• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Who has been our best right-back in the post-Pleat caretaker era?

Who has been our best right-back since summer 2004 (i.e. since Stephen Carr Left)?

• Stephen Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noe Pamarot

• Paul Stalteri

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Pascal Chimbonda

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Alan Hutton

• Chris Gunter

• Vedran Corluka

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Kyle Walker

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Kyle Naughton

• Younes Kaboul(!)

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Corluka was a solid performer for us over 3 or so seasons, but I don't mind Walker coming into the team as he is young, British and has a vast amount of potential.

Corluka by a comfortable margin. Walker has potential to become better, but he would have to improve substantially.

I think the worst was Lee. I only mention it because I found it strange that a right-footed player was so much better as a left back.

I am as amazed by the result of this poll as I was by HR not playing Corluka.
I bet the same people who were dissing Corluka are now switching to Hudd.

I have been of the opinion all along that we should never have sold Corluka, as he is and was a quality player. Still hold that opinion today. Voted for Charlie, and it's not even close.

Youre all pinheads.

Alan Hutton all day long

d2d48e69_50cent-laugh.gif

yes, Corluka every day of the week - why he isn't still here is a fudging mystery

Because he wasn't particurarly good and became increasingly found out as opposing teams figured out how to play against him - check-mate with a pawn in other words

Corluka - in his first season with us.
Chimbomba - in his first season with us.
Walker - in his first full season with us...

say, there's a theme here....

Corluka - in his first season with us.
Chimbomba - in his first season with us.
Walker - in his first full season with us...

say, there's a theme here....

Sullivan in his first season, Robinson in his first season, Keller in his first season... from what I remember anyway. Gomes had one spectacular season as well, been almost useless since.

Back