• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Who has been our best right-back in the post-Pleat caretaker era?

Who has been our best right-back since summer 2004 (i.e. since Stephen Carr Left)?

• Stephen Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noe Pamarot

• Paul Stalteri

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Pascal Chimbonda

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Alan Hutton

• Chris Gunter

• Vedran Corluka

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Kyle Walker

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Kyle Naughton

• Younes Kaboul(!)

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted Corluka like the most of you.

Thought he was underrated when he was here, connected well with Lennon and was generally solid. Had a poor patch around the time he was out injured for a while, otherwise he looked good.

Walker has a lot of potential, but needs to improve on some key things. Has gotten punished a lot more this season and that's probably hurt his confidence leading to some worse performances, but I thought the mistakes were there last season as well.

Charlie was solid for most of his time with us, athough I agreed with the decision to let him move on. I thought Walker was quite good last season but he has been badly off form this season I still have hope he can turn things around.

I voted for Kaboul even though he is probably better at CB some of the games we have played him at RB spring to mind of the best performances I have seen from a RB in recent seasons

Because he wasn't particurarly good and became increasingly found out as opposing teams figured out how to play against him - check-mate with a pawn in other words

That's harsh, mate. The combination of his injury, Walker coming into the team in great form and Harry not ever rotating meant Charlie spent a lot of time on the bench. He was moved on after a little falling out, not because he wasn't any good. IMO of course.

Voted for Charlie, handsome bastard.

That's harsh, mate. The combination of his injury, Walker coming into the team in great form and Harry not ever rotating meant Charlie spent a lot of time on the bench. He was moved on after a little falling out, not because he wasn't any good. IMO of course.

Voted for Charlie, handsome bastard.

Charlie had some horrid games prior to finally being dropped - it wasn't purely down to his injury. The City 1:5 defeat sealed it for me.

Decent player, did a job - the overall team quality 'outgrew' him and he went off to the mighty Russian league instead. Fair innings, I say

Charlie had some horrid games prior to finally being dropped - it wasn't purely down to his injury. The City 1:5 defeat sealed it for me.

Decent player, did a job - the overall team quality 'outgrew' him and he went off to the mighty Russian league instead. Fair innings, I say

Still hating on Corluka,after all this time :-D

And the game you mention we had Modric and Kranjcar as a CM pairing,a nightmare for any defense.

Corluka played about 70 games in his first 2 PL seasons and was one of the most consistent players we had.It's no coincidence Lennon never managed to regain the form he had in 2009/10 when Corluka was feeding him through balls all day long and using Lennon's pace.
But yeah,you can keep on posting how brick he was,the poll says everything.

I never said he was brick overall - simply gave my take on why he was dropped which was due to brick form (two separate aspects alltogether)

In any case - none of this matters - we need to consult Neville's iPad for the correct answer :-"

Back