• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Is this intersting as a US equivalent to Banks? https://medium.com/@q502/robert-mercer-money-launderer-for-vladimir-putin-8c596cd3d930

You would imagine that the CIA have done their home work and checked it all out. Some people must know whether this has legs or carries any truth. But they would have to keep it under wraps to respect US institutions and legitimacy. How would it look if Billionair spys were meeting on their boats and Russia had infiltrated to the very top of US - that Trump was in Putins pocket? No one in the US establisment wants that story to come out, even if it is only partially true. Is it all too far feteched? If you wrote it as a film script, you'd question whether people would believe it.

Elements of truth or conspiratorial fiction?

Last edited:
We don't let Tories off the hook just because they are Spurs fans. IDS, in particular, should spend quite some time in the salt mines, come the glorious coup. Tracey Crouch doesn't get a free pass.

But by threatening to resign, she seems to have driven the government to reverse its position on fixed odds betting terminals, the cap on which they were going to delay for a while, just to get a little bit more cash in from the betting industry's prey. Such is the chatter today, anyway.

For all I know, she lurks here, so well done Tracey.

Depends who's desk it lands on. Whether they are pro-Leave or Remain!
Unlikely. Nothing matters quite as much to a civil servant as doing as little as possible.

Brexit could involve having to slaughter one's own firstborn and they still wouldn't lift a pen until they've had a couple of coffees and a long business hours brick.

Luckily I'm not :D
When I was at uni I had what I believe is now known as a friend with benefits. She was a few years older and worked as a civil servant (doing what, I don't know). Every night I stayed over she would just call in and tell them she wasn't coming to work. Not sick, not holiday, just not going to turn up.

In a rare moment of concern for another's welfare I asked if she was likely to lose her job. Her reply was something along the lines of "They can't sack me so fudge it"

My first impression of civil servants was a good one.

When I was at uni I had what I believe is now known as a friend with benefits. She was a few years older and worked as a civil servant (doing what, I don't know). Every night I stayed over she would just call in and tell them she wasn't coming to work. Not sick, not holiday, just not going to turn up.

In a rare moment of concern for another's welfare I asked if she was likely to lose her job. Her reply was something along the lines of "They can't sack me so fudge it"

My first impression of civil servants was a good one.
They could. But do you know how work goes into that?! (That is both a joke....and true. But a generational thing. Yes there are still a few "yes minister" elements, but on the whole it's a young (<40) dynamic workforce)

What upsets me with the civil service - not individuals per se - is a tendancy to avoid risk at all cost, over and above, innovation, cost saving, better services. There is a culture of 'keeping your head down' set by the ministers and politicians. I'm sure its not like that everywhere, and its a horrible generalisation, but has been my experience working with 2 different government ministries.

Back