• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs MLS All-Stars OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm on hols at a decent all-inclusive (they kinda exist) and you're still bettering me!

About to tuck into something that looks flash

They have good players, our advantage is two thingson't

- we are a team
- if we play at English pace we will hurt them

That said, I fully expect a tough match
Don't think it will be possible to play at English pace, July is the hottest month of the year and the altitude will be a problem.

Yes.
Keane: "The All-Star game is a big occasion for the league and something you see over here in basketball, baseball and NFL. Every player in the MLS wants to be involved in this game."

What is he supposed to say? "I'm a bit tinkled off having to fly a few thousand miles midweek to play in a friendly in mid season"
Meanwhile he has pulled out with injury.

What is he supposed to say? "I'm a bit ****ed off having to fly a few thousand miles midweek to play in a friendly in mid season"
Meanwhile he has pulled out with injury.
You're right, you know far more about it than me, clearly it is a drag for these players and they tend to coast to victory against Chelski et al

Steven Gerrard, Robbie Keane, Michael Bradley, Chris Tierney joins Lampard in missing the game.

Was at open training session, for what its worth, at one point we split out the senior team for some kind of pass out of the back drill.

Team used

Vorm
Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies
Dier, Bentaleb
Dembele, Eriksen, Chadli
Kane

Lots of youth/academy there, Yedlin as well.

Hugo spent some time with crowd, didn't see him ptactice.

Thanks Raziel, appreciated

Toby partners Jan as expected, pushing Dier into DM position, with Bentaleb and Dembele... strong team IMO, just Dembele slightly out of position but we don't have anyone better to play there.

Thanks Raziel, appreciated

Toby partners Jan as expected, pushing Dier into DM position, with Bentaleb and Dembele... strong team IMO, just Dembele slightly out of position but we don't have anyone better to play there.

Dembele played very well in that position when we trashed Saudi Sportswashing Machine up there a couple seasons ago.

Probably strongest side we have at moment based on squad. Hugo and Rose only ones who you would expect to be added.

Anyone know if there are any bars in Lanzarote, at which I can watch Sky/whatever channel the game is on? I'm in Teguise.

Anyone know if there are any bars in Lanzarote, at which I can watch Sky/whatever channel the game is on? I'm in Teguise.
Jesters Bar - Costa Teguise
CC Tandarena 20/21, Av Islas Canarias

Sunset Sports Bar
Avenida De Las Islas Canarias, Urbanizacion Siroco, 35509 Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Spain

It's a shame they closed The Rat & Parrot on Calle Puta, it was great.

Was at open training session, for what its worth, at one point we split out the senior team for some kind of pass out of the back drill.

Team used

Vorm
Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies
Dier, Bentaleb
Dembele, Eriksen, Chadli
Kane

Lots of youth/academy there, Yedlin as well.

Hugo spent some time with crowd, didn't see him ptactice.

Dier in central midfield again.
I know its a meaningless friendly but what must our actual central midfielders think.

I know its a meaningless friendly but what must our actual central midfielders think.
Not much probably. We sold quite a few of them recently. Mason is injured. Dembele already needed on the wing, the others are kids.

I expect they don't have the sense of entitlement that you ascribe to them and instead are being told by Pochettino and the coaching team what the reasoning is. Which you are not.

Not much probably. We sold quite a few of them recently. Mason is injured. Dembele already needed on the wing, the others are kids.

Tom Carroll is older than Dier.
Dembele isnt needed on the wing.

Dier doesn't have the passing ability or technical ability to play in midfield. Also he wont have the positioning as he not anywhere near used to playing there. And what is the point in shoving him into another new position hampering his development?
What must Onomah, Dele Alli and Winks think if a centre half barely a few years older than them is ahead of them in the midfield peeking order. These guys cant even get a chance in pre season.

But this is typical from the same Manger that give Kane only 64 minutes in the first 10 league games of the season until he couldnt ignore his form in the cups anymore and then got lauded for his youth policy. Its all talk. The only player he brought in from our 'youths' was Mason.

Last edited:
Tom Carroll is older than Dier.

Carroll is probably the only one with whom you have somewhat of a point. At the same time though he isn't exactly this defensive minded midfielder. In fact he often gets used as a 10 nowadays. Not sure you can really compare him to Dier playing in midfield. In the end I don't think he'll make it here anyway.

Dembele isnt needed on the wing.

Well, he seems to be needed there in America at least. Lamela just being back from holiday, Townsend injured, Lennon banished... not much options there.

Dier doesn't have the passing ability or technical ability to play in midfield. Also he wont have the positioning as he not anywhere near used to playing there.

That's not entirely true though, he played there for Sporting at times as well.

And what is the point in shoving him into another new position hampering his development?

At his young age it's not necessarily a bad thing experimenting a bit in other positions, he'll learn from it. Also, strictly speaking we don't actually know whether CB is his best position. Last year he did better for us at RB with his crossing in particular, though it's probably not going to be his standard position of course.

What must Onomah, Dele Alli and Winks think if a centre half barely a few years older than them is ahead of them in the midfield peeking order.

That they need to improve further? That they could do with a loan perhaps before trying to establish themselves into the Spurs team? I don't see why they should feel entitled to start? They are kids still. Honestly, they should be quite happy even being with the first-team instead of the U21's right now, let alone starting for us.

These guys cant even get a chance in pre season.

They will get some game-time, most players won't play the full 90 minutes. Dier however also needs game-time. And since we already have four other CB's he might thus end up getting that game-time in midfield. Personally I am not particularly a fan of playing Dier in midfield myself, but this is pre-season, the ideal time to experiment and quite frankly Dier needs game-time.

Dier is clearly going to be our Jones. Not a bad thing, the guy is clearly comfortable playing anywhere along the back and in midfield. Great squad option to have.

Steven Gerrard, Robbie Keane, Michael Bradley, Chris Tierney joins Lampard in missing the game.

So no coincidence that LA Galaxy lose 3-0 and then their players are suddenly "injured" - makes a mockery of the "All-stars" notion.

Incidentally, on Monday Keane said: “This is a special one for me because it’s against Tottenham, my club, the club where I felt I made my name and had a big impact. Everyone knows Spurs is a club very close to my heart, so this is a big deal for me,”

On Tues: Withdraws from squad, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back