• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

With Pape now back together with Maddison and Benta and Bissouma still to return he'll mostly be a benchwarmer along with Skippy.and Lo Celso.

But that's still very decent depth to have. Overall, it's been a long time since we've enjoyed such midfield depth. And today, Hojbjerg looked like the PEH who stars for Denmark - bold dribbling, fine passing disciplined coverage in defensive roles. Just needed him to pot a goal for the full Denmark package.

But that's still very decent depth to have. Overall, it's been a long time since we've enjoyed such midfield depth. And today, Hojbjerg looked like the PEH who stars for Denmark - bold dribbling, fine passing disciplined coverage in defensive roles. Just needed him to pot a goal for the full Denmark package.
Have we ever had this kind of depth in midfield in the PL era? I honestly can't think of a time. We've had comparable and maybe even better midfields but never with depth as far as I recall.

Have we ever had this kind of depth in midfield in the PL era? I honestly can't think of a time. We've had comparable and maybe even better midfields but never with depth as far as I recall.
Just a year ago we were basically fudged when Bentancour got injured. How things have turned around.

The second one is beautiful -- almost like that incredible Hoddle goal v Oxford.

The first one...a little risky. Had it gone wrong, it could have easily turned in 2-1, followed by 10 minutes of bricking ourselves and this thread tearing him to shreds. Fortunately it worked ok.

View attachment 16875
A little risky for sure, but on second viewing he looks fairly in control. Keeps himself between the opponent and the ball making him difficult to tackle without a foul. Risk is probably mostly if he gets the first touch completely wrong, but that's the kind of risk we should accept imo.

A little risky for sure, but on second viewing he looks fairly in control. Keeps himself between the opponent and the ball making him difficult to tackle without a foul. Risk is probably mostly if he gets the first touch completely wrong, but that's the kind of risk we should accept imo.
He just channelled his inner Iniesta.

Reactions: jrh

Yep I don't disagree...more than happy with it, even when it goes wrong like Bissouma at Emirates Marketing Project. Mostly pointing it out because of who it was and what the reaction would have been.

Yep I don't disagree...more than happy with it, even when it goes wrong like Bissouma at Emirates Marketing Project. Mostly pointing it out because of who it was and what the reaction would have been.
And don't forget that idiot ref would have allowed the Villain to cut both Hojbjerg's legs off to get to the ball. I recall a similar clean tackle by someone (Bissouma maybe) where he reached around and cleanly got the ball, which the ref said was a foul.

Back