• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Prem XI

GK Schmeichel
RB Neville
LB Irwin
CB Ledley :)
CB Stam
RM Ronaldo
CM Keane
CM Beckham
LM Giggs
FW Cantona
FW Shearer

Wow that's tough will probably rethink it. No Ginola, Bergkamp, Henry, Sheringham, Klinsmann, Owen, Fowler...
Gazza is my all time star but Im assuming you want to go down the Premiership era route :)

Beckham central midfield is a joke right? How many times did you see him play in central midfield for Man Utd?

GK: Schmeichel
CB: Rio Ferdinand
CB: Marcel Desailly
LB: Christian Zeige
RB: Kyle Walker
LM: Gareth Bale
RM: David Beckham
CM: Roy Keane
CM: Xavi Alonso
F: Jurgen Klinsmann
F: Alan Shearer

subs bench: Hoddle, Cantona, Van Der Sar, Mabbutt, Ginola.

edit - fudge! where do you put Bergkamp?

ronaldo not good enough for you then? :-k

James

Sol at RB or anyone else for that matter - Neville had no competition for his spot for 15 years - extremely limited footballer

Don't you think a club like United could just buy a competitor for the RB slot if they thought Neville was so limited?

Beckham central midfield is a joke right? How many times did you see him play in central midfield for Man Utd?

Only when they won the Champions League final, securing the only English treble in history.

But fine, I'll take him out and put in Jake Livermore, that lad will just get on with it and do the job :)

Very surprised at people putting the likes of Rio, Terry and Vidic ahead of Adams, Campbell, Stam etc. Vidic is a very good defender, but Rio and Terry are nowhere near the class of Tony Adams, Sol Campbell etc.

Best XI as a team:

GK ÔÇô Schmeichel

RB ÔÇô G.Neville
CB ÔÇô Adams
CB ÔÇô King
LB ÔÇô A.Cole

CM ÔÇô Keane
CM ÔÇô Vieira

RW ÔÇô Ronaldo
AM ÔÇô Lampard
LW ÔÇô Giggs

S ÔÇô Shearer

Best XI as a team:

GK – Schmeichel

RB – G.Neville
CB – Adams
CB – King
LB – A.Cole

CM – Keane
CM – Vieira

RW – Ronaldo
AM – Lampard
LW – Giggs

S – Shearer

That's a pretty good team. I'd probably replace Lampard with Scholes though.

No-one would pass this back 5, however that wouldn’t really be problem seeing as the other team would never steal the ball from the other 5, so Schmeichel would have nothing to do except getting fat.

Schmeichel

G Neville Vidic Stam Irwin

Keane

Scholes Fabregas

Ronaldo Cantona Henry

Last edited:
Very surprised at people putting the likes of Rio, Terry and Vidic ahead of Adams, Campbell, Stam etc. Vidic is a very good defender, but Rio and Terry are nowhere near the class of Tony Adams, Sol Campbell etc.

You forgot the all important "imo"

Best XI as a team:

GK – Schmeichel

RB – G.Neville
CB – Adams
CB – King
LB – A.Cole

CM – Keane
CM – Vieira

RW – Ronaldo
AM – Lampard
LW – Giggs

S – Shearer

Think this is a very good team although I'd have to take out lampard and replace with bergkamp or Henry. In theory you'd want all 3 in but you can only pick 11.

IMO.....

Don't you think a club like United could just buy a competitor for the RB slot if they thought Neville was so limited?

Why - there were much stronger defenders around carrying him for a decade

They had bigger issues elsewhere considering the club went through (at least) 3 transition phases in the modern PL era

ronaldo not good enough for you then? :-k

no, I deliberately put in players that I actually like and respect! I want artistry, flair, football brain and immense capacity for fun. Which excludes C Ronaldo and other cheats / fairys.

I did struggle not putting Sol in, but then I thought why put players I despise into my all time team? Cole? Henry? scientifically proven tossers of the highest order. Ooh look at me im Ashely Cole, give me a zillion pounds! Ooh look at me im Terry Henry, ill just cheat my way to a World Cup final!

I think the rule should be any player you pick, should be measured at his best point AFTER a character test. Hoddle and Waddle both played in the prem, as did Gazza. this may be a can of worms... but still, I wont have ashley cole. You want class acts, not filth.

Personally, I'd take Birdcamp any day of the week. That half-turn / volley goal was masterclass.

The biggest disappointment in the 'wish they had played for Spurs' department

Berkkamp was a class act, no doubt about it, but Zola was easily Chelsea's best player for a number of years. Berkkamp also had the advantage of being much taller, bigger and stronger and could bully defenders, whereas Zola had to rely on skill mainly.

Back