• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Well when the leaders of the EU come out and say they want to punish the UK for taking a political decision.

The deal that the UK get is a direct result of the decisions that we make. The EU have been quite open about what is on offer depending on what conditions we want in place. There is no form of Brexit that leaves us better off.

5a394c31160000783ecf2154.jpeg

The deal that the UK get is a direct result of the decisions that we make. The EU have been quite open about what is on offer depending on what conditions we want in place.

5a394c31160000783ecf2154.jpeg

Sadly I am not part of the leave negotiations and despite repeated emails to the government they seem unwilling to accept my offers of help.

I would suggest we have a free trade agreement with them along a similar line as Canada and that is that. But the EU will do what they do best and as all gangsters do they will change things put clauses in treaties all for one purpose the only reason they ever wanted us in the club, Money.

As for what seemed for so many to be the reason to want to leave the EU and what seems to get so many of the remainers knickers in a twist. Immigration, personally I would not really change a thing, but thats just me. I want us to be able to set our own laws but apart from hating how much traffic is on the roads immigration does not really bother me.

Found it very interesting reading last week one of the top Australians in government say we would be ok doing trade deals it is just that we have not done them in a long time and for some reason he found our national press to be very unambitious and lacking courage. I will find the article when I get home and can do better google searches then on my phone.

I don't think it's about punishment. Just about getting the best deal for the EU27. As they hold the vast majority of the cards then they have more power to set the terms.

Nope, they do not want anyone else leaving. I have heard several of them say this on news programmes, GHod even the BBC reported them saying it haha. I can kind of understand it because if you have a club that relies on memberships you can not have people leaving and less members because then the club will fold. It is the dishonesty of people that try to deny this(politicians not you) that is so offensive.

Confidence in the elections watchdog is evaporating as it emerged that almost half of its board have made public statements criticising the pro-Brexit campaign or backing calls for the result to be overturned, despite strict impartiality rules.

An investigation by The Sunday Telegraph found that four of the Electoral Commission’s 10 commissioners, including the chairman, had made pronouncements on Brexit since the referendum – all of them backing Remain.

The body’s code of conduct states that commissioners must “act at all times” to “uphold its impartiality”.

I would suggest we have a free trade agreement with them along a similar line as Canada and that is that. But the EU will do what they do best and as all gangsters do they will change things put clauses in treaties all for one purpose the only reason they ever wanted us in the club, Money.

EU Canada agreement hardly includes services. Services make up almost 80% of our economy!

Last edited:
Nope, they do not want anyone else leaving. I have heard several of them say this on news programmes, GHod even the BBC reported them saying it haha. I can kind of understand it because if you have a club that relies on memberships you can not have people leaving and less members because then the club will fold. It is the dishonesty of people that try to deny this(politicians not you) that is so offensive.

I think Mr Juncker agrees with you...

EU Canada agreement hardly includes services. Services make up almost 80% of our economy!

There are no tariffs on services.

Any company wanting to export services just needs to make sure it abides by the laws and regulations of the importing country (or superstate).

There are no tariffs on services.

Any company wanting to export services just needs to make sure it abides by the laws and regulations of the importing country (or superstate).

Non-tariff barriers are just as real and even more of an obstacle to trade than tariffs. At least with tariffs you can pay the tax. Paris fancies itself as Europe's financial hub. Why would the EU let all of its financial trade go to a country outside the Union? France certainly won't allow Passporting of financial services to London long term, while it aspires to become the fiance capital, and in time it would imo move to Paris because the EU will make it harder or impossible to passport into the EU without a trade agreement. Laws and regulations are massively important and can have a huge impact on the UKs exports to the EU.

Exports of services to the EU are significant: in 2014, the UK exported services worth £84 billion to the EU (37% of all UK exports to the EU). UK imports of services were worth £63 billion (22% of all imports from the EU). https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-leaving-eu-trade/

Brexit is anti-trade, and anti-prosperity.

Be careful not to confuse financial services and services though. Financial services only make up 7% of the economy, but behave and wield the influence like they are the full 80%.

Financial services act contrary to industrial strategies and are well worth throwing under the bus.

The other 73% services will just also need to conform to certain bits of EU law (whereas now UK law is EU law in those areas) if they want to operate in the EU.

The other 73% services will just also need to conform to certain bits of EU law (whereas now UK law is EU law in those areas) if they want to operate in the EU.

EU laws that we often dictated in the past, or at the least inputted into, we'll have no say in in the future. Sovereign nation. Is it really fair to present Brexit as increasing UK control?

EU laws that we often dictated in the past, or at the least inputted into, we'll have no say in in the future. Sovereign nation. Is it really fair to present Brexit as increasing UK control?

Private companies can jump through whatever hoops they need to to chase their profit. As a country though our laws will no longer be handed down to us from above.

Non-tariff barriers are just as real and even more of an obstacle to trade than tariffs. At least with tariffs you can pay the tax. Paris fancies itself as Europe's financial hub. Why would the EU let all of its financial trade go to a country outside the Union? France certainly won't allow Passporting of financial services to London long term, while it aspires to become the fiance capital, and in time it would imo move to Paris because the EU will make it harder or impossible to passport into the EU without a trade agreement. Laws and regulations are massively important and can have a huge impact on the UKs exports to the EU.

Exports of services to the EU are significant: in 2014, the UK exported services worth £84 billion to the EU (37% of all UK exports to the EU). UK imports of services were worth £63 billion (22% of all imports from the EU). https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-leaving-eu-trade/

Brexit is anti-trade, and anti-prosperity.
So a services trade deficit of 1.07% of the economy. Sounds pretty small when you represent it with perspective.

If the EU tries to force services to their own capitals then we just reduce taxes on those services until it's cheaper to be based here. That has the added advantage of bringing in more of the services that weren't based here before.

So a services trade deficit of 1.07% of the economy. Sounds pretty small when you represent it with perspective.

If the EU tries to force services to their own capitals then we just reduce taxes on those services until it's cheaper to be based here. That has the added advantage of bringing in more of the services that weren't based here before.

1% of the whole UK economy is massive! It's not just quantifying the loss to us of money in however, its the loss of services delivered and trade in general. The services received from the EU might be lost, which contribute to our own economic activity. Any impediments to trade and commerce are bad, its simple.

Re. whether the UK can cut taxes to 'get one over' the EU block, the affect will simply be the EU doesn't give us trading terms and bolsters its own protections of trade regulations to ensure they protect their own commerce.

All this is obvious isn't it? It's why Brexit was flawed from the get go.

Last edited:
1% of the whole UK economy is massive! It's not just quantifying the loss to us of money in, its the loss of services delivered and trade in general. So services received from the EU too which contribute to our economic activity. Impediments to trade and commerce are bad, its simple.
Events happen all the time that effect economies by 1% - that's well withing the natural cycle. It also completely ignores our ability to compete internationally with our services and assumes that all service providers will be unable to deal with barriers, will be unable to find a way around them and will be unable to continue any trade with the EU whatsoever. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to realise that such a situation is preposterous.

Re. whether the UK can cut taxes to 'get one over' the EU block, the affect will simply be the EU doesn't give us trading terms and bolsters its own protections of trade regulations to ensure they protect their own commerce.

All this is obvious isn't it? It's why Brexit was flawed from the get go.
All countries compete on taxation and regulation. And no, it's not possible for the EU to stop that happening - not within the realms of what they would be both willing and able to make happen. That's why there are tax havens all over the world, that's why there are a handful of financial centres and technology centres around which those services gather. It's also why the EU is trying so hard (and currently failing) to force Luxembourg to align their tax and regulatory regimes with the rest of the EU.

The very suggestion that countries should all align in such a way should be clearly ridiculous to anyone with even a passing interest in economics.

Back