• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Re: European Elections, UKIP Tops British Polls

Good post…in response to your earlier comment about Labour being handed the election in '97, yes, but Stephanopolous "re-designed" them IMV to create that 'Nu Labour' thing…

Yes it had a short term benefit,however in the long term was a political Frankenstein's monster.

Yes it had a short term benefit,however in the long term was a political Frankenstein's monster.

Oh it was horrific IMO. All it did was make sure that a 3 party system became a 1.5 party system. People can say what they want about 'the changing appetite of the public' but the truth is that as big money has marched through the globe, more and more people feel more and more disenfranchised, and as such, less people end up voting/looking for candidates that will do something. Instead they either don't bother or go for the 'ones who are closest'…and then there's the poor folk who are impoverished, angry and ignorant; they will suck up any of the bilge Farage spews until the moment that even they can see it's actually turd water, at which point they all retreat quickly to their Big Brothers and shut out the world.

Oh it was horrific IMO. All it did was make sure that a 3 party system became a 1.5 party system. People can say what they want about 'the changing appetite of the public' but the truth is that as big money has marched through the globe, more and more people feel more and more disenfranchised, and as such, less people end up voting/looking for candidates that will do something. Instead they either don't bother or go for the 'ones who are closest'…and then there's the poor folk who are impoverished, angry and ignorant; they will suck up any of the bilge Farage spews until the moment that even they can see it's actually turd water, at which point they all retreat quickly to their Big Brothers and shut out the world.

Yes,the same people who moan about modern football,then vote for the people that made it that way. Inequality spoils everything. It alienates.

i don't vote.

but, being a working class guy who works in the construction industry the biggest impact on my quality of life is the knock on effect of cheap unskilled foreign labor reducing my wage. i imagine a lot of you guys probably work in industries where you get a small wage increase every year? try working a job that where the average wage has gone down over the last 10 years (im currently earning 20-30% LESS than i was when i completed my apprenticeship) there are many people who are in the same situation and i don't think it's right to demonize people for voting for the only party who seem to have a serious stance on immigration as it's a serious issue which effects the day to day life of many people in this country.

i have no problem with immigration being used to fill a short fall in industries where there aren't enough skilled people to do the job - that makes perfect sense. But the way it currently seems to work is that people with no legitimate skill can come here and get a job purely because they can afford to work at a much lower rate than a British national. that's just not on and i would hazard a guess that a lot of you would be singing a different tune if it was your industry that was getting flooded with cheap labor and it was your quality of life being reduced as a result.

I sympathize greatly with your plight Billy. Welcome to a world where people don't care about quality, or paying a fair price for fair and decent work. It is the ultimate realization of 'capitalism' when taken to an extreme. People compete/undercut each other to get 'the job' and then the job isn't done as well as it could be. This happened to most social services that went to private contract too. But for me, the key is that people HAVE to be prepared to SUPPORT their domestic economy by paying a fair price for fair labour/products. This would give employers and manufacturers no excuse not to hire skilled local labour over unskilled cheap labour. Of course, the problem you run into there is 'the profit margin' and the fact that too many people are on the take at both ends (charging a lot for their products) and still using the cheap route to get the made or manufactured as it fattens their profit margin. Whether one believes that is down to 'inevitable human behaviour' or the direction one person tok this country in will forever be a massive point of debate (especially as the US underwent a similar thing, albeit with less of a 'shift' in it's collective social conscience)...

For what it's worth, my world has been taking a massive hit from 'cheap unskilled chancers' thanks to the internet.

Good luck mate.

Yes,the same people who moan about modern football,then vote for the people that made it that way. Inequality spoils everything. It alienates.

One day, we'll share a pint. I like the cut of your jib mate. =D>

modern football is the inevitable result of professionalism, the seeds were sown decades ago

you turn something into a mans livelihood and all morals, ethics and sportsmanship will go out of the window

i don't vote.

but, being a working class guy who works in the construction industry the biggest impact on my quality of life is the knock on effect of cheap unskilled foreign labor reducing my wage. i imagine a lot of you guys probably work in industries where you get a small wage increase every year? try working a job that where the average wage has gone down over the last 10 years (im currently earning 20-30% LESS than i was when i completed my apprenticeship) there are many people who are in the same situation and i don't think it's right to demonize people for voting for the only party who seem to have a serious stance on immigration as it's a serious issue which effects the day to day life of many people in this country.

i have no problem with immigration being used to fill a short fall in industries where there aren't enough skilled people to do the job - that makes perfect sense. But the way it currently seems to work is that people with no legitimate skill can come here and get a job purely because they can afford to work at a much lower rate than a British national. that's just not on and i would hazard a guess that a lot of you would be singing a different tune if it was your industry that was getting flooded with cheap labor and it was your quality of life being reduced as a result.

You wont get any sympathy from Scara and his ilk. He and others of the neo=con, Tea Party ilk, believe this too be a good thing, as it's part of the 'free labour market.' Low wages make the bosses more profitable and this drives further investment. You and I can be kept happy with crumbs from the table, or as they put it, "the trickle down effect." This is all part of the brave new world of the extreme right. Capitalism has always sought ways to drive down wages and cheap foreign labour has always been an oldie, but a goodie, in that regard. This is also what happens when you dis-empower the trade union movement. And guess what? It's only going to get worse.

You wont get any sympathy from Scara and his ilk. He and others of the neo=con, Tea Party ilk, believe this too be a good thing, as it's part of the 'free labour market.' Low wages make the bosses more profitable and this drives further investment. You and I can be kept happy with crumbs from the table, or as they put it, "the trickle down effect." This is all part of the brave new world of the extreme right. Capitalism has always sought ways to drive down wages and cheap foreign labour has always been an oldie, but a goodie, in that regard. This is also what happens when you dis-empower the trade union movement. And guess what? It's only going to get worse.

Actually lets not be economical with the truth, your lot opened the floodgates and caused this mess for their own selfish gain. One of the Labour MP's at the time is on record as saying they opened the gates and want to create a multicultural society to **** off the right. This government though have done nothing to change or improve things so they're just as bad.

Is it really racist to say that whole ghettos have been created in towns that now no longer resemble Britain? Ask David Blunkett if he now regrets the policy, ask him about the problems in Sheffield in his constituency and many like it. Ask anyone who's seen the face of their neighbourhood change over the last 10 years without them being asked or given a voice or as Billyido states their earnings drop by 30% due to uncontrolled competition. Is it any wonder UKIP have the ear of the man on the street. People aren't just sick of immigration, they're sick of being lied to by politicians, they're sick of not being listened to, they're sick of not having a choice. Farage has at least listened to the man on the street, weren't people cheering when Russell Brand was waving his cokc saying similar things (albeit without the immigration bit) but then he's a lefty and a hero right?

The country can't survive without immigration thats a fact, but it should be controlled and administered like it is in the US or Australia. Bring in the key skills that we need, but not at the detriment to people like billyiddo. The saddest part of all of this is that those that are genuinely in need of our help who are repressed or at risk in their own country will now find it harder to seek asylum here thats the biggest shame of all of this mess.

And before you throw insults about me being racist, my grandparents came to this country post war as immigrants and worked hard to get by, my parents took that a step further and worked even harder to build a decent life. I've had values that were instilled in me that made me vote Labour and believe in helping my fellow man. Now that i'm Educated and understand how economics work, i realise Labour will put this country back in the dark ages given the chance, that and Blair/Brown being cunnts who tried their best to ruin this country for their own gain.

Actually lets not be economical with the truth, your lot opened the floodgates and caused this mess for their own selfish gain. One of the Labour MP's at the time is on record as saying they opened the gates and want to create a multicultural society to **** off the right. This government though have done nothing to change or improve things so they're just as bad.

Is it really racist to say that whole ghettos have been created in towns that now no longer resemble Britain? Ask David Blunkett if he now regrets the policy, ask him about the problems in Sheffield in his constituency and many like it. Ask anyone who's seen the face of their neighbourhood change over the last 10 years without them being asked or given a voice or as Billyido states their earnings drop by 30% due to uncontrolled competition. Is it any wonder UKIP have the ear of the man on the street. People aren't just sick of immigration, they're sick of being lied to by politicians, they're sick of not being listened to, they're sick of not having a choice. Farage has at least listened to the man on the street, weren't people cheering when Russell Brand was waving his cokc saying similar things (albeit without the immigration bit) but then he's a lefty and a hero right?

The country can't survive without immigration thats a fact, but it should be controlled and administered like it is in the US or Australia. Bring in the key skills that we need, but not at the detriment to people like billyiddo. The saddest part of all of this is that those that are genuinely in need of our help who are repressed or at risk in their own country will now find it harder to seek asylum here thats the biggest shame of all of this mess.

And before you throw insults about me being racist, my grandparents came to this country post war as immigrants and worked hard to get by, my parents took that a step further and worked even harder to build a decent life. I've had values that were instilled in me that made me vote Labour and believe in helping my fellow man. Now that i'm Educated and understand how economics work, i realise Labour will put this country back in the dark ages given the chance, that and Blair/Brown being cunnts who tried their best to ruin this country for their own gain.

1) Source please. As for 'opening the floodgates', that's an absurd comment. When? What 'floodgates'? This could become a long conversation.

2) Again, this is the result of a 'free-market' society. Sadly, most people seem to gravitate towards getting as much as they can for as little as they can pay with no thought of the consequences. These are the consequences. It's f****d I think we'd all agree, but what needs to be determined is why it's happening. And Nigel Farage bleating on about immigration is not the main reason. By the way mate, Russell Brand is no hero of mine (and I genuinely didn't know if you were saying he was waving his c ock or his COKE around - TBF could've been either!)…

3) Bliar is no friend of mine either. I saw him coming. But you know what makes me laugh? People have the POWER to make a DIFFERENCE everyday (this is a general point mate, not aimed at you…) Need some contracting work done? Hire a skilled local rather than getting the cheapest geezer with a trowel and bucket you can find. Buy food from LOCAL producers and LOCAL farmers. Buy LOCALLY made goods wherever possible. It is the only way to really make a difference IMO…

…I guarantee, anyone who believe that someone like Farage actually has a manifesto which is practical is living in dreamland. Not a chance. If that bloke ever got his hands on this country, we'd be in big trouble.

Interesting discussion BTW, i think it's great when everyone gets involved and exchanges opinions and views.

modern football is the inevitable result of professionalism, the seeds were sown decades ago

you turn something into a mans livelihood and all morals, ethics and sportsmanship will go out of the window

I have fought this reality for decades re: football…occasionally my head comes out from the clouds and I don't like it, so I put it back there...:(

1) Source please. As for 'opening the floodgates', that's an absurd comment. When? What 'floodgates'? This could become a long conversation.

2) Again, this is the result of a 'free-market' society. Sadly, most people seem to gravitate towards getting as much as they can for as little as they can pay with no thought of the consequences. These are the consequences. It's f****d I think we'd all agree, but what needs to be determined is why it's happening. And Nigel Farage bleating on about immigration is not the main reason. By the way mate, Russell Brand is no hero of mine (and I genuinely didn't know if you were saying he was waving his c ock or his COKE around - TBF could've been either!)…

3) Bliar is no friend of mine either. I saw him coming. But you know what makes me laugh? People have the POWER to make a DIFFERENCE everyday (this is a general point mate, not aimed at you…) Need some contracting work done? Hire a skilled local rather than getting the cheapest geezer with a trowel and bucket you can find. Buy food from LOCAL producers and LOCAL farmers. Buy LOCALLY made goods wherever possible. It is the only way to really make a difference IMO…

…I guarantee, anyone who believe that someone like Farage actually has a manifesto which is practical is living in dreamland. Not a chance. If that bloke ever got his hands on this country, we'd be in big trouble.

Interesting discussion BTW, i think it's great when everyone gets involved and exchanges opinions and views.

Free market Capitalism failed. We bailed the system out to a total of 1.4 trillion. This is not supposed to happen. It is meant to be a dog eat dog system. However it became too big to fail. It went against its own principles and logic. It is the same with almost all the industries we have privatised. If the water companies went bust we would have to bail them out,as a government can hardly lets its people go thirsty. Or the trains,we would have to bail out as well. So these private companies get all the benefits,but the state still gets the toxic liability.

Free market capitalism failed by its own principles get over it neo liberals, Communism also failed by its own principles in the USSR. However that was primarily down to terrible and barbaric leadership rather than the systems own inherent contradictions.

They will tell you that greed is in our DNA,it is our nature. However this human nature that is supposed to be universal and eternal seems to have come into existence in the 1980's. Were the Peasants who strode off to fight in the latest war selfish,or were they constantly doing things that they felt were for the greater good ? Human nature is a construction. To use it as a trump card for saying that can and should be no other system is a misnomer.

This so very much reminds me of those letters to the editor that go... I have been a life time Labour voter, but never again. You just know it's been written by a life long Tory. What a rant! Who give a fark about Russell Brand and why the pre-emptive line about being accused of racism. Is that Freudian or what? I don't know.

Sorry Stef, not had chance to reply to your post, i'm working away this week.

regarding 1) Have a look at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

As for the quote opened the floodgates, i was using a generalised quote there you''re right. I should make it clear though i couldn't give 2 ****s about how many people come into this country, what colour they are or where they are from as long as they want to work hard, be decent, respectful, honest and abide by our laws. I mentioned that my own heritage isn't English, i have Polish, Italian, Scottish and Irish grandparents. I part grew up in a mixed Polish/Asian community, my friends were Pakistani, Indian, Polish, Italian, Jamaican, one of my first girlfriends was of Pakistani origin, i still have very close friends from all backgrounds.

I wouldn't vote UKIP, but i can though see beyond the closet racist and swivel eyed loon taunts people throw at them, there's more to it than that and its ignorant to think there isn't. People are fed up and angry with the political class in this country, it was so much more simpler 20 years ago, Blair greyed the lines moving Labour to the centre and the Tories at the time couldn't do anything but follow they being rudderless, now people don't have a choice to force change. Oh for the days of Thatcher and Kinnock eh.....

Free market Capitalism failed. We bailed the system out to a total of 1.4 trillion. This is not supposed to happen. It is meant to be a dog eat dog system. However it became too big to fail. It went against its own principles and logic. It is the same with almost all the industries we have privatised. If the water companies went bust we would have to bail them out,as a government can hardly lets its people go thirsty. Or the trains,we would have to bail out as well. So these private companies get all the benefits,but the state still gets the toxic liability.

Free market capitalism failed by its own principles get over it neo liberals, Communism also failed by its own principles in the USSR. However that was primarily down to terrible and barbaric leadership rather than the systems own inherent contradictions.

They will tell you that greed is in our DNA,it is our nature. However this human nature that is supposed to be universal and eternal seems to have come into existence in the 1980's. Were the Peasants who strode off to fight in the latest war selfish,or were they constantly doing things that they felt were for the greater good ? Human nature is a construction. To use it as a trump card for saying that can and should be no other system is a misnomer.

I believe we speak from the same corner. Not necessarily a popular corner around here, but there we go...

This so very much reminds me of those letters to the editor that go... I have been a life time Labour voter, but never again. You just know it's been written by a life long Tory. What a rant! Who give a fark about Russell Brand and why the pre-emptive line about being accused of racism. Is that Freudian or what? I don't know.

Haha there you go again throwing stones comrade, Putin will be proud ...... mate i was an active socialist in the 80's, was involved in Red Wedge, all the bands i grew up loving in the 80's and still do were staunch socialists, The Smiths, Housemartins, Style Council, The Specials, The Clash etc....... Ive been in bands myself that had a leaning to the left...... then i grew up, got educated and actually began to understand the truth and lies about New Labour..........

Your posts remind me of the typical teacher at school who thought he was the man, hard as nails with his mouth, picked on all the kids, venting his anger and life hatred on them (as you seem to do against Tory voters, which btw i'm not sorry about that), but it was really about his own inadequacies though right ? I bet you love Snow Patrol, rock out to Keane and Coldplay, maybe a bit of Michael Buble if your feeling like partying, probably had a tache in the 80/90's cos it was macho...... I'm guessing militant weekly is your rag of choice...... every time you see a Tory it hurts doesn't it, it makes you angry, every time you see someone successful, with more money than you, you get jealous, go on admit it, life isn't fair is it, you hate, hate, hate ...... Me i'm a happy chap, love life, love my friends, family, love people who work hard and are successful/done well for themselves.

I believe in the land of opportunity, not the land of opportunity knocks.......

Over to you comrade, keep throwing them i'll keep batting them back \o/

Sorry Stef, not had chance to reply to your post, i'm working away this week.

regarding 1) Have a look at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

As for the quote opened the floodgates, i was using a generalised quote there you''re right. I should make it clear though i couldn't give 2 ****s about how many people come into this country, what colour they are or where they are from as long as they want to work hard, be decent, respectful, honest and abide by our laws. I mentioned that my own heritage isn't English, i have Polish, Italian, Scottish and Irish grandparents. I part grew up in a mixed Polish/Asian community, my friends were Pakistani, Indian, Polish, Italian, Jamaican, one of my first girlfriends was of Pakistani origin, i still have very close friends from all backgrounds.

I wouldn't vote UKIP, but i can though see beyond the closet racist and swivel eyed loon taunts people throw at them, there's more to it than that and its ignorant to think there isn't. People are fed up and angry with the political class in this country, it was so much more simpler 20 years ago, Blair greyed the lines moving Labour to the centre and the Tories at the time couldn't do anything but follow they being rudderless, now people don't have a choice to force change. Oh for the days of Thatcher and Kinnock eh.....

Interesting read there mate…I 'think' we agree on a fair few things there, chiefly the Bliar years. Labour sold a portion of it's soul at that time, and as such, the working class lost (IMO) a voice which spoke for them. And the result? Exactly what your last line says! Yes mate, I think the net result has been to see the political system bleached of real choice in favor of business-driven policy.

^^

lol I must admit I was expecting you to mention his contempt every time he saw a copy of horse and hound magazine.

Haha there you go again throwing stones comrade, Putin will be proud ...... mate i was an active socialist in the 80's, was involved in Red Wedge, all the bands i grew up loving in the 80's and still do were staunch socialists, The Smiths, Housemartins, Style Council, The Specials, The Clash etc....... Ive been in bands myself that had a leaning to the left...... then i grew up, got educated and actually began to understand the truth and lies about New Labour..........

Your posts remind me of the typical teacher at school who thought he was the man, hard as nails with his mouth, picked on all the kids, venting his anger and life hatred on them (as you seem to do against Tory voters, which btw i'm not sorry about that), but it was really about his own inadequacies though right ? I bet you love Snow Patrol, rock out to Keane and Coldplay, maybe a bit of Michael Buble if your feeling like partying, probably had a tache in the 80/90's cos it was macho...... I'm guessing militant weekly is your rag of choice...... every time you see a Tory it hurts doesn't it, it makes you angry, every time you see someone successful, with more money than you, you get jealous, go on admit it, life isn't fair is it, you hate, hate, hate ...... Me i'm a happy chap, love life, love my friends, family, love people who work hard and are successful/done well for themselves.

I believe in the land of opportunity, not the land of opportunity knocks.......

Over to you comrade, keep throwing them i'll keep batting them back \o/

Wow another rant. So your impeccable former socialist credentials are based on your listening to The Smiths and Style Council....are you kidding me? That's one of the funniest comments I've ever read on here. :ross:

BTW, where are the stones? You are a right winger aren't you? You should be proud and not see it as an insult. I'm proud of my consistent political leanings.

Wow another rant. So your impeccable former socialist credentials are based on your listening to The Smiths and Style Council....are you kidding me? That's one of the funniest comments I've ever read on here. :ross:

BTW, where are the stones? You are a right winger aren't you? You should be proud and not see it as an insult. I'm proud of my consistent political leanings.

What i should have added and thought you being a teacher and supposedly intelligent might have worked out was that the bands i grew up with were very much Socialists/of the left and had a real impact on my views when i was younger....... Serious question though why do all bands have to be left wing, its like a written rule, yet they all send their kids to private schools and move out to the country in their mansions, hanging out in the Goucho, making cheese. Glad you found it funny though, i love making people laugh.

I'm not a Tory, i'm not a right winger, i just think the left are hypocrites and liars and usually their hate, anger, jealousy of people with money is more about their own inadequacies in life. Me, i don't let myself be told i have do anything, especially be labelled left or right. I have my own views on how people should be, which i instill in my children, show respect, be considerate, love don't hate, never lie, work hard and you'll get everything in life, don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something in life and if your unhappy its your own fault no one else's - do something about it!!!!

Oh and i believe whatever class you are you have as much opportunity as anyone else to make it in this world, anyone in this country is so ****ing lucky compared to about 90% of the people on this planet. I abhor laziness and those that moan that life isn't fair. So what if the upper class help each other in life, if it annoys you do something about it, work hard, get educated...... education is free, being educated/intelligent will open up more opportunities than just who you know or who your family is...... in the end people get found out in life, they always do.

Peace, Love and rock and roll

Back