• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

The next Cummings leak will land about Tuesday then. The cocaine stories will be next I reckon
I'm not sure anyone in politics wants to open that Pandora's Box. I'm sure it's far more common than most would think and would likely bring down both parties.

Scorched earth and continuing to work in politics may be a problem for him.

Unless he has some other career lined up.
He's spoken often about "cleaning up politics" and generally as though he is on a crusade.
His reputation is toxic.
Becoming the "bastion of virtue" in UK politics would suit him. Possibly to the point where it would be politically advantageous to have him on your side.

Aren't conservatives meant to be all about 'rule of law' and defending the institutions that serve our democracy ie parliament? Who are this shower of brick then?

How is that a 'straw man' argument? Conservatives by definition are meant to protect the basic institutions, they are sacrosanct. It's what defines a conservative. Today, instead we have right wingers who just want to wreck the joint, if that means more cash in the pockets of their mates.
It certainly has that look about it.

I'm not sure anyone in politics wants to open that Pandora's Box. I'm sure it's far more common than most would think and would likely bring down both parties.

Not just recreationally, more the 'on duty' side of it. It's not a good look when you've got the nuclear codes in your pocket (though I doubt the military have actually given him the real ones).

How is that a 'straw man' argument? Conservatives by definition are meant to protect the basic institutions, they are sacrosanct. It's what defines a conservative. Today, instead we have right wingers who just want to wreck the joint, if that means more cash in the pockets of their mates.
I hope you are not suggesting that they were lying this whole time.

Its what members of both partys do.
If you mean the tories and the brexit party, yes I agree ;).

I know lots of politicians lie but Boris and his comrades have ramped it up to Olympic levels of gaslighting at his point. His assault on the truth has caused an exponential growth in references to 1984.

If you mean the tories and the brexit party, yes I agree ;).

I know lots of politicians lie but Boris and his comrades have ramped it up to Olympic levels of gaslighting at his point. His assault on the truth has caused an exponential growth in references to 1984.

They are all as bad as one another, just some lies are bigger then some others, Thatcher getting us into war against Argentina because her standing at home was zero, Blair taking us into a illegal war and killing our own people. No time for Boris but since the farce in the commons about the brexit votes they are all arseholes.

They are all as bad as one another, just some lies are bigger then some others, Thatcher getting us into war against Argentina because her standing at home was zero, Blair taking us into a illegal war and killing our own people. No time for Boris but since the farce in the commons about the brexit votes they are all arseholes.
They were some whoopers to be sure but what is happening now is not really the same IMO. What is happening now with Boris mirrors what happened during Trump's time. Telling lies to deceive is not actually the purpose. The purpose is to destroy the notion that one can decern the facts from falsehoods at all. This constant flow of lies makes us weary and cynical to the point where we see all leaders in the same light. It is a ploy as old as the hills.

“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (ie the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (ie the standards of thought) no longer exist.” Hannah Arendt.

They were some whoopers to be sure but what is happening now is not really the same IMO. What is happening now with Boris mirrors what happened during Trump's time. Telling lies to deceive is not actually the purpose. The purpose is to destroy the notion that one can decern the facts from falsehoods at all. This constant flow of lies makes us weary and cynical to the point where we see all leaders in the same light. It is a ploy as old as the hills.

“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (ie the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (ie the standards of thought) no longer exist.” Hannah Arendt.

Plese do not take offense mate because i mean none, but you are going around in circles a lie is a lie and i suppose how strong, big, small the lie is can be seen whatever way you want it to be. They are ALL arseholes and depending on what a persons agenda is can be seen as bigger or smaller. Personally i believe taking our troops to their death on a LIE is about the biggest crime imo, other may see it different though.

Plese do not take offense mate because i mean none, but you are going around in circles a lie is a lie and i suppose how strong, big, small the lie is can be seen whatever way you want it to be. They are ALL arseholes and depending on what a persons agenda is can be seen as bigger or smaller. Personally i believe taking our troops to their death on a LIE is about the biggest crime imo, other may see it different though.
No offense taken. I agree most politicians are lying arseholes. No argument there, but you are missing my point so we'll park it there.

Back