• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Poll: Which should be our first-choice CB partnership?

Which should be our first choice CB pairing?

• Vertonghen/Gallas

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Vertonghen/Caulker

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Vertonghen/Kaboul

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Vertonghen/Dawson

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Gallas/Caulker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gallas/Kaboul

• Gallas/Dawson

• Kaboul/Dawson

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Kaboul/Caulker

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Kaboul/Gallas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have good options in the future with two of Vertonghen, Caulker and Kaboul. If we want to improve the defence we should look at new fullbacks, for both RB and LB.

We have good options in the future with two of Vertonghen, Caulker and Kaboul. If we want to improve the defence we should look at new fullbacks, for both RB and LB.

RB is still young and holds potential and so does Naughton - completely agree on LB though

To be honest it's a nice headache to have. Any out of Verts, Caulker and Kaboul could easily fill those two CB spots.

We still need a decent backup for Bae imo (Taking verts away from his best position is not the solution), and the right back issue is becoming much more of an issue.

I still think it's a shame we sold Corluka.

To be honest it's a nice headache to have. Any out of Verts, Caulker and Kaboul could easily fill those two CB spots.

We still need a decent backup for Bae imo (Taking verts away from his best position is not the solution), and the right back issue is becoming much more of an issue.

I still think it's a shame we sold Corluka.

Agree, he must have been really brick in training or something.

Very tough one, this. We now have an embarrassment of riches at CB. Voted Verthongen / Kaboul even though the partnership has yet to be proven long-term.

TBH I reckon any pairing from Kaboul/Caulker/Verthngen/Dawson would probably do just as well. Sadly Gallas is looking a little too suspect these days. Also am less sure about the option of moving Verthongen to LB ahead of BAE when he comes back from injury. When Verts first moved out there he looked brilliant, especially going forward, but in recent games he's been pretty average. So for me this option it would be dependent on BAE's form.

We should try and get Kaboul back in the team as soon as possible, really (next to Vertonghen) - as he is our best centre-back. Caulker can continue to play, but not as first choice.

which ever two are in the bes form together - players go up and down, but it's a nice option (and problem!) to have
keep them on there toes and also take them out of the limelight if/when they go through a bad patch

It would seem obvious to me that our strongest pairing is Kaboul & Vertonghen.

They have the added advantage of both being relatively young and could form the backbone of our defence for a decade.

Dawson is fine to have around the squad as a replacement, but we have better options when everyone is fully fit & available.

I can't agree. Caulker and Vertonghen may potentially be our best partnership, but Caulker is still young and Vertonghen new to the Premier League. Vertonghen also hasn't played many games for us yet at centre half. I'd prefer to see one of them paired alongside Dawson.

Back