• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

Again, done down the right - that was KWP's error, shouldn't have been caught as high up the pitch when CCV was drawn towards the center.

And CCV might have stopped Canvani cutting in. Got turned again - all beit by one of the best.

Can't blame KWP for that goal, he was playing high up the pitch. For a 20 year old, he's doing just fine.

Indeed. The pair of them are new and you can see it. KWP looks like a quick learner to me though.

True. I like that they're both brave,at least - KWP's still going up the field despite being caught out, and CCV looks like he hasn't been fazed by his error for the first one.

And CCV might have stopped Canvani cutting in. Got turned again - all beit by one of the best.

Fair enough, but it's more immediately obvious that, whether it's CCV or KWP, our defensive liabilities are coming from the right, not the left. Probably just rustiness and rookie errors, of course - but we can't afford the latter in any *real* games down the line, so if either are likely to be our second-choices in their respective positions, they'll have to iron those out pretty quickly.

Rookie mistakes. It's the thing they get away with at youth level. You just can't do stuff like that at this level. They're not ready.
I maintain, you've jumped to a conclusion far too early.
We will play many worse teams than PSG and those two players will be even more ready/comfortable/practiced so I think they could just be viable options.
My mind may be swayed if they turn in a few calamitous performances over pre-season.

Good game for a preseason game so far. Good intensity and tempo. Liking the intensity shown by Onomah in particular as in the past he's sometimes looked a bit on the low intensity side.

Good run out for some of our younger players up against top class opponents. Some individual mistakes all around, but overall some decent performances.

You'd imagine though that they wouldn't both be playing together in game unless we were very desperate. I'd imagine KWP playing outside of Alderweireld would be a different prospect, but mistakes at this level are punished.

On the whole though it's been encouraging. N'Koudou has looked decent at times, Onomah too when joining up with Eriksen and Dembele in the centre. Janssen hasn't had a great deal to work with, but has layed off a couple of good balls i guess.

Fair enough, but it's more immediately obvious that, whether it's CCV or KWP, our defensive liabilities are coming from the right, not the left. Probably just rustiness and rookie errors, of course - but we can't afford the latter in any *real* games down the line, so if either are likely to be our second-choices in their respective positions, they'll have to iron those out pretty quickly.

CCV and Onomah just seem to need a loan to me. They don't seem match sharp, both highly talented, not used to playing senior competitive games.

KWP is clearly one for the future. Just turned 20, he's got drive and ability.

I agree they will need to sharpen up to play regularly, but only 45 mins of the first game of the season. If you were judging Dier by the same token, you'd baulk at his sloppy pass in the first 10 mins.

Rookie mistakes. It's the thing they get away with at youth level. You just can't do stuff like that at this level. They're not ready.
How do those mistakes differ from those from these more experienced players? Dier giving the ball away after 5 minutes deep in our half is one of the worst mistake from our lads. Had that been one of the youngsters you probably would have seen that as evidence that he's not ready?

He was playing high up at a time he shouldn't.
KWP? I thought the initial error was from Lloris playing the ball out to a headed duel well into our half. Then the turnover... KWP getting up the pitch early isn't great, but it's not some inexcusable mistake. I'm quite sure Walker MK1 has done similar.

This game has it all :) Haha Ref should have let the goal stand rather than give a red. Friendlies normally see v few cards...

Back