• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Completely true.

The problem is that the powerful voices in the govt and leavers in general have been backing the indefensible for so long and so resolutely they can’t back down now.

There is no logic in going ahead with it but sadly almost no chance that common sense will prevail.

At least May can teach trump how to build a wall, we’re throwing one up of such magnitude it will bury us without laying a single brick.

ITYS post. Seems like a lot of the things predicted by reminders, that we were told were project fear and not so, are happening. And Brexit hasn’t even been detailed yet.

Meanwhile no one has a credible outline of how the uk will move forward as benefit from Brexit. There’s no blue print, seems like he same setup but with less investment, jobs and migrant workers? So no revolution just a downgrading of our nation?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Reactions: DTA
Shows very little respect for their staff or the population that voted out. But I have always said short term pain for long term gain.

Government should be positioning itself for renewable energy. Tidal and wave turbine tech, that is the future.
Solar and wind I would say, especially solar, is the future. Tidal numbers don't stack up. Wind will be commercial mostly (micorturbine tech is not efficient enough). Domestic solar is getting way cheaper and more efficient, mostly because of the Chinese.

Anyone vote green?

Last edited:
ITYS post. Seems like a lot of the things predicted by reminders, that we were told were project fear and not so, are happening. And Brexit hasn’t even been detailed yet.

Meanwhile no one has a credible outline of how the uk will move forward as benefit from Brexit. There’s no blue print, seems like he same setup but with less investment, jobs and migrant workers? So no revolution just a downgrading of our nation?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Project fear was project fact, that’s why so many of us were so laid back about the whole thing, it was a no brainer.

Reactions: DTA

Nothing has really happened yet. The country is still on the same economic trajectory it has been since 2008. All the scare stories (from both sides) are just ongoing attempts to lobby.

I agree with your point about there being no vision. Both parties are so wrapped up in placating their own leavers and dull technical stuff with the EU. I think once we've finally crawled free, the scene should be set for an untarnished charismatic Trudeau figure to appear with some Attlee 1945 scale plans

I don't really get the downgrading thing. I actually think it will be good to retreat a bit from pretensions of global leadership. Step off the treadmill. Try and focus on things like sustainability and cohesion. Become more Scandinavian, Kiwi or Japanese; rather than struggling to keep up as America's bitch

I don't really get the downgrading thing. I actually think it will be good to retreat a bit from pretensions of global leadership. Step off the treadmill. Try and focus on things like sustainability and cohesion. Become more Scandinavian, Kiwi or Japanese; rather than struggling to keep up as America's bitch

Do you see the correlation between this and the lives of real people, do you have any friends or relatives who work in car manufacturing, or banking come to that, anybody you care about receiving chemotherapy or similar?

Do you ever see beyond the theory?

Personally, I’m terrified of what’s coming, I have 6 mouths to feed and relatives relying on radioactive material for life saving treatment, and that’s just the headlines, I have the same worries and concerns of every other parent.

This aircraft is in the air, if it needs fixing it has to be done one engine at a time, we can’t just crash it and start again.

Last edited:

Right or wrong, these countries are in the EU or single market, so we don't necessarily have to make the nation financially worse off to have that style of governance. What is certain is that we won't get that with a Tory government, in or out of the EU. And, imo, the more aligned we are with the EU, the less likely we are to be America's bitch. The right-wing qunts that run this country now would like nothing more than to sell us out to American corporations, from healthcare to the food we eat. And they will no doubt make a few quid out of it.

Do you see the correlation between this and the lives of real people, do you have any friends or relatives who work in car manufacturing, or banking come to that, anybody you care about receiving chemotherapy or similar?

Do you ever see beyond the theory?

Personally, I’m terrified of what’s coming, I have 6 mouths to feed and relatives relying on radioactive material for life saving treatment, and that’s just the headlines, I have the same worries and concerns of every other parent.

We need leadership and an industrial strategy to replace the flightiness of transient multinationals. It should be an opportunity to stop being hostage to their demands and establish secure jobs with dignified conditions. Imagine if the government took over the car plants and relaunched Rover. That's the kind of thinking that is needed.

We need leadership and an industrial strategy to replace the flightiness of transient multinationals. It should be an opportunity to stop being hostage to their demands and establish secure jobs with dignified conditions. Imagine if the government took over the car plants and relaunched Rover. That's the kind of thinking that is needed.

Lols, you want to actually tackle any of the ground level realities?

I get it GB, you are a kid, I used to hide behind flimflam too, just be aware that one day, what you now consider a meaningless data point is going to be you, or someone you care about.

So obvious from the get go. If a bunch of footie fans could outline the negotiating delusions and the likely economic impact at the time of the vote (in this thread), then why are the people who run our country banging their heads against a wall, trying to do the 'wrong thing righter’ now!? If it wasn't going to have an impact on everyone's lives in the UK, this incompetence would be quite funny.

Now is the time for strong leadership from MPs more than any other. Someone needs to stand up and say, I will not oversee making you poorer. I won't sacrifice nurses, hospital budgets, school investment for a mis-sold hope of utopia that does not exist. What I will do my utmost to deliver is the values and themes of Brexit, while staying within the customs union and EU. Then outline how we'll invest in Brits, put in some controls on EU immigration (beit token or real) and outline how we'll control RoW immigration that has zilch to do with the EU.

Why is this so hard? Brexit is a monumental waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Lols, you want to actually tackle any of the ground level realities?

I get it GB, you are a kid, I used to hide behind flimflam too, just be aware that one day, what you now consider a meaningless data point is going to be you, or someone you care about.

You are right. I was born after 1977, so have only ever lived under right wing governments. But there's only so much neo-liberal propaganda you can take, that you do want to try and find something better. I might not remember the 3-day week, but there's got to be something more humanising out there. The world wasn't markedly worse before Reaganomics, and it won't be markedly worse after it.

do you really believe 85% of the population voted to leave the single market?

85% voted for parties with commitments to delivering Brexit in their manifesto. Obviously there were a few blue/red rosettes on pigs voters. But single market is BINO, so is not delivering Brexit. The way to have expressed a desire for the single market would have been to vote Lib Dem or SNP, but neither did well.

85% voted for parties with commitments to delivering Brexit in their manifesto. Obviously there were a few blue/red rosettes on pigs voters. But single market is BINO, so is not delivering Brexit. The way to have expressed a desire for the single market would have been to vote Lib Dem or SNP, but neither did well.

Or vote for the Brexit envisaged and described by Hannan, Patterson et al, the one where we keep single market access.

Back