• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

He is, but he's right about Khan. Khan certainly doesn't speak like someone who should be in charge of anything.

And the stats against Khan are starting to stack up.

Another murder in Forest Gate last night and still no stop and search for the reasons Mozza mentioned.

And the stats against Khan are starting to stack up.

Another murder in Forest Gate last night and still no stop and search for the reasons Mozza mentioned.

Does stop and search work? I don't know (I genuinely don't know).

More cops might help, especially more visibly on the beat. I seem to remember the then Home Secretary saying that the Old Bill were "crying wolf" when they said that reducing the police numbers would mean the streets get more dangerous. Now she's PM, she's got bodyguards and an armoured car, so I suppose it doesn't matter. Matters a bit more if you live in a rough area though.

And I think it's fair to say that Khan should buck his ideas up.

Does stop and search work? I don't know (I genuinely don't know).

More cops might help, especially more visibly on the beat. I seem to remember the then Home Secretary saying that the Old Bill were "crying wolf" when they said that reducing the police numbers would mean the streets get more dangerous. Now she's PM, she's got bodyguards and an armoured car, so I suppose it doesn't matter. Matters a bit more if you live in a rough area though.

And I think it's fair to say that Khan should buck his ideas up.

My mate at the Met said Stop and Search worked pretty much in the same way having more police on the beat does, if people think there is a chance they will get caught they are less likely to offend. The Transport Network now is rife with transporting weapons and drugs because there is nothing stopping it.

The issue and what killed it was 1. The Paperwork, 2 The negative reaction policeman received in public and media, 3. The Abuse level that came with the job, imagine the levels you get from gangs of youths when you enforce 4. Lack of political and public support for it. When you add them all up it was doomed to fail, Police not backed up on the scheme were hiding from enforcing it.

My mate at the Met said Stop and Search worked pretty much in the same way having more police on the beat does, if people think there is a chance they will get caught they are less likely to offend. The Transport Network now is rife with transporting weapons and drugs because there is nothing stopping it.

The issue and what killed it was 1. The Paperwork, 2 The negative reaction policeman received in public and media, 3. The Abuse level that came with the job, imagine the levels you get from gangs of youths when you enforce 4. Lack of political and public support for it. When you add them all up it was doomed to fail, Police not backed up on the scheme were hiding from enforcing it.

It is a tough one for the police to get right. On the one hand, they can catch people with knives and get them off the street. On the other hand, black lads who have never broken the law can get p1ssed off with the perceived harassment if they have been stopped and searched multiple times and they haven't done anything wrong. It'd wind me up if I was on the receiving end I think. But then as a parent, I'd be relieved if bad kids were getting knives taken off of them.

I think the government should start with getting more cops on the street, visible, especially in higher crime areas, and see if that makes a difference. After that, maybe they can tinker with stop and search if need be.

I've been away with England and been searched more because the percieved agro England fans caused and I accept it because the end cause is right.

Black on Black knife crime is by far and away the largest number on the knife crime stats so even if your innocent surely being searched is for your own safety as much as it is to accuse? Would you not feel safer knowing something is being done becayse there are plenty of innocent blacks stabbed and killed. Also if you have nothing to hide what's the issue? If I go out to clubs I get patted down, I don't spit my dummy out about it.

Knife crime state are alarming now, time people grew up and accepted what's needed

I've been away with England and been searched more because the percieved agro England fans caused and I accept it because the end cause is right.

Black on Black knife crime is by far and away the largest number on the knife crime stats so even if your innocent surely being searched is for your own safety as much as it is to accuse? Would you not feel safer knowing something is being done becayse there are plenty of innocent blacks stabbed and killed. Also if you have nothing to hide what's the issue? If I go out to clubs I get patted down, I don't spit my dummy out about it.

Knife crime state are alarming now, time people grew up and accepted what's needed

I have never been stopped and searched by police whilst walking down the street, going about my life. I don't think I'd react brilliantly to it if it happened multiple times, but that's just me. I get wound up at the border when I come through with my Mrs, who is from a non-EU country, the tone they take with us etc. It is very aggravating to be made to feel like a criminal when you have done nothing wrong. I think you have to try and see all sides of it -- I'm not dismissing stop and search out of hand, but I can see the issues with it. Which is why I think the first step is to get more officers visible on the streets, especially in rougher areas.

Because you don't fit the demographic or in the area of high crime rates. They don't just knobble randoms, we are talking bunch of youths at Stratford at 11pm not the bloke from the Halifax adverts being searched

IMG_20180417_211623.jpg

Because you don't fit the demographic or in the area of high crime rates. They don't just knobble randoms, we are talking bunch of youths at Stratford at 11pm not the bloke from the Halifax adverts being searched

That's not my point. My point is, if you are young and black and haven't done anything wrong, you are entitled to get a bit tinkled off with being stopped by the police multiple times for just existing. That's my opinion, because it would do my head in if I was on the receiving end.

IMO, get the police numbers back up to scratch first, then if that makes no difference, they can think about the application of stop and search.

And now, qunts like Amber Rudd and Theresa May will be all over "fixing" this problem, yet they didn't really care about it until the victims of this immigration process started going to the media, with the public getting disgusted at their treatment. It's not like they have had any power to fix this or anything...

Under Theresa May's watch, The Home Office has become an absolute nightmare for people to deal with. Fuelled by media like The Sun and the qunts who read it. And now those same media outlets will act outraged on behalf of The Windrush immigrants, when it's their sh1t coverage of all things immigration combined with weak politicians that leads to people being treated this way.

I detest this government.
Lammy gave it both barrels yesterday, and rightly effing so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...ambasts-government-over-windrush-deportations

That's not my point. My point is, if you are young and black and haven't done anything wrong, you are entitled to get a bit tinkled off with being stopped by the police multiple times for just existing. That's my opinion, because it would do my head in if I was on the receiving end.

IMO, get the police numbers back up to scratch first, then if that makes no difference, they can think about the application of stop and search.
I'd imagine that's the case. I get infuriated with traffic stops all the time and that's not even anything to do with race.

Back