• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Becoming very important bench option for us, going to be a whole in the squad to fill
I still harbour hopes of him (along with one or two other squad players) remaining with the opportunity of European football. He is easily good enough to be given games in Europe and lower level PL games. Rotation is going to be required more next season with the additional games, and he is proving very good in his bench role too. His professionalism and ability to always stay fit are very under appreciated qualities of his that are of importance....

I still harbour hopes of him (along with one or two other squad players) remaining with the opportunity of European football. He is easily good enough to be given games in Europe and lower level PL games. Rotation is going to be required more next season with the additional games, and he is proving very good in his bench role too. His professionalism and ability to always stay fit are very under appreciated qualities of his that are of importance....

I'd agree, I think he's a model pro, in a team full of young players having a few old heads around is not a bad thing and I believe he's actually started to adapt to Ange's system.

The issue is likely three things, he wants to play, cup games and CL might help, we can get money for him and we are likely looking for a quality #6 this summer so that creates another player in spot.

he's in his prime and in the right system won't be 4th or 5th choice. He's going to leave and we'll probably get 30-40m for him - he's a very good player, massively underrated by our fans - his vision and range of passing is great, and his workrate is superb.

he's in his prime and in the right system won't be 4th or 5th choice. He's going to leave and we'll probably get 30-40m for him - he's a very good player, massively underrated by our fans - his vision and range of passing is great, and his workrate is superb.
We will do well to get £15m plus
His contract and his age will work against a big fee

His fitness record will help

The right system probably isn't a team like Spurs or any seriously challenging team. He's always going to be just on the verge at that level of club, if drops down to just a Euro places challenging team then yeah he'd be first choice.

The right system probably isn't a team like Spurs or any seriously challenging team. He's always going to be just on the verge at that level of club, if drops down to just a Euro places challenging team then yeah he'd be first choice.
Juve would work for him - any challenging Italian club actually as they are just that little slower paced - he's only a risk when rushed.

Becoming very important bench option for us, going to be a whole in the squad to fill

It's not been a recent development, PEH has been coming on and shoring things up all season, occasionally having to sort out performances that had started to wobble in the latter stages.

I agree with both yours and Harris following points, at the risk of repeating myself I just don't think he is a fashionable player to rate, the recent dodgy barnets haven't helped in particular that ill-fated side parting! Because he was in an almost teachers pet role with Jose and Conte I think people link him to the lack of success / free flowing football of those eras but Pierre is a great player to have around. Seems certain that Ange would agree given the impact that he has on games and that he invariably turns to PEH rather than say Skipp. The club wasn't as desperate to sell / get rid of him as many fans, who had it as almost already done once Ange was appointed last summer.

Given the contract situation and the players want to be a starter it does make sense to get what we can and attempt to upgrade that area of the squad, but obviously that isn't an easy thing to do. Italian league seems a reasonable prediction but I still see PEH fitting in really well at Atletico Madrid. I would rather keep him but would also wish him the best wherever he moves on to.

He is imo a better player then some think and is a very good player to bring on when needed. For me he along with Davies are good squad players ( who never really let us down when called on). However he will have to decide if he is happy with that or to move somewhere where he will get regular playing time.

It's not been a recent development, PEH has been coming on and shoring things up all season, occasionally having to sort out performances that had started to wobble in the latter stages.

I agree with both yours and Harris following points, at the risk of repeating myself I just don't think he is a fashionable player to rate, the recent dodgy barnets haven't helped in particular that ill-fated side parting! Because he was in an almost teachers pet role with Jose and Conte I think people link him to the lack of success / free flowing football of those eras but Pierre is a great player to have around. Seems certain that Ange would agree given the impact that he has on games and that he invariably turns to PEH rather than say Skipp. The club wasn't as desperate to sell / get rid of him as many fans, who had it as almost already done once Ange was appointed last summer.

Given the contract situation and the players want to be a starter it does make sense to get what we can and attempt to upgrade that area of the squad, but obviously that isn't an easy thing to do. Italian league seems a reasonable prediction but I still see PEH fitting in really well at Atletico Madrid. I would rather keep him but would also wish him the best wherever he moves on to.
He has been great at finishing games for us but struggled when starting
No player really wants that mantle at his age and experience

Yeah he’s not up to the standard to be starting but he’s a very useful player to have on the bench. Can’t blame if he wants more than that though as I’m sure he could do a good job for a team around 7th-12th place ish.

Not for me
When he starts he is always flat footed
When he comes on he has a better awareness and movement
Don’t know why…

I'm no longer sure

- Since he was bought here, he's played a destroyer role with very limited/specific parameters
- He plays a more dynamic role for country
- Initially he looked quite unsuited for the fluidity of Ange's system, and it seemed a obvious move on for both parties
- However, his cameo/sub appearances have been progressively getting better

There is a legitimate question to ask
- Has he simply adapted to the system more now, and have we realized a slightly more defensive CM actually benefits system?

I'd argue it's hard to make a case against him starting the next game

I'm no longer sure

- Since he was bought here, he's played a destroyer role with very limited/specific parameters
- Initially he looked quite unsuited for the fluidity of Ange's system, and it seemed a obvious move on for both parties

- Has he simply adapted to the system more now, and have we realized a slightly more defensive CM actually benefits system?

I've been banging on about his contributions all season, the only worry is that he's definitely prone to absolutely fluffing a pass which leaves us desperately open when playing out from the back. There was one around the 80 minute mark that a better team would have scored from, and it would have made it a real tense last 10 / 15 minutes from a position of being pretty much in control. Fortunately we got away with that one, Bissouma hasn't been so lucky on occasion and it's always a lot more memorable if we concede due to the rooster up.

I still think Ange will keep him on the bench as a great option to have in reserve, to me it's more likely that Bentancur has pushed his way back in to the starting line up but we'll see I guess! Good to have options on midfield, it's off topic but a shame that Skipp hasn't really kicked on. It'll be fascinating to see what we do in this area for the summer...

I'm no longer sure

It’s possible
He changed the game yesterday for sure but he was still a bit “random” in his play
He, for me, has earned a start in the next game for sire

It’s possible
He changed the game yesterday for sure but he was still a bit “random” in his play
He, for me, has earned a start in the next game for sire
The problem is given a run of games neither seems up to the requirements of the role. For now it's going to have to be a choose as we go scenario because they both have clear limitations.

Nice to have the option of one or the other though for once
And lets not forget that Hojberg up until this season has been flogged to death. He has almost always been available since joining the club and under Conte and Jose would be picked literally every game and seldom rotated. Perhaps him not being an automatic starter will be beneficial for both him and the club....

Back