• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

That sounds nice and straightforward and simple. But the baby boom makes it much more complicated than that. Keeping the total population at zero net growth would mean a drastic decline in the working age population, and would make the demographic time-bomb of health and care for the baby boom generation all the more terrifying.

Keeping the working-age population stable might just allow us to manage that time-bomb. Maybe. We'd have to give up on the idea of inheritance, of course, and means-test the brick out of the elderly. Personally, I'd rather carry on chasing net growth and *possibly* explore "guest worker" concepts, or at least have a bit more conditionality on social protection.

Automation and bringing social care back into the family should help solve that, but I can see sense in using working age population as a factor in calculations.

Generally though mass immigration is just a ponzi scheme, which is why the new arrangements need a big focus on sustainability. Current net growth is at a level where we need to build a new Greater Manchester every decade (and that's all from immigration, as birthrate alone would cause a population drop). That's in no way sustainable.

If Brexits allure is say 70% about immigration, then its worth exploring in more detail. I just had someone say to me yesterday that they don’t like immigrants having the same status as natives. This is the heart of the Brexit vote whether we like it or not.

What you outline with hoops to jump thru wouldn’t change for a spouse post Brexit, it would just apply to EU nationals too. Not that they will want to come to the uk to work as the pound weakens and jobs slow down.

Personally I don’t have a view on immigrants, other than I like some of them. They tend to work hard and bring culture and diversity. But for Brexit voters immigrants and free movement are a liberty too far. I just find it ironic. For example post vote there were macarons says Brexit would lead to less Muslims (who are generally ROW rather than EU) and that half our immigration has no relationship to the EU. People sold Brexit on immigration control could be let down.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Actually if the pound weakens versus the euro they will stay want to come. But as an aside none of them moved here for money anyway. The new Labour MPs all told us it was for cultural reasons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-sublet-home-35-people-jailed-16-weeks.html

Romanian landlords illegally sublet 3 bed home to 35 fellow romanian men......yes 35 in 3 bed house, you do the maths

This is and has been going on all over the country, not just the big cities

It's sick tbh

Links to daily mail website are banned mate, even if it is the only paper reporting an issue does not matter. Now go outside and smack yourself on the head while saying out loud what a dirty Nazi you are.

Bye bye BofA, BMW, Airbus and whoever else wants out.......take your jobs, money, investments. Good riddance.

Brexit is a chance to shake things up in Britain. Exciting times.

Bye bye BofA, BMW, Airbus and whoever else wants out.......take your jobs, money, investments. Good riddance.

Brexit is a chance to shake things up in Britain. Exciting times.

Shows very little respect for their staff or the population that voted out. But I have always said short term pain for long term gain.

Government should be positioning itself for renewable energy. Tidal and wave turbine tech, that is the future.

Shows very little respect for their staff or the population that voted out. But I have always said short term pain for long term gain.

Government should be positioning itself for renewable energy. Tidal and wave turbine tech, that is the future.

Question is, to @DeleHarry really, what do we get back in return? What should I be excited about?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Reactions: DTA

Funny enough saw that earlier, which is another reason I think this government is a shower of brick.

We need Corbyn. Why we do not have a bit more get up and go I do not know.

We are absolutely right to leave the EU but the government should be positioning itself for post brexit. Should have already signed trade deals with commonwealth countries and to hell with it being against EU law. We are not starting wars just doing business.

Funny enough saw that earlier, which is another reason I think this government is a shower of brick.

We need Corbyn. Why we do not have a bit more get up and go I do not know.

We are absolutely right to leave the EU but the government should be positioning itself for post brexit. Should have already signed trade deals with commonwealth countries and to hell with it being against EU law. We are not starting wars just doing business.

So why vote for them to deliver Brexit?
Serious question.

Back