• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre-Season: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs MLS All-Stars OPSFMT ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the MLS team will win, this is HUGE for them; their chance to show the famous Tottingham big boys how good they are... I reckon they'll have the edge but we're cool with that, we have bigger fish to fry.

kaka, Dempsey and Keane obviously need to be watched (would all three play at the same time?)

other than those three, meh

They have good players, our advantage is two things

- we are a team
- if we play at English pace we will hurt them

That said, I fully expect a tough match

I think the MLS team will win, this is HUGE for them; their chance to show the famous Tottingham big boys how good they are... I reckon they'll have the edge but we're cool with that, we have bigger fish to fry.

Is it?
I think most of the decent players here will be embarrassed to have been made travel thousands of miles to play a friendly in the middle of their season.

Is it?
I think most of the decent players here will be embarrassed to have been made travel thousands of miles to play a friendly in the middle of their season.
Yes.
Keane: "The All-Star game is a big occasion for the league and something you see over here in basketball, baseball and NFL. Every player in the MLS wants to be involved in this game."

They have good players, our advantage is two things

- we are a team
- if we play at English pace we will hurt them

That said, I fully expect a tough match
I'd completely forgotten (just read an article about it) but Bayern Munich played this same fixture last summer and were beaten 2-1. And Guardiola was so tinkled off with the apparent "hard tackling" of the MLS team that he refused to shake hands with the opposition manager at the end.

Is it?

Can't comment on the plyers but for the fans it's taken very seriously (or at least so a couple of yank friends tell me) as it is an opportunity to show the progress being made in the league against very good sides every year. They've beaten Chelsea both times they've played them and they beat Bayern last season as well so I'd say the players must be pretty up for it.

Of course from our perspective the result won't be important, all about fitness raar raar raar, but in terms of getting those fitness levels sharpened up a fixture against a side who are at full fitness halfway through their season, going to be looking to get that win and make you work all over the pitch is always a great idea.

It should also help our standing in America more than playing a couple of random MLS sides ever would.

Nope, 2 forward.

Not on Fox Sports it... Crikey guy with big Spurs tat just walked past... anyhow.- not on my Fox Sport.

The Yanks should be up for this; we are the international home of the NFL didn't you know...

Nope, 2 forward.

Not on Fox Sports it... Crikey guy with big Spurs tat just walked past... anyhow.- not on my Fox Sport.

The Yanks should be up for this; we are the international home of the NFL didn't you know...

Sorry, my mistook.

Been in the pub for 7hrs or 3 days, or many pints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back