• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

What a fitting indictment of the general public in this country.

Nobody bats an eyelid when he's doing a terrible job but we absolutely cannot accept drinking wine and eating cake with his colleagues.

A lot of people I know getting upset about this were the same people that turned a blind eye to Bliar lying to parliament and then voted him back in, the is a precedent.

No 10 says it cannot comment on whether or not there was a cake at a birthday celebration for the prime minister.

Minister Conor Burns previously said Boris Johnson had been "ambushed with a cake" at a surprise birthday gathering in the Cabinet room on 19 June 2020 - when social events indoors were banned.

But Burns later told the Telegraph's political podcast he had been told "under some authority" there actually was not a cake.

However, an old article from the Times on 20 June 2020 has resurfaced reporting that the group "tucked into a Union Jack cake".

A spokesman for Boris Johnson says: "So you will know what we said earlier this week on the matter, that a small number of staff briefly came into the Cabinet Room on the PM's birthday.

"Beyond that I can't comment further ahead of any conclusion of the investigation."

Starmer and his pet ginge: We insist you answer all of our questions about some meaningless parties immediately.

Also Starmer: The government should be doing its job and not focusing on the parties.

Starmer and his pet ginge: We insist you answer all of our questions about some meaningless parties immediately.

Also Starmer: The government should be doing its job and not focusing on the parties.

This is the attitude of the self entitled Tory. You must all follow the rules, even if it means not seeing your elderly parent. You cannot visit a dying relative in hospital, but the Tory can do whatever he pleases.

again for those Tory voters, is there no norm you're willing to tinkle on for Boris? I mean, you're entirely happy our Police has one rule for people like us, and one rule for the ruling elite, and literally instead of upholding the law, they do what is asked at the beck and call of those in power... and people just look the other way? Remarkable.

This is the attitude of the self entitled Tory. You must all follow the rules, even if it means not seeing your elderly parent. You cannot visit a dying relative in hospital, but the Tory can do whatever he pleases.
I didnt, wouldn't and won't.

Some rules matter, some don't. These ones didn't at all.

So you don't think social distancing was important. What is the scientific basis for that observation?
It inconvenienced me without benefit for me.

My parents, who are both quite healthy, made the decision they'd rather take the risk than not see their grandkids for months and I respect that.

The advice was right, making it a rule was wrong.

Reckon the 1922 letters target will be hit tonight? Got to be close already, surely

He's certainly on the ropes. But there's still the "wait for the Met report" stance that will probably be enough to slow down the numbers.
This party in the flat to celebrate Cummings leaving sounds like it could be his downfall though.

He's certainly on the ropes. But there's still the "wait for the Met report" stance that will probably be enough to slow down the numbers.
This party in the flat to celebrate Cummings leaving sounds like it could be his downfall though.

You'd think the backbenchers would just see that another month or two of a dead man walking is just going to harm their next election prospects more and more.

You'd think the backbenchers would just see that another month or two of a dead man walking is just going to harm their next election prospects more and more.

I guess the risk is that if there are enough letters to trigger the vote of no confidence, Boris might win it, with enough backbenchers being unwilling to cast him out before the Met police report back (although chances are he will have to resign after that anyway).

Interesting response to the question just now about drug taking in No.10, batted straight back with a suggestion it's a question for the Labour front bench to answer!

Back