• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

If we had all actually buckled our belts then it might have worked.

But we didn't. Instead, this government has taxed and spent more than any government since WWII.

If you want and example of ridiculous, seeing how much this has fudged us all and then voting for more taxation and more spending is a perfect one.
Tax and spend is ok.

It's how you spend it, that'll be the differentiator.

And the Tories have done a job akin to giving Shaun Ryder a suitcase of cash in the late eighties.

But we didn't. Instead, this government has taxed and spent more than any government since WWII.

If you want and example of ridiculous, seeing how much this has fudged us all and then voting for more taxation and more spending is a perfect one.
Austerity has been such a success, so it’s clear we needed more of it. Great stuff. That makes perfect sense.

Depends if the taxation actually goes on infrastructure and services, or continues to all be syphoned off to big business and their shareholders

The fact that something was argued to be a guaranteed outcome of managing the economy is now relegated to a ‘might have worked’ speaks volumes.

Economy has been nowhere near on track since austerity began. You can’t blame Covid for something that wasn’t working before that.

And if taxation has had to be higher than originally theorised to actually manage society it only serves to proof that it doesn’t work.

Not only that but depsite having to resort to higher taxes we’ve got fudge all to show from it.

Austerity has been such a success, so it’s clear we needed more of it. Great stuff. That makes perfect sense.
You're clearly not listening or paying attention to what's been happening for the last few years.

There hasn't been any austerity whatsoever. They've promised us that, but taxed and spent more than any government has since the 1940s. No government, not even Labour has been economically further left than this lot in living memory.

The fact that something was argued to be a guaranteed outcome of managing the economy is now relegated to a ‘might have worked’ speaks volumes.

Economy has been nowhere near on track since austerity began. You can’t blame Covid for something that wasn’t working before that.

And if taxation has had to be higher than originally theorised to actually manage society it only serves to proof that it doesn’t work.

Not only that but depsite having to resort to higher taxes we’ve got fudge all to show from it.
I wouldn't trust this shower to make things work, even with the right economic policies.

But that's the only solution. Problem is, nobody is offering it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust this shower to make things work, even with the right economic policies.

But that's the only solution. Problem is, nobody is offering it.

The right economic policies are being offered. You just have to look outside the Conservative and Reform parties to find them

Need a doctor's appointment (foot injury) so called my GP, lines open at 8am, i dialled in after school run for 8.02am.

Number 36 in the queue. Got down to 31 and then the line disconnected.

Called back, number 47 in the queue.

Currently 9th after 22mins of waiting.

Blows my mind people would vote for 5 more years of this. Honestly, just incredible wondering what goes through people's heads when they're sat waiting for a GP appointment (which i'll likely not get) thinking they will vote the Tories back in.

By the way this is after I dialled 111 the other day who basically said go to your GP, so wasn't much use there. I fully appreciate the NHS has issues but it's been absolutely broken by 14 years of Tories.

Need a doctor's appointment (foot injury) so called my GP, lines open at 8am, i dialled in after school run for 8.02am.

Blows my mind people would vote for 5 more years of this. Honestly, just incredible wondering what goes through people's heads when they're sat waiting for a GP appointment (which i'll likely not get) thinking they will vote the Tories back in.

By the way this is after I dialled 111 the other day who basically said go to your GP, so wasn't much use there. I fully appreciate the NHS has issues but it's been absolutely broken by 14 years of Tories.
Does your surgery have an online consultation option? I've used that before for mine, and got a call back from a doctor on the same day, and after a 5 minute phone consultation, got told to come in for a face to face appt that same afternoon.

Agree with the broader point.

Does your surgery have an online consultation option? I've used that before for mine, and got a call back from a doctor on the same day, and after a 5 minute phone consultation, got told to come in for a face to face appt that same afternoon.

Yeh maybe should have done that. I called because 111 told me to go via GP.

Finally got through after nearly an hour to speak to reception. Got told they can't do anything and i should go to minor injuries, A&E or walk in clinic. I'm just going to go via private work scheme i think.

Mine has that and it’s great
They call back and follow up quickly from it

111 is unusable.

I'd always go straight to the local minor injuries unit for anything like that. They've got the same kit as A&E (x-rays etc.), but without all the smackheads and social care overspills. You can usually be in and out in 30 mins.

A&E probably wouldn't like you just turning up, would tell you you should have gone to see your GP.

Minor injuries sounds the best option.

Never had an issue with 111, but I guess it depends on the area you're in

Back