• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

That's where state aid comes in (yes this has a cost but it's not as apparent to people), eventually the world is heading greener so we can either get onboard early and get ahead of the game and draw in investment, jobs and influence or get left behind.
And own the infrastructure. Rather than rent it extortionately forever from foreign corporations

It's only a vote winner if it doesn't cost.
Insulation will help to reduce the cost of living for many people. Also there is a massive opportunity cost from failing to back green technology. We were market leaders on this field which will be the biggest growth economy in the future. By failing to back this sector sunak is massively damaging the future economic prospects of our country.

Insulation will help to reduce the cost of living for many people. Also there is a massive opportunity cost from failing to back green technology. We were market leaders on this field which will be the biggest growth economy in the future. By failing to back this sector sunak is massively damaging the future economic prospects of our country.
I don't disagree, but the point still stands. Everyone wants the government to spend more, everyone wants someone else to pay for it.

The people who this will help the most are the ones who are least able to pay now and get some kind of benefit at some point in the future. Anyone being honest about the upfront cost of doing the right thing will not get elected.

let's give holocaust deniers free speech too eh. And flat earthers. Give them all a platform. And anti vaxxers.

Free speech is allowed. But no one has to give a platform to folks spouting that brick quite simply.

Speaking of Woke:

The Sun: Rishi Sunak must bite the bullet and derail woke HS2

Agree. Nothing more woke than a railway line.
I find it is only the high-speed lines that are woke. The regular train lines are not that aware of racial and systemic injustices for the most part.

See the anti woke anti cancel channel has cancelled one of its presenters.

I abhor cancel culture but this is one occasion it’s fully justified. Don’t know what possesses people to make comments like Fox did and think it’s acceptable. And that arse Dan Wootton to just sit there and smirk rather than calling Fox out, he deserves what he has got too. What’s got lost in all this is her comments about male suicide were pretty insensitive and she seems like a bit of an odious character herself judging by some of her tweets. Doesn’t justify the comments directed at her mind.

I abhor cancel culture but this is one occasion it’s fully justified. Don’t know what possesses people to make comments like Fox did and think it’s acceptable. And that arse Dan Wootton to just sit there and smirk rather than calling Fox out, he deserves what he has got too. What’s got lost in all this is her comments about male suicide were pretty insensitive and she seems like a bit of an odious character herself judging by some of her tweets. Doesn’t justify the comments directed at her mind.

I can assure you she isn’t an odious character, quite the opposite. She makes very forthright points around men and the patriarchy (often with humour) which then creates a pile-on by the type of men she is aiming those tweets at. She has also been misrepresented greatly since this has blown up. That said, I agree with you she dropped a clanger on that panel show discussion (which she backtracked on) and hopefully it was a learning moment.

This whole situation has arisen as a result of ongoing tit-for-tats on that cesspit social media platform. But for once it’s at least served some purpose in giving those two weasels their comeuppance.

I can assure you she isn’t an odious character, quite the opposite. She makes very forthright points around men and the patriarchy (often with humour) which then creates a pile-on by the type of men she is aiming those tweets at. She has also been misrepresented greatly since this has blown up. That said, I agree with you she dropped a clanger on that panel show discussion (which she backtracked on) and hopefully it was a learning moment.

This whole situation has arisen as a result of ongoing tit-for-tats on that cesspit social media platform. But for once it’s at least served some purpose in giving those two weasels their comeuppance.

I’m only judging by a few of her tweets. One of which she said “I will continue to wear my mask on the tube to protect myself from the most powerful virus of them all: men”. If that was meant as a joke then fair enough (maybe I don’t know her well enough to get when she’s trying to be funny and when she’s not) but there would a fuss if the tweet was the other round and rightly so. Maybe I need to read more about her and not take her tweets at face value.

It’s not a good look for men when people like Laurence Fox say what he said, reminds me of when that BBC rugby presenter made a similar distasteful comment about Marion Bartoli and that she wasn’t much of a looker. That said, it does often feel like men are under attack and you never hear feminists bring up the fact that a lot of the most dangerous jobs are done mostly by men (which are often low paid jobs also) or that men suffer a lot with depression. Maybe I’m being overly sensitive because I have had my own mental struggles.

Back