• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs MLS All-Stars OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to get to the Spurs Pre-Season thread, but seem to have ended up in the Victimpool thread. Peculiar. And where is the Spurs vs Real Madrid OMT?

Have Ar5ena1 strengthened significantly? Are Man U with only Rooney up front and no new defenders significantly stronger? How are Emirates Marketing Project, Chel53a, Southampton or Liverpool stronger?

Just seen your reply Milo, by the end of the transfer window these teams will have strengthened significantly especially Utd, when DeMaria goes it will start.

Just seen your reply Milo, by the end of the transfer window these teams will have strengthened significantly especially Utd, when DeMaria goes it will start.

That's a change from the post I was responding to where you said "the other teams imo have strengthened significantly". If we are giving United until the end of the window, why not reserve judgement on us too?

Start? They've already spent the GDP of a small nation on Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger and the losses they are taking on their outgoings make Soldado look like a shrewd investment. Man Utd simply aren't like us and they don't need to wait to sell before they buy. Especially when the player you suggest they're waiting to sell is going to be another major loss (and after only one year). It doesn't seem to me like LVG has a coherent transfer strategy, and I don't think he's suddenly going to develop one when di Maria leaves.

Though I certainly don't dispute the idea that they'll spend another shed-load of money by the end of August - whether that actually strengthens them or just adds to the confusion is a different matter.

That's a change from the post I was responding to where you said "the other teams imo have strengthened significantly". If we are giving United until the end of the window, why not reserve judgement on us too?

Utd have bought Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger , Arsenal have Cech, City have Sterling and Delph, Chelsea have Falcao, Begovic, Pantic, Liverpool have Ings, Milner, Clyne, Benteke.

That IS strengthening significantly.

We need a superstar if we going to get in the top four ! in the MLS game imo we looked our usual pedestrian selves until we brought the youngsters on, Ali looks good to me, a very good prospect, we need a defensive minded mid otherwise our defence will always be suckers owing to the way our fullbacks push up.

From what I have seen last season I would not be surprised if Pochettino is gone by xmas.

But we've signed 3 players also and have Alli returning from his second half of the season loan spell. Potentially that's improving two starting positions (CB and RB) and improving two back up positions (CB and CM) - Just because they aren't the more exciting attacking positions or big name/high cost deals it does not mean we haven't improved ourselves.

We had the best attack outside the top 4 and the worst defence outside the bottom 3 - whilst I think we all know we relied too much on Mason and Bentaleb throughout the season due to lack of trust in the ability/suitability of our back up options - so on paper our good attack has remained in tact, our defence has improved and we have started to improve our CM options...

Not to mention the signs are promising that we'll add at least a CF and a CM before the end of the window and possibly a WF too

Last edited:
But we've signed 3 players also and have Alli returning from his second half of the season loan spell. Potentially that's improving two starting positions (CB and RB) and improving two back up positions (CB and CM) - Just because they aren't the more exciting attacking positions or big name/high cost deals it does not mean we haven't improved ourselves.

All signs point to us adding at least a CF and CM and possibly a WF before the end of the window

Agreed in principle but can we improve enough to seriously challenge for top four, saw Ali for MK a few times he could be really special I also like Trippier, I love midweek football it is something to look forward too during the week but it is counter productive, just imagine if the Europa league effects WHU league form which is more than possible then they could be playing championship games in the OS next season !

just imagine if the Europa league effects WHU league form which is more than possible then they could be playing championship games in the OS next season !

We can but dream. Unfortunately they'll be knocked out before it gets to that. :(

Utd have bought Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger , Ar5ena1 have Cech, City have Sterling and Delph, Chel53a have Falcao, Begovic, Pantic, Liverpool have Ings, Milner, Clyne, Benteke.

We need a superstar if we going to get in the top four ! in the MLS game imo we looked our usual pedestrian selves until we brought the youngsters on, Ali looks good to me, a very good prospect, we need a defensive minded mid otherwise our defence will always be suckers owing to the way our fullbacks push up.

From what I have seen last season I would not be surprised if Pochettino is gone by xmas.

What about their departures and weaknesses that remain unaddressed?

What about their departures and weaknesses that remain unaddressed?

Their weaknesses are a lot less severe than our weaknesses, we need to improve our squad by a bigger percentage than they do just to get nearer to them which financially is difficult, imo our big weakness is that we can retain 60% plus of possession and still look toothless, last season the three outstanding players for me were Lloris, Kane and Rose, I find the rest quite ordinary and imo would not be able to command regular places in the teams that finished above us, although fourth was there for the taking fifth was a good acceptable finish for us, its such fine margins, if we had a Suarez that stayed fit for a whole season then I would bet on us finishing in the top four, I am looking forward with hope that our young players will emerge this season especially Ali, Winks and Pritchard, they should be given Europa starts.

If a team that finishes above us strengthens numerous positions and we also strengthen, to what degree do our existing players need to improve to finish above them?

The alternative is to work on the basis that last seasons Top 4 are not our rivals but are in a separate group that we cannot currently compete with.

If a team that finishes above us strengthens numerous positions and we also strengthen, to what degree do our existing players need to improve to finish above them?

The alternative is to work on the basis that last seasons Top 4 are not our rivals but are in a separate group that we cannot currently compete with.

I think we I doing the only sensible thing we can by buying young players with potential, I really like MS but £25m ? I admire Wenger who refuses to pay big money for players in general, he will pay the big bucks for the special player that can make the difference ie Ozil but even then its not a certainty, I am just happy seeing progress, we are a top six team by right now, its amusing talking to other fans, not many rate us.

Utd have bought Depay, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger , Ar5ena1 have Cech, City have Sterling and Delph, Chel53a have Falcao, Begovic, Pantic, Liverpool have Ings, Milner, Clyne, Benteke.

I think we I doing the only sensible thing we can by buying young players with potential, I really like MS but £25m ? I admire Wenger who refuses to pay big money for players in general, he will pay the big bucks for the special player that can make the difference ie Ozil but even then its not a certainty, I am just happy seeing progress, we are a top six team by right now, its amusing talking to other fans, not many rate us.

Apologies if you have a diagnosis for schizophrenia...but if not?? o_O

I am saying that we cannot financially compete with the teams above us, we are doing the right thing by investing in youth, top six is a good achievement for us, progress is getting shot of a lot of deadwood players and building a new stadium, other fans think we are delusional and punching above our weight.

I must admit that I do not rate Pochettino but will be happy if or when he proves me wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back