• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

PL title odds

AdamB

Garth Crooks
Just seen the odds for the title this year:

Man C: 4/6
Liverpool: 11/2
Man U: 10/1
Arse: 12/1
Spurs: 20/1
Chelsea: 25/1

These are the best odds you can get for each team according to Oddschecker but there isn't huge deviation from bookie to bookie.

Am I the only one who finds some of these odd? In particular:
- Liverpool second favourites? I would have then as 6th favourites, even though they're not in Europe
- Chelsea 25/1???? As much as I dont like them, they do have a bunch of decent players
- 20/1 for us??? We had a run at the title this year, strengthened in the summer and are currently 2nd (note: I dont think we'll win it, but 20/1?????)
- Man C: are they really that likely to win it? 4/6 implies its almost not worth playing the season

Any explanations welcome!!

odds are adjusted based on how much money punters put on a certain income

when the population of liverpool all put their giro and/or a months worth of dealing profit on klopp winning the league the bookies have to drop the price

I don't really gamble anymore (such a boring qunt) but 20/1 looks decent for us. I think we will compete for the title.

I don't think it's that outrageous to have Liverpool second favourites. I'd say they're on a level with us,Arsenal and Man U etc and have no European football.

So why is that so crazy?

Because you're supposed to be as one eyed as their supporters, they are a lot better than Leicester were last year.

I don't think it's that outrageous to have Liverpool second favourites. I'd say they're on a level with us,Arsenal and Man U etc and have no European football.

So why is that so crazy?

You think that Liverpool at 11/2 and us at 20/1 is right?

Or even compare Liverpool at 11/2 and Man U at 10/1? Or Chelsea at 25/1?

Maybe its something to do with the amount of money which has been placed on each team (as someone said above) but personally I'd have them as 6th favourites

You think that Liverpool at 11/2 and us at 20/1 is right?

Or even compare Liverpool at 11/2 and Man U at 10/1? Or Chelsea at 25/1?

Maybe its something to do with the amount of money which has been placed on each team (as someone said above) but personally I'd have them as 6th favourites
I said having them as second favourites isn't surprising. They were the better team against us,beat Arenal and have no midweek Europe to worry about. How you think they're sixth favourites I've no idea....

So why is that so crazy?

Agree. Write them off at your peril. Klopp has got them firing, and no European football is massive for them and can totally understand why they are 2nd favourites, although personally I would have Arsenal as 2nd and Liverpool 3rd faves, but as StephenH rightly says a lot is based on bets/amount of money placed.
Its why depsite how cack our song is, we are always one of the faves for the Eurovision Song Contest, because most Brits will bet on it.

Arsenal have a really decent set of fixtures in the next month or so. Burnley (a),Swansea and Boro(h), Sunderland(a). That will put them bang in form when we come to the NLD. While bear in mind Liverpool have played 4 of 6 away including us,Chelsea and Arsenal in that 4, and are sitting 4th

tbh Liverpool right now have something very good going on right now. They are suffocating their opponents with so much football being played in or around the box. We are great at build up play up until the final bit (sticking it in the net). Right now they are blowing teams out of the park in the first 30 mins. It's devestating and what's most impressive is that they've already played Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea away. Yes they lost to Burnley but let's see if they slip up again to a poor team (until then it looks a bit of an outlier).

We need to look at this season as a fresh slate, right now they deserve to be taken seriously, however it is only 6 games in. A lot can change and very quickly.

Odds usually just reflect how people feel right now. Can change week to week, United were after all supposed to blow everyone out the water and make it a 2 horse race with City until they lost to Watford.

I'm very happy with the way we are ticking along. Realistically right now you could almost throw a blanket over the top 6 or 7 in terms of where they will finish and how close to one another.

tbh Liverpool right now have something very good going on right now. They are suffocating their opponents with so much football being played in or around the box. We are great at build up play up until the final bit (sticking it in the net). Right now they are blowing teams out of the park in the first 30 mins. It's devestating and what's most impressive is that they've already played Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea away. Yes they lost to Burnley but let's see if they slip up again to a poor team (until then it looks a bit of an outlier).

We need to look at this season as a fresh slate, right now they deserve to be taken seriously, however it is only 6 games in. A lot can change and very quickly.

Odds usually just reflect how people feel right now. Can change week to week, United were after all supposed to blow everyone out the water and make it a 2 horse race with City until they lost to Watford.

I'm very happy with the way we are ticking along. Realistically right now you could almost throw a blanket over the top 6 or 7 in terms of where they will finish and how close to one another.

Agreed. And Klopp has experience making teams more consistent too. Definitely been impressed by them so far this season.

Delighted with our development.

Changes very quickly as you say. Both United and Chelsea were being talked up after good starts. Now they're 6 and 8 points behind City respectively and being written off for a title challenge. Arsenal lost to Liverpool and drew against Leicester and it was going to be another frustrating season, now they blew Chelsea out of the water and are looking dangerous Time will show if City are going to be this good all season, but it's not a certain at this point.

Back