• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Even though I wanted us to remain I don't think you could say that. I think some of those people are either saying they can't make their minds up and are therefore abstaining and the others are those who never vote because their to busy taking selfies and it's probably best they stay away.

Give Scotland their independence and make London the new West Berlin then and build a wall around it. Let the rest go to brick on their own.

Calls in the Netherlands already for a referendum. I wonder how those net benefitting countries will feel now that a huge chunk of their handouts have gone.

Give it 5 years and the EU will just be France and Germany tugging each other off whilst telling Greece to stop spending all their money.

No chance (if it is indeed leave). I think we have about as much chance of trade with the EU as North Korea does. They will be looking to make an example of us so no other nation thinks of leaving.

For what it's worth I think the Brit economy will pick up long term but I personally could really do without all this short term brick.

When the result is as close as this surely even an old dog such as yourself must be tempted to stay up Chich?

This is such a modern day problem. People are never prepared to suffer some pain/sh*t even if down the line it is for the greater good.

I wanted to leave but my main concern, The following thru with it. We need a strong, imposing leader, with a public that collectively believes and sees this as an oppurtunity to (use the old cliche) make Britain Great again.

But i don't see that, i see self-interested, self-serving, self absorbed, selfie-taking people in abundance. Collectiveness....no.

Well we're going to find out now.

My sister works in finance in London (I couldn't tell you exactly what she does even though she explained it to me a dozen times). She was saying this morning this will fudge the sector and her own company are already in the middle of planning their own brexit of sorts.

This is such a modern day problem. People are never prepared to suffer some pain/sh*t even if down the line it is for the greater good.

I wanted to leave but my main concern, The following thru with it. We need a strong, imposing leader, with a public that collectively believes and sees this as an oppurtunity to (use the old cliche) make Britain Great again.

But i don't see that, i see self-interested, self-serving, self absorbed, selfie-taking people in abundance. Collectiveness....no.

David Davis

It's ironic that some of the European bureaucrats are talking this morning about the need to reform the EU. Talkaline about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted! Incredible that the European accounts have not been signed off for so long.

I voted remain because I think we need Europe and will struggle to compete with China, India and America on a global economic stage.

However it's not like there weren't some compelling arguments on both sides. What I can't understand is the feck wits who couldn't be arsed to vote!

Also good resignation speech by Cameron

Good post. I never felt that the Leave campaign had any real strategy beyond the actual matter of getting us out of the EU. I may well have been persuaded to vote differently if they could have convinced me there was a long term plan to see us through the inevitable pain.

As regards to the potential of other countries now holding referendums II think those countries will now find they have a much stronger bargaining hand. It will be ironic if our leaving enables other member states to get better deals.

I am not a Tory but I wish Cameron could have stayed a while longer.
Hopefully this does not give Boris an easy route in.

Back