• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I wonder if these people ever stop to imagine what it would be like if something happened to one of their children, or grandchildren, regardless of whether or not they were doing something of which others disapproved, and were met with such a lack of compassion.

Volunteers in France are blaming the UK for making it tough to enter for asylum after today's death saying we should provide safe passage so all claims can be heard

Any reason why they can't apply from France?

Not sure, this lady was saying by not providing safe passage we create the black market that exists which I get but don't get. If we did that surely those that fail to gain entry or those that feel they wont will still use the black market? Not in as many numbers but the can just gets kicked about

Not sure, this lady was saying by not providing safe passage we create the black market that exists which I get but don't get. If we did that surely those that fail to gain entry or those that feel they wont will still use the black market? Not in as many numbers but the can just gets kicked about

If we make it safer for some of them, surely thats a good thing.

If we face up to our global responsibilities and take a lead on this maybe we can drag some other countries along with us.

we don't allow that do we?

I thought they had to be here to claim asylum.

In that case its disgustingly barbaric of us not to have an online/postal/carrier pigeon remote system in place.
I don't know, it was a genuine question.

If not, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to stick an office in Calais like they do the border patrol and take applications there?

If we make it safer for some of them, surely thats a good thing.

If we face up to our global responsibilities and take a lead on this maybe we can drag some other countries along with us.

How can you make it safer? Run a purpose charter?

I like @scaramanga idea of setting up an office there but that won't solve risk taking as people will want to circumnavigate the red tape especially if they think they are likely to be refused.

I think as an island we do ok to realize our responsibility TBH could do more but can't be accused of doing nothing just because we have a system in place

Even if there was an office and we heard every relevant case you couldn't accept everyone even if it meet criteria

How can you make it safer? Run a purpose charter?

I like @scaramanga idea of setting up an office there but that won't solve risk taking as people will want to circumnavigate the red tape especially if they think they are likely to be refused.

I think as an island we do ok to realize our responsibility TBH could do more but can't be accused of doing nothing just because we have a system in place

Even if there was an office and we heard every relevant case you couldn't accept everyone even if it meet criteria

Not a bad idea, at least have boats out there helping them to not die.

What about our responsibility as a former colonial power who have been a big part of destabilising previously democratic states and profiteering from the induced civil wars?

Not a bad idea, at least have boats out there helping them to not die.

What about our responsibility as a former colonial power who have been a big part of destabilising previously democratic states and profiteering from the induced civil wars?

I'm not saying we haven't got questions to answer but is the answer to say come one come all or do you have to have systems and process?

What would your answer be?

I'm not saying we haven't got questions to answer but is the answer to say come one come all or do you have to have systems and process?

What would your answer be?

Not having “a hostile environment”, not treating other humans as an enemy, not allowing the racist propaganda of Farage to go unchallenged, let alone lead govt responses and talking points.

An honest conversation using real numbers, reiteration of the social and economic benefits of immigration.

Respect and education.

Holding the press to some standards of honesty wouldn’t hurt either.

Not having “a hostile environment”, not treating other humans as an enemy, not allowing the racist propaganda of Farage to go unchallenged, let alone lead govt responses and talking points.

An honest conversation using real numbers, reiteration of the social and economic benefits of immigration.

Respect and education.

Holding the press to some standards of honesty wouldn’t hurt either.

Would you say the UK is a hostile environment?

I agree with your points about Farage

I don't think it's hostile to have processes, I think it also relates to your point about social and economic benefit to have process.

Last edited:
Would you say the UK is a hostile environment?

I agree with your points about Farage

I don't think it's hostile to have processes, I think it also relates to your point about social and economic benefit to have process.

"Hostile environment" is a phrase that the tories used as something to aspire to... as in create a hostile environment. I agree with you that London is wonderfully diverse one of the main reasons for me that it sh its on Paris which is quite segregated.

Back