• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Patched up midfield and attack. A lot of uncertainty about his future both short and short-medium term. System and role that isn't a great fit to his skill set. Total pro through all of it.

Yet another of our players who has got a lot of stick from a section of our fans, but as you say he is a good pro and never gives less then his all.

there is not much likelyhood of him going this Jan then is there. For one we wont have our midfielders back until Feb. And two no other teams have cash. So he is likely to ride the bench for the rest of the season. not the worst for us, good in the squad etc. But I wonder about his mindset.
No real reason to wonder about his mindset I think. Seemingly wants to leave, but also wants to do everything he can as long as he's here for his sake and the team.

Definitely a good option to have. Or season could have derailed quite a bit if his mindset wasn't as good.

He’s the Ironman. Seemingly ever present and ever reliable when all the other wonkies around him malfunction.

there is not much likelyhood of him going this Jan then is there. For one we wont have our midfielders back until Feb. And two no other teams have cash. So he is likely to ride the bench for the rest of the season. not the worst for us, good in the squad etc. But I wonder about his mindset.

Talk is there may be a last minute move for him (if any), assume it will depend on incoming mostly.

His mindset is simple, model pro. He has no worries about his country selection, he will get game time even if not a starter.

Agreed. Would be fun with a shiny new toy, but Hojbjerg has been good and important for us.
What we have for the rest of the season should be enough. We have some depth coupled with quality. If he does leave in the summer then she we can look at bringing someone else in.

Also next season we might see more from the youth team given a chance.

A return to his role earlier in the season when he came on to see out the last 10/15, which seemed to be quite effective.
That was with Bentancur missing. When Bissouma is back next week, Hojbjerg drops to 6th choice for one of the 2 deeper roles.

If we got a £15m+ odd offer, I'd sell now

Seems like some people on here have learnt nothing, and are obsessed with ranking Hojberg as 4th,6th or backup training cone as if all of a sudden all of our midfielders become immune to injuries or ill discipline and he is surplus to requirements. It's a squad game, Hojberg is literally always fit and available which is a massive attribute to have and whilst not the sexiest player alive performs to a decent level, will continue to get game time and is needed....

Seems like some people on here have learnt nothing, and are obsessed with ranking Hojberg as 4th,6th or backup training cone as if all of a sudden all of our midfielders become immune to injuries or ill discipline and he is surplus to requirements. It's a squad game, Hojberg is literally always fit and available which is a massive attribute to have and whilst not the sexiest player alive performs to a decent level, will continue to get game time and is needed....
Has been good and very useful as a squad options. Particularly with most of our players fit, but also when missing players.

Without wanting to lay in to GB who in terms of footballing matters always tends to have a wild and wacky take on things, it's pretty clear that even when we had our first choice midfield available he's still often the first to come off the bench. And not just in a "wind the clock down with 3 minutes to go" capacity, it's often been when the game is alive and we've actually needed his qualities to steady the ship.

I think it's coming in to the January window with the pre conceived notion that was a hangover from the expectation that he was going to be sold in the summer. Some evidently can't remove the blinkers that obscure the fact that he is a very reliable and useful player. Without wishing to discredit Biss, imo during his time at Spurs he's been 75% a 3/4 out of 10 player and 25% 8/9 out of 10, PEH is almost a victim of being able to put in regular 6/7 out of 10 performances and as he doesn't hit the heights he's first on the wish list to go.

Yep he’s not automatic first choice and unfortunately he’s not quite good enough on the ball for how we play but he’s definitely not a player I would want to lose. If he wants more game time elsewhere then fair enough but I’d keep him over Skipp for example.

Yep he’s not automatic first choice and unfortunately he’s not quite good enough on the ball for how we play but he’s definitely not a player I would want to lose. If he wants more game time elsewhere then fair enough but I’d keep him over Skipp for example.
He's better in this system that Skipp but Skipp is the homegrown and younger one so it's kind of obvious why Skipp will stay in the medium time. I do wonder if Skipp can acclimatise to what's needed as it will be very useful having him as a homegrown option but also one that can contribute positively.

He's better in this system that Skipp but Skipp is the homegrown and younger one so it's kind of obvious why Skipp will stay in the medium time. I do wonder if Skipp can acclimatise to what's needed as it will be very useful having him as a homegrown option but also one that can contribute positively.

I’m not even sure Skipp will be a PL player in 2-3 years let alone a Spurs player.

Without wanting to lay in to GB who in terms of footballing matters always tends to have a wild and wacky take on things, it's pretty clear that even when we had our first choice midfield available he's still often the first to come off the bench. And not just in a "wind the clock down with 3 minutes to go" capacity, it's often been when the game is alive and we've actually needed his qualities to steady the ship.

I think it's coming in to the January window with the pre conceived notion that was a hangover from the expectation that he was going to be sold in the summer. Some evidently can't remove the blinkers that obscure the fact that he is a very reliable and useful player. Without wishing to discredit Biss, imo during his time at Spurs he's been 75% a 3/4 out of 10 player and 25% 8/9 out of 10, PEH is almost a victim of being able to put in regular 6/7 out of 10 performances and as he doesn't hit the heights he's first on the wish list to go.
I don't see that.
He can go from a 8 to a 2 in 10 secs.
For me it's not what he does with the ball, it's his lack of awareness of the opposition runs.
The amount of goals we have conceded from opponents running by him 30 yards from goal and him being totally unaware is ridiculous.
I've seen him stand within 5 yards of a player and be nowhere near them 5 seconds later when they score.

Back