• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict The Run In

So much negativity on here. I'd take challenging for 3rd or 4th every year over midtable / occasional flirting with relegation of the late 90's early 00's. We worked hard over the season to be in a position of being able to guarentee CL with 3 wins ahead of a club that spends £1m per week more in wages. That's how I prefer to look at it rather than the 'only having ourselves to blame' stuff.

So much negativity on here. I'd take challenging for 3rd or 4th every year over midtable / occasional flirting with relegation of the late 90's early 00's. We worked hard over the season to be in a position of being able to guarentee CL with 3 wins ahead of a club that spends £1m per week more in wages. That's how I prefer to look at it rather than the 'only having ourselves to blame' stuff.
good perspective. been there done that. yep this is so much better.

Agreed. The other thing I would say is that although we've dropped points to teams like Fulham, Wigan and Norwich at home, we've also gained points by beating United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool at various times. Any of those matches could have easily been draws, and so could a number of the good away wins we've had this season.

The fact is we've been better away from home, probably because of the type of player that makes up our first choice team right now. We've been poorer when needing to control a game against a smaller team at home, but it's kind of levelled out because we've done better than most years against the bigger teams. So we can rue the dropped points, but really we should also be happy we gained when we might not have if we had played a different way.

We are probably right where we should be to be honest, still in with a shot of 3rd or 4th going into the final weeks. 5th wouldn't be a disaster.

Agreed. The other thing I would say is that although we've dropped points to teams like Fulham, Wigan and Norwich at home, we've also gained points by beating United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool at various times. Any of those matches could have easily been draws, and so could a number of the good away wins we've had this season.

The fact is we've been better away from home, probably because of the type of player that makes up our first choice team right now. We've been poorer when needing to control a game against a smaller team at home, but it's kind of levelled out because we've done better than most years against the bigger teams. So we can rue the dropped points, but really we should also be happy we gained when we might not have if we had played a different way.

We are probably right where we should be to be honest, still in with a shot of 3rd or 4th going into the final weeks. 5th wouldn't be a disaster.

Agreed. 5th wouldn't be a disaster, but finishing 3rd/4th would give us a financial boost and also have the bonus of seeing how Arsenal/Chelsea deal with no CL football for the 1st time in ages (presume mourinho would still come to chelsea?)

My prediction:

Spurs: 72 pts (Stoke have nothing to play for, Sunderland should be safe on GD alone)
Chelski: 71 pts (Score Draw v Villa, Scoreless Draw v Everton in Moyes last game)
Arsenal: 71 pts (Score Draw v Wigan, Win v Saudi Sportswashing Machine)

Call me crazy

My prediction:

Spurs: 72 pts (Stoke have nothing to play for, Sunderland should be safe on GD alone)
Chelski: 71 pts (Score Draw v Villa, Scoreless Draw v Everton in Moyes last game)

Call me crazy

love it - could well happen.

My prediction:

Call me crazy

You're crazy!

I still believe we will finish top 4 this season. Something tells me we'll get the bit of luck we need and it will cap off a fine season for AVB.

So many more permutations with us clinching a point tonight, not least keeping chelsea in the mix. Couldn't really understand the OMT depression over 'if we don't win we're f*cked''

I thought we would draw tonight and as mental as it sounds, playing catch-up may suit us. Get a win on sunday and the goons can sweat it out against wigan.

If we had won tonight, it would have been great but i would fear a repeat of the Villa away game last year.

We just don't give up. I love that about us. Mentally I think we're stronger than last year if not as talented.

2 defeats in 20 games, both easily could have been avoided. It's not to be sniffed at.

We've remained fairly consistent and haven't faltered. The fact we could get 72 points and still not qualify is flabbergasting.

Hate the fact that if Scum beat Wigan it will save Saudi Sportswashing Machine meaning the geordies roll over in the final game of the season.

We just don't give up. I love that about us. Mentally I think we're stronger than last year if not as talented.

2 defeats in 20 games, both easily could have been avoided. It's not to be sniffed at.

We've remained fairly consistent and haven't faltered. The fact we could get 72 points and still not qualify is flabbergasting.

I think that is a very good point. I have not enjoyed watching us as much as last year but I have enjoyed watching our results. Bit late to make that read better.

Hate the fact that if Scum beat Wigan it will save Saudi Sportswashing Machine meaning the geordies roll over in the final game of the season.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine lose to QPR on Saturday, then they will still need a point v Arsenal on SUnday to be sure.

As long Saudi Sportswashing Machine dont better the WIgan result at Arsenal they will only be 3pts ahead on the final day. We need one more favour off Harry, or a massive one off Wigan.

It's not necessarily a bad thing if Saudi Sportswashing Machine have nothing to play for. Pressure does funny things to a team....

TottenhamChelseaArsenal
Stoke (A)Aston Villa (A)Wigan (H)
Sunderland (H)Everton (H)Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)

I'll weight the teams as follows, expected number of points in brackets (home/away):

Top 1: Man Utd (0/0, anything here is a bonus)

CL contenders: Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton (1/1, 8 points in total)

Mid table: Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, Southampton, Liverpool (3/1, 40 points in total)

Bottom 4: QPR, Wigan, Reading, Aston Villa (3/3, 24 points in total)

If anyone matched this over the course of a season they would get 72 points. It's mostly intended to rate the different run ins and you never know when teams will start to switch off towards the end of the season.

As it stands:

City 75
Chelsea 69
Arsenal 67
Tottenham 66
Everton 60
Liverpool 55

Predicted outcome:

Emirates Marketing Project 81 (6/6 points won)
Chelsea 73 (4/6 points won)
Arsenal 71 (4/6 points won)
Tottenham 70 (4/6 points won)
Everton 64 (4/6 points won)
Liverpool 59 (4/6 points won)

Using last season's results from the same fixtures:

Emirates Marketing Project 81
Chelsea 75
Tottenham 69
Arsenal 68
Everton 63
Liverpool 58