• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pre Season 2017

Nice strike by Toby.

Nice blast down the middle, right of centre pen by Harry.

Seems quite humid out, eh ?

Definitely worth staying up till after 3am to watch. Great display. Considering it's the first game back the *squad* is looking good. GG

I know it's just a friendly, but I wouldn't mind getting PSG from pot 1 in CL. I think the way they play suits us. They play out from the back and takes big risks.

So what do we need? Another RB. KWP deserves a few more games, but he is young and a little raw. Some can step up, and learn quickly. Alli for example was raw but adapted quickly.

If Lamela and Son come back fit, Barkley is less of a must. But when/will Lamela come back? One more: either a striker or a midfielder.

So ideally 3 players in.

I'm almost a bit hesitant to get too carried away with friendly results, and performances. After all, I remember beating Roma 5-0 in a pre season friendly, all looking good, and then hitting our 2 points from 8 games form. And then there's last season in which we struggled before season, and yet had our best league season yet (Premier League).

Yet, tonight we played very well. A few good goals and the players looked sharp and at a good level of condition ahead of the season. Bodes well, but won't get too carried away.

Definitely worth staying up till after 3am to watch. Great display. Considering it's the first game back the *squad* is looking good. GG
yes, we look like we are clicking already - it's a well versed system,just need match sharpness. Let's see how the season plays out if we hit the ground running.

Baby steps. 2 worldies from Eriksen and Toby, one off Dier closing the keeper and a pen. Plenty of work to do still. Nice to see us passing the ball well at times. PSG weren't phased by our press second half and even with 10 they passed around it. We need to be able to do that too. Not sure we're as comfortable on the ball as many of the players at PSG. Still we are on a par with them more or less!

Monaco pot 1 then? I'd take them too! They have been ripped apart this summer.

I don't mind who we get. Time to be challenging the very best. If we get ripped apart, we learn. I don't think we would get well beaten. Maybe a couple of goals loss, especially against the likes of Real Madrid. If we don't play the best, how can we aspire to be the best.

I watched Emirates Marketing Project last night play man u and the Blue team were comprehensively outplayed in their first pre season game while it showed Man U had a couple of games under their belt, we looked sluggish early and at times with our 2nd team playing in the first half, looked naive but I was really impressed with how Carter Vickers and Walker Peters acquitted themselves overall against top class opposition, the red card against the PSG keeper was a game changer, PSG went into their shell a bit but we had the luxury of bringing on Ali and Kane for the 2nd half and we showed our class to get the win, its only pre-season but for a 1st game, there are only positives, better than playing stevenage like we used to!!

I watched Emirates Marketing Project last night play man u and the Blue team were comprehensively outplayed in their first pre season game while it showed Man U had a couple of games under their belt, we looked sluggish early and at times with our 2nd team playing in the first half, looked naive but I was really impressed with how Carter Vickers and Walker Peters acquitted themselves overall against top class opposition, the red card against the PSG keeper was a game changer, PSG went into their shell a bit but we had the luxury of bringing on Ali and Kane for the 2nd half and we showed our class to get the win, its only pre-season but for a 1st game, there are only positives, better than playing stevenage like we used to!!
Two academy lads in the back 4. Only Eriksen a clear first choice in the front 4 including Onomah and Nkoudou who both were bit part players last season. Good showing against a strong PSG side even though they were obviously far from their best level.

Back