• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

What an assist today for Sess goal. That pass was a worldie!
Hojberg has done that type of ball, as well as variations of it to create chances and assists many times. But because it’s Hojberg it’s usually just swept under the carpet, and his thread is always way more active when posters can have a pop at him. Had it been Bissouma or Skipp who had done this pass, their threads would be full of positive posts and saying that’s why they should be in the team ahead of Hojberg. Sad to see how underappreciated he is by many….

Hojberg has done that type of ball, as well as variations of it to create chances and assists many times. But because it’s Hojberg it’s usually just swept under the carpet, and his thread is always way more active when posters can have a pop at him. Had it been Bissouma or Skipp who had done this pass, their threads would be full of positive posts and saying that’s why they should be in the team ahead of Hojberg. Sad to see how underappreciated he is by many….

Oh look harr1984 is taking exception to how people post yet again :rolleyes:, honestly you seem to comment more about that than the football most of the time.

As someone who doesnt particularly rate PEH i have to call the above out
as codswallop as he has generally been one of our most hyped up players this season and i find myself in a small minority that is continually perplexed at the praise he gets. Given time and space on the ball most/all PL midfielders are capable of pulling off a nice pass or two and PEH is no exception.

Oh look harr1984 is taking exception to how people post yet again :rolleyes:, honestly you seem to comment more about that than the football most of the time.

as codswallop as he has generally been one of our most hyped up players this season and i find myself in a small minority that is continually perplexed at the praise he gets. Given time and space on the ball most/all PL midfielders are capable of pulling off a nice pass or two and PEH is no exception.

Agree, the ball yesterday was praise worthy so he gets that for sure, especially in the interest of balance

But I don't see there being an particular imbalance, for everyone that thinks he is bang average like me there is a poster that rates him.

Conversely loads of social accounts calling him POTY, now that's imbalance

Not really sure what you’re getting at, I comment plenty about the football - just a shame it’s been pretty poor all in all this season. But personal digs aside, I think PEH is a good player who would be even better if he was rotated rather than flogged to death week after week. His passing is more progressive than tends to be acknowledged, but I’m well aware you don’t rate him and you just proved my point by claiming any midfielder can do a nice pass given time and space. He literally controlled the ball and passed it instantly with two players coming to close him down, splitting the midfield and defence weighted perfectly for Sess but sure anyone is doing thato_O You don’t rate him that’s fair enough, but let’s not pretend that wasn’t a very good assist yesterday….

Not really sure what you’re getting at, I comment plenty about the football - just a shame it’s been pretty poor all in all this season. But personal digs aside, I think PEH is a good player who would be even better if he was rotated rather than flogged to death week after week. His passing is more progressive than tends to be acknowledged, but I’m well aware you don’t rate him and you just proved my point by claiming any midfielder can do a nice pass given time and space. He literally controlled the ball and passed it instantly with two players coming to close him down, splitting the midfield and defence weighted perfectly for Sess but sure anyone is doing thato_O You don’t rate him that’s fair enough, but let’s not pretend that wasn’t a very good assist yesterday….

Controlling the ball and turning with the time and space he was afforded is basic football, the two Bournemouth players closest to him barely made an effort to close him down (only one even tried tbf) and there was a nice amount of clear space in front of him to play the pass through to Sessegnon, with no Bournemouth player goal side of him making an effort to close him down - you could argue it was good positioning to recieve the ball in that much space tbf and then of course it was a nicely weighted ball through to Sessegnon but i stand by my earlier statement.

Edit : I wouldn't have even felt the need to counter any praise he got for that pass if you didn't kick your post off with that BS implying he was some kind of unsung hero :D

Thought he had a poor game by this seasons standards midweek and looked injured
He had a poor first half yesterday like everyone did
Much better second half and a great pass for the goal. Was unlucky but arguably should have hit the target with his shot

Love seeing Hojbjerg get into attacking positions. He has the technical skills to bury chances. Denmark use him as more of a forward than the 'dog-of-war' role that we seem to prefer. He's good at either, but knocking home the odd goal just helps keep the other side honest with their defensive schemes.

Given time and space on the ball most/all PL midfielders are capable of pulling off a nice pass or two and PEH is no exception.
This is a can of worms that is best left unopened, I'd reckon. The minute we start using "given a or b most/all PL players are capable of x or y" as a valid argument, any praise of any player is mostly void. Then we're left with discussing:

Sorry, but this is some industrial grade cherrypicking. There are far better examples of respected members calling out other's opinions and posts and classifying good and bad fans to the extent that it's painfully predictable. Why can't we all be friends? Group hug!

Back