• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

So.... anyway. Russia meddled in our democracy or at least our referendum.. we can't have that can we?

We must have a clean vote.

Isn't that what social media is? An enormous database for the corporations to advertise to

Also, in my experience twitter is 80-90% remain bias. Just browse https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=#Brexit&src=tyah at anytime.

Social media is loads of people showing freind and people they "know" in the main, what they ate (personally annoying as Im on a perpetual diet), where they ate it, and where they are going to eat tomorrow.
Its the "sponges" you have to worry about! 'Billy/Jenny no mates' out there, that just browse all the detritus and literally think nothing of it......then repeat it....

So.... anyway. Russia meddled in our democracy or at least our referendum.. we can't have that can we?

The vote was clean - no one is claiming differently

At worst they undertook advertising in an area that isn't regulated anyway.

Evidence suggests their bots were posting for both sides anyway, and that stirring up division was the purpose. Even the Guardian isn't going for this: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...an-referendum-trolling-putin?CMP=share_btn_tw

Last edited:

Evidence suggests their bots were posting for both sides anyway, and that stirring up division was the purpose. Even the Guardian isn't going for this: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...an-referendum-trolling-putin?CMP=share_btn_tw

hostile foreign agents, deceminated propaganda to influence the outcome of a referendum... and you are ok with that?

What happened to taking back control?

Did you mean the Russians when you said that?

hostile foreign agents, deceminated propaganda to influence the outcome of a referendum... and you are ok with that?

What happened to taking back control?

Did you mean the Russians when you said that?

I just wrote on twitter that Putin is a dingdong, and have set it to auto-retweet every 30 seconds for the next 5 months. Am I a hostile foreign agent who has just influenced the spring 2018 Russian Presidential elections?

Take 10's of millions autobots all over social media saying anything for long enough to your average punter, and you have a huge problem.
Then those people shouldn't be voting.
I dont know who did what to who. China have spent trillions on these bots.......allegedly.
Twitter Facebook and the rest are the new political battlegrounds according to many.
I only use GG so I'm fairly safe......not sure about that @scaramanga geezer......though..
This user is not a Conservative propaganda bot.

Would it have had an effect?

My Facebook feed is regularly full of pinko tossers screeching about how important it is that we vote for Corbyn and how utterly unfair it is that the CEO of Tesco earns more than those on the checkouts. That doesn't move my position left at all, it only makes me far more determined to vote for ABC (anyone but Corbyn).

How could Russia influence the vote?

We go to school halls across thousands of locations and tick boxes with pencils. Electoral interference is practically impossible in such a low tech system.

Propaganda on the other hand is used by all sides, and anyone who can't see through, as above - probably doesn't have the mental capacities to be voting

But that's your problem. They can legally be stupid, and legally allowed to vote.

Would it have had an effect?

My Facebook feed is regularly full of pinko tossers screeching about how important it is that we vote for Corbyn and how utterly unfair it is that the CEO of Tesco earns more than those on the checkouts. That doesn't move my position left at all, it only makes me far more determined to vote for ABC (anyone but Corbyn).
That's you though @scaramanga...........take a slow look around you, theres' many who consume sh*t through their mouths, sh*t through their ears and sh*t through their eyes, all day long.

And do you know what they know? They know sh*t.

Feed them sh*t, they'll lap it up.

Then those people shouldn't be voting.

But you would say that!

Seems to me that the M.O. of the "moderates" now is to blame Russia if an election result turns out the "wrong" way. See Clinton in America and now the Remain side in the referendum here. And I voted to remain, I would again in a 2nd referendum too. But this is bullsh1t, deflection. What EXACTLY is it that the Russian Government have done here, definitively? P1ss, meet ocean.

So-called moderates should create a new party, they can call it the MAD Party; Moderates Against Democracy. If you voted the wrong way, it must've been a meme on twitter wot brainwashed you.

Anyone who forms their opinions from Twitter/Facebook should be banned from voting in the first place.

Amen to that, as Cameron once said "t oo m any t weets m ake a t wat". ANYONE who believes what some sad sack posts on teletext needs to get a life.

And even IF there is any truth in this gonad*s there would be as many pushing the remain scare mongering so IF its true it would work both ways.

Talk about grasping at straws :rolleyes:

So since the Brexit vote

Immigration from eastern europe has gone up. So project fear that we would be seen as racist and deter people from coming here for work was wrong.

People will go to find work where ever the is money and good luck to them it is down to the governments to control it for the best benefit of the country.

Project fear, is like the terminator franchise, it will never fudging end haha.

Seriously we were never racist and clearly the people who still want to come here for work dont think we are either.

I am more concerned at project fear and how we were lied to by elected officials.

I am also amazed that Ken Clarke as a member of her majesty's government has not been arrested for treason after his little visit to Brussels the other week, is ok to disagree with what your government does, is ok to campaign for something else. But to go to the EU which sees itself as the government of Europe and side against the people who elected you. He should be in a prison cell for treason.

Seems to me that the M.O. of the "moderates" now is to blame Russia if an election result turns out the "wrong" way. See Clinton in America and now the Remain side in the referendum here. And I voted to remain, I would again in a 2nd referendum too. But this is bullsh1t, deflection. What EXACTLY is it that the Russian Government have done here, definitively? P1ss, meet ocean.

So-called moderates should create a new party, they can call it the MAD Party; Moderates Against Democracy. If you voted the wrong way, it must've been a meme on twitter wot brainwashed you.

Dude you may not agree with with my assessment of how dangerous Cyber propaganda is... But do you believe that Putin is an idiot? He put millions into this because he was sure it would have an impact.

Dude you may not agree with with my assessment of how dangerous Cyber propaganda is... But do you believe that Putin is an idiot? He put millions into this because he was sure it would have an impact.

You mean like the EU bigwigs have put millions into their project over 40 years, to make the British people think life outside the EU isn't possible?

See, two can play that game;)

I think he'd like a weaker and more divided EU, one of my reasons for voting to stay in was geopolitical. And I think if he can be seen to be stirring sh1t a little bit, it makes him look better at home. That's about the extent of it. There are also other rich billionaire Russians that could make a few quid from Brexit, I don't discount the possibility of Russian private enterprise, not just Kremlin backed bots.

I think putting election results down to Russian meddling, which is often the inference from our media or American media, is just nonsense though.

Back