• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Premier League player of the season

Who is your current choice for Premier League Player of the Season?

• Total voters
Igahlo should maybe be on that list too. Been pretty impressive for an average side. But my vote goes to Mahrez.

I'm going to cap the list at two Spurs players to try and counter our inherent bias towards our own. Should Dier be picked above Dembele (I think so) or Alderweireld?

I agree that Dier should be choosen also. Scara mentioned about Alders being underrated by non-Spurs and I feel the same for Dier. Dembele is 100% our most improved but I think it's a stretch to mention him as the PL's player of the season.

So our nominees are?

Igahlo
Mahrez
Dier
Alderweireld
Ozil
Vardy
Drinkwater
Lukaku
Payet
Aguero

Is anyone missing?

I think Dembele has had a better season than Dier. However, Dier has impressed hugely this season, especially in his first season playing in a new role. So, it's tough to choose between the two, but my vote would go to Dembele.

I think Dembele has had a better season than Dier. However, Dier has impressed hugely this season, especially in his first season playing in a new role. So, it's tough to choose between the two, but my vote would go to Dembele.
I agree with that. I love Dier and what he give us but Dembele has had the better season so far IMO.

No way that Dembele is on a list ahead of Kane imo.

*edit, nevermind, i didnt get that far through the thread!

What kind of player is Mahrez?.. despite all the hype I havent really seen much of Leicester other than our games against them

Extremely confident on the ball, skillful, creative, great vision and fast enough.

Doesn't seem to be under any strict instructions to stay in a particular area of the attacking half, maybe licence to roam.

Dele Alli!? .. Even Harry Kane deserves a mention in my book.

We're limiting it to two Spurs players on the short list. Kane and Alli certainly deserve to be discussed but who should they make the list at the expense of?

Back