• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

i think it makes sense for us to keep him till the end of the season anyway. He’s clearly not a bad apple and has had to play quite a lot of minutes. i think we’d still get £15m or so for him his summer and having him here until then IMO is worth more than the £5m or so more that we might get for him now.

The ball to Veliz was the right ball to play if Veliz wasn’t injured. The fact that Veliz had started to make a run to receive the ball probably influenced Hojbjerg into making the pass.

I didn’t read the match thread on here but did anyone one here mention the decision that Postecoglou took to leave us with no more subs to make with there still being a fair portion of the game left?
Veliz wasn’t running
He just turned towards their goal
Sonny was calling for the ball and Veliz wasn’t
Was poor play from Pierre
I didn’t realise we had made all our subs. It was highly unusual for Ange but again he was nursing a team that had significantly less Rest than the opposition

Veliz wasn’t running
He just turned towards their goal
Sonny was calling for the ball and Veliz wasn’t
Was poor play from Pierre
I didn’t realise we had made all our subs. It was highly unusual for Ange but again he was nursing a team that had significantly less Rest than the opposition

The 82nd and 83rd minute isn't that early to be using the last subs IMO.

i think it makes sense for us to keep him till the end of the season anyway. He’s clearly not a bad apple and has had to play quite a lot of minutes. i think we’d still get £15m or so for him his summer and having him here until then IMO is worth more than the £5m or so more that we might get for him now.

The ball to Veliz was the right ball to play if Veliz wasn’t injured. The fact that Veliz had started to make a run to receive the ball probably influenced Hojbjerg into making the pass.

I didn’t read the match thread on here but did anyone one here mention the decision that Postecoglou took to leave us with no more subs to make with there still being a fair portion of the game left?

PEH is a model pro

- He doesn't work in the system when the goal is to play our "play out back, pass quickly through opposition, press, recover, go again"
- He does work when we are leading a game, fall back into double pivot (him and Skipp/Bissouma/etc.) and he does a lot of mopping up work

Honestly I think the club is trying to do the balance of right thing for player and us (similar to Sanchez, even if we could argue that bit us in the ass)
- PEH can start at other clubs, likely would be very effective in slower leagues.
- If we can cash in now, he can get a club where he starts, why not?
- We have 11 players at 12 months left on contract in summer, any outs that can be done now, help that

Issue is we probably need line of sight to an incoming as we are so squad light right now.

For what it's worth (not much), Those that are supposedly ITK reckon we have only had a few cheeky loan offers and no solid bids or loans with obligations etc. Must be annoying for PEH, Bet he really wants to go and play somewhere week in, week out, but unless we get a solid bid it might be difficult this window hey?

For what it's worth (not much), Those that are supposedly ITK reckon we have only had a few cheeky loan offers and no solid bids or loans with obligations etc. Must be annoying for PEH, Bet he really wants to go and play somewhere week in, week out, but unless we get a solid bid it might be difficult this window hey?
Said it for some time.. the teams that want him are broke
Juve and Atletico are great clubs but poorly run financially and are suffering
He would do well at both

I might be in the minority here but I thought we improved when Hojbjerg came on against Bournemouth. We were really struggling to get out of our half and retain any possession before he came on but I thought our play was much more calm with him on the pitch.

I get that he’s not a long term option for the way we want to play under Postecoglou but he has been quite important for us as an option off the bench this season and if we are selling him then we need a decent replacement who can hit the ground running.
I totally agree, I thought he was better than Bentancur on Saturday though them taking off their left sided players was also a factor in our ascension in the game. Of course Bentancur has had a long lay off and is the better player when fully functioning.

Hojberg is the most spacegoated and underrated player on this site though.

I totally agree, I thought he was better than Bentancur on Saturday though them taking off their left sided players was also a factor in our ascension in the game. Of course Bentancur has had a long lay off and is the better player when fully functioning.

He really is
My mate who I watched the game with was saying during the game he only passes backwards. I even showed him the pass maps for the last game where he played loads of forward balls (good and bad) and yet… he still didn’t agree
It’s odd really

He really is
My mate who I watched the game with was saying during the game he only passes backwards. I even showed him the pass maps for the last game where he played loads of forward balls (good and bad) and yet… he still didn’t agree
It’s odd really

It comes down to a few things

- Fans like a spacegoat
- Ange's style can actually frustrate people when we are doing the pass around in the back (fans not understanding we are trying to draw the opposition up and break from there), then when the ball gets from GK/CB to midfield we all want the quick forward pass and PEH is not great at it (not that he doesn't but he isn't Maddison/Lo Celso), see point below
- There is a difference between our midfield at it's best -> Bissouma (Bentancur can do it), Sarr & Maddison (Lo Celso option) and when PEH and Skipp are in it. It's similar to people bricking on Royal as a CB (vs. Romero there), PEH and Skipp are not suited to Ange's full pace style, all are model pro's, do a job, can have very good games but long term simply are not suited.

He's been a good player for the club, and he's been very important this season

- Fans like a spacegoat
- Ange's style can actually frustrate people when we are doing the pass around in the back (fans not understanding we are trying to draw the opposition up and break from there), then when the ball gets from GK/CB to midfield we all want the quick forward pass and PEH is not great at it (not that he doesn't but he isn't Maddison/Lo Celso), see point below
- There is a difference between our midfield at it's best -> Bissouma (Bentancur can do it), Sarr & Maddison (Lo Celso option) and when PEH and Skipp are in it. It's similar to people bricking on Royal as a CB (vs. Romero there), PEH and Skipp are not suited to Ange's full pace style, all are model pro's, do a job, can have very good games but long term simply are not suited.

Agreed
He will be hard to replace, but we need to, to progress

Didn’t they replace their left sided player with another one? (I thought Sememyo came on Who has been brilliant for Bournemouth this season)

It is when there is likely to be a significant amount of injury time.

Maybe but I'm sure our subs are in large driven by the data and fatigue stats so likely it was a choice based on those and time.left than a level.of mismanagement.

Let's be Frank, no one expects a player who comes on as a sub to have to go off again injured which is what happened.

- Fans like a spacegoat

Think fans understand the passing round the back. Just think it is risky and sometimes a longer ball would be better.

The first change, with Sarr's injury, and then Bentancur about 60 mins, meant we had 2 of the 3 allotted sub breaks done, it meant we could only make 1 more with 3subs still allowed.

I felt that with it being 3-0 when he 3rd change was made (Richy, Johnson and Lo Celso), were all with giving the players some rest, and perhaps with Lo Celso to avoid the risk of a 2nd yellow card. Therefore, it was either make no change until later, and not give any of those players any rest or risk playing the last 5-10 mins (plus added time) and a player gets an injury where they're forced off the pitch.

Back