• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

They already signed up to the EU state aid and competition laws as part of the withdrawal agreement, so big business is safe in its dominance

No-one apart from you and Steptoe gives a tuppeny fudge about state aid. Businesses do care a lot about access to staff and markets, though.

No-one apart from you and Steptoe gives a tuppeny fudge about state aid. Businesses do care a lot about access to staff and markets, though.

So you think big business should be able to sue governments for not giving market access to public services?

It's obviously fun when its about West Ham's stadium. But when Richard Branson sues the NHS...

What an insightful comment....NOT! Got anymore right wing cliché statements?

It's a famous old quote, I'm not sure who by

It's pretty logical anyway - when you don't have a stake in society you are inclined to upheaval, when you have a stake you tend to want to preserve the status quo. So advancing age and becoming more right wing are always directly correlated

It's pretty logical anyway - when you don't have a stake in society you are inclined to upheaval, when you have a stake you tend to want to preserve the status quo. So advancing age and becoming more right wing are always directly correlated
Unless the subject fails at life.

Age-01.png

Some old crusty right wing nut job most likely.

Well of course.

If he was old enough and successful enough in British politics to be listened to, then (assuming he was of sound mind) he must have been a conservative.

A) It was originally a Frenchman. Clemenceau. He also said that military intelligence was to intelligence what military music is to music, and that Americans "have no capacity for abstract thought, and make bad coffee", bless him. Difficult to pin down, our Georges was.

B) It's not only a trite thought in its current formulation, though, it's impossible to apply to the current soi-disant Conservative party. That's a weird mixture of nostalgic, nationalistic romantics and dogmatic laissez-faireists, which mainly appeals to people too old to have a stake in society or a pragmatic interest in defending its wealth. @the dza's first chart exposes the lie rather well.

A) It was originally a Frenchman. Clemenceau. He also said that military intelligence was to intelligence what military music is to music, and that Americans "have no capacity for abstract thought, and make bad coffee", bless him. Difficult to pin down, our George was.

B) It's not only a trite thought in its current formulation, though, it's impossible to apply to the current soi-disant Conservative party, that weird mixture of nostalgic, nationalistic romantics and dogmatic laissez-faireists, which mainly appeals to people too old to have a stake in society or a pragmatic interest in defending its wealth. @dza's first chart exposes the lie rather well.
A) I believe it's been attributed to one of the Whigs a little earlier than that
B) The current Conservative party are not what I recognise as conservatives.

Back