• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Prem XI

Gk - Ledley King
DR - Ledley King
CB - Ledley King
CB - Ledley King
LB - Ledley King
LM - Ledley King
CM - Ledley King
CM - Ledley King
RM - Ledley King
ST - Ledley King
ST - Ledley King

Oh, we all dream of a team of Ledley Kings, a team of Ledley Kings.....

For me:

GK Schmeichel
RB G.Neville
LB Cole
CB Fedinand
CB Vidic
RM Ronaldo
LM Giggs
CM Fabregas
CM Toure
ST Henry
ST Van Nist

IMO - there is always a British bias in these teams. Players like Keane Sheringham and Scholes are not in the same league as Fabregas, Henry and RVN. RVP is in a complety different class to Sheringham as Fabregas is to Scholes.

Silva and Aguero woukld be in there as well had they been here longer.

Shearer and Keane, for example, are 2 of the best ever premiership players, therefore they have to be in an all time prem XI. I think Keane's last couple of years at Utd and Celtic have affected peoples judgements of him. He was AMAZING in the 90's. Shearer's record speaks for itself really.

Shearer and Keane, for example, are 2 of the best ever premiership players, therefore they have to be in an all time prem XI. I think Keane's last couple of years at Utd and Celtic have affected peoples judgements of him. He was AMAZING in the 90's. Shearer's record speaks for itself really.

Shearer had a very good record, but not as good as Henry, not close , not as good as RVN . In addition these players had better all round games , better technique . Henry used to get 30 goals and 30 assists and he did not take all the penalties.

Keane was good, but I always thought a little over hyped. Utd did just as well in fact better when he left, although people said he could not be replaced. Would a young Keane get in City's team today? No is the answer IMO.

I think he'd walk in there ahead of Barry and de Jong! toure's obviously quality but keane was putting in those sort of performances for years.

Your underestimating shearer's all round game as well IMO, in his prime he had everything (baring messi style skills!). Both the players your comparing him with left the prem in their prime(ish), had they played as late and as many years as shearer I think people's memory of them would be tainted as well.

The CM spot is pretty competitive.

No mention yet of Vieira, who was pretty much a complete player. With leadership to boot

.....................................Schmeichel

G. Neville.................King.................Rio.............Irwin

C.Ronaldo.................Ince................Modric.........Henry

...............................Shearer...........Rooney

=P~

GK: Schmeichel
CB: Rio Ferdinand
CB: Marcel Desailly
LB: Christian Zeige
RB: Kyle Walker
LM: Gareth Bale
RM: David Beckham
CM: Roy Keane
CM: Xavi Alonso
F: Jurgen Klinsmann
F: Alan Shearer

subs bench: Hoddle, Cantona, Van Der Sar, Mabbutt, Ginola.

edit - fudge! where do you put Bergkamp?

Last edited:
Ignoring individuals, best team would be:

GK: Seaman
LB: Winterburn
CB: Keown
CB: Adams
RB: Dixon
LM: Giggs
CM: Keane
CM: Scholes
RM: Beckham
ST: Yorke
ST: Cole

the british bias isnt a bad thing sometimes. Id love to have seen Fabregas or Henry play a few seasons lower down the leagues and see if they turn out the same - the point being, the toughness that English players have is a mixed blessing. Imagine if Fabregas had done his time at Leeds before Arsenal signed him, they would have kicked ten shades out of him and he would have had to adapt his game, or possibly not be able to and not get into the team at all! They might have been invincibles, but they didnt half bitch and moan when fouled. And they still do! You dont see Parker bitching about fouls. Suarez kicked him full in the ribs a few weeks ago and hes up doing the same against Holland a few weeks later.

on the other hand, not enough english/british players are encouraged to be skillful. Dawson can sure hoof a ball!

Injuries are the only reason I didn't pick King. I went for Vidic and Terry but I think King is better than Terry at his best. For me Vidic is the best defender in the Premier League era.

GK: Schmeichel
LB: Cashley
CB: Adams (pains me to say it)
CB: Rio
RB: G Neville (surprisingly, we haven't had many RBs in this league who have had great longevity apart from Neville and maybe Carr?)
LM: R Giggs
CM: R Keane
CM: P Scholes
RM: C Ronaldo
CF: A Shearer
CF: T Henry

Subs: RVN, P Viera, S Gerrard, Ledley, Bergkamp, Desailly, Seaman

GK - Schmeichel

RB - G.Neville
CB - T.Adams
CB - M.Desailly
LB - A.Cole

RM - C.Ronaldo
CM - P.Scholes
CM - R.Keane
LM - R.Giggs

FW - A.Shearer
FW - T.Henry

Difficult choices in some cases but in others not so difficult. I think it would be difficult to find a midfield 4 that has the same balance and quality throughout the history of the Premier League. Desailly I felt deserved an inclusion, I thought he was outstanding during his time at Chelsea in the main and would have made a good partner with contrasting style for Tony Adams.

Really wanted to find a place for Gianfranco Zola but it would be criminal not to include Henry and Shearer tbh.

Injuries are the only reason I didn't pick King. I went for Vidic and Terry but I think King is better than Terry at his best. For me Vidic is the best defender in the Premier League era.

Which is why you should pick him. This is hyperthetical, so everyone at their peak, in full fitness. Otherwise you could point out that Scholes got old, and Campbell got fat etc etc etc

the british bias isnt a bad thing sometimes. Id love to have seen Fabregas or Henry play a few seasons lower down the leagues and see if they turn out the same - the point being, the toughness that English players have is a mixed blessing. Imagine if Fabregas had done his time at Leeds before Arsenal signed him, they would have kicked ten shades out of him and he would have had to adapt his game, or possibly not be able to and not get into the team at all! They might have been invincibles, but they didnt half bitch and moan when fouled. And they still do! You dont see Parker bitching about fouls. Suarez kicked him full in the ribs a few weeks ago and hes up doing the same against Holland a few weeks later.

on the other hand, not enough english/british players are encouraged to be skillful. Dawson can sure hoof a ball!

It may have made them tougher, but overall they are just better players and they prove it at International level, which our players don't.

Without foreign players to mask their deficiencies they flounder.

Roy, Mabbutt is arguably my favourite ever player, but not even I would put him in an all time prem XI :p

Leader, composed, assured, good distributor. Makes mine every time. Great player in a poor squad for too long. The Adams critics will say he played in a better defence therefore making him look better. I'd say it's got legs. Don't get me wrong he was solid and reliable no doubt.

Back