• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which should be our first-choice CB partnership?

Which should be our first choice CB pairing?

• Vertonghen/Gallas

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Vertonghen/Caulker

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Vertonghen/Kaboul

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Vertonghen/Dawson

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Gallas/Caulker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gallas/Kaboul

• Gallas/Dawson

• Kaboul/Dawson

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Kaboul/Caulker

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Kaboul/Gallas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kaboul and Vertonghen with Caulker as first back up.

Although Caulker deserves to keep his place once Benny is fit and Verts moves back to the center

Caulker/Vertonghen for me. The reasons for not picking Kaboul is his injury history (want a stable partnership) and that Kaboul and Vertonghen both seem to take too many chances and can be too attack-minded, want one of the CB's to go forward at times, not both.
Caulker (in addition to being young and English, which is a plus) is very composed and plays it safe most of the time.

Kaboul is our best CB but I wouldn't really want to see either Caulker or Vertonghen on the bench. Tough choice.

Having read some of the comments on Walker, I'm surprised no one has said Caulker and Vertonghen so Kaboul can move to right back.

Having read some of the comments on Walker, I'm surprised no one has said Caulker and Vertonghen so Kaboul can move to right back.

I was just thinking that myself, Caulker + Vertonghen is a pretty good CB partnership whilst Kaboul at RB would be more defensively sound than Walker has been of late.

Kaboul is as good a right back as Vertonghen left. He's ok... But much prefer him at CB. Would rather persist with Kyle and try and get him to learn more

Kaboul is as good a right back as Vertonghen left. He's ok... But much prefer him at CB. Would rather persist with Kyle and try and get him to learn more

he desperately needs a break imo - Naughton seems to be an ideal candidate to step in to his place, i thought we would have seen that happen by now though tbh

You're like Arcspace's hand puppet.

I bet if you had a Vertonghen vs BAE poll on here or any other Spurs forum then BAE would win fairly comfortably.

he desperately needs a break imo - Naughton seems to be an ideal candidate to step in to his place, i thought we would have seen that happen by now though tbh

i would agree with this - Walk has had a full on 1.5-2 years and is at that stage where the crest of a wave can no longer make him effective. He needs to take a step backwards to take two forwards.

Naughton also looks to have the ability to come in and be good also.

Let Naughton have a run and develop, creating healthy competition.

On that basis I would play Vert/Kaboul as first choice to avoid too many kids in the back four all the time. But even with that Caulker will 25-30 games a season, which i think is about right for 20 year old to learn but no become overly relied on (we have seen that destroy a lot of promising kids)

Back