• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Yes i have and that has been my work for many years, i am not defending any of our CB,s in the slightest but our CM has been wide open ( not since the real bad days of Mason and Bentaleb have we been so less protected) i am not one for stats because they can and are used by many to push their agendas but i am sure our goals against column is better then a lot of teams. We need to overall our defence for sure but our CM needs a lot of work as well.

Yep. Rather bizarrely there are only 5 teams with a better defensive record than us. Which is surprising considering some of our comedy defending at times. i thought it would be a lot worse

Ideally I'd like to see games where we don't need PEH

The fact that he has to play even against lesser teams is damning on CB & CM setup in general

I think that Arsenal are targetting Bissouma from Brighton. I wonder if he'd work well alongside PEH for us, or whether it'd be likely to impact team balance too much. Not seen enough of him to make any informed comment.

I think that Arsenal are targetting Bissouma from Brighton. I wonder if he'd work well alongside PEH for us, or whether it'd be likely to impact team balance too much. Not seen enough of him to make any informed comment.
So are pool
And he would choose pool
Not sure arsenal can afford anyone
He would be an outstanding signing IMO for anyone

Yep. Rather bizarrely there are only 5 teams with a better defensive record than us. Which is surprising considering some of our comedy defending at times. i thought it would be a lot worse

Indeed, i am not trying to defend our defenders but there is no protection in front of them in most games except for Hojibeg. We do need better defenders for sure but until we sort our CM out we will always be under pressure.

Interesting stat that. From my eyes our midfield is never empty but lacks enough people getting stuck in (winks, ndom) or cutting out options (Dele, lo celso). So not surprising that if PEH shows up alone he is going to get passed.

Lo celso is particularly frustrating and one who looks great in a highlights reel but doesn't apply himself throughout the game at every opportunity like PEH. Then he breaks down and has to start over so you're never sure of his real potential.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That is interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact he always keeps close to his man which results in a lot of nicking it off them, fouls, interceptions but also it seems, players taking it away from him. I suppose the devil in the detail is what constitutes a dribbling past. He's been a good signing, we needed a player of his ilk. I like the fact he fouls a lot too, makes us less soft centered.

That is interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact he always keeps close to his man which results in a lot of nicking it off them, fouls, interceptions but also it seems, players taking it away from him. I suppose the devil in the detail is what constitutes a dribbling past. He's been a good signing, we needed a player of his ilk. I like the fact he fouls a lot too, makes us less soft centered.
I think it’s because he isn’t very quick so does get people going past him. I reckon a chunk of them will be from Everton at home, Villa at home and Leeds away when players ran past him at will
milos stats above show some brilliant traits too
And as you say if he is close to his man it can lead to a certain stat looking good or bad

Bear in mind most of these stats are totals rather than per 90 mins, so he’s bound to be near the top for lots of them just because he played every single minute this season.

Saying that, I have noticed with my own eyes that one of his weaknesses is getting dribbled past easily. And indeed he’s 6th in the league in number of times dribbled past per appearance, according to Whoscored.

He does look like he's running through treacle when he's tracking back. I like his attitude and commitment but we need a lot more athleticism and energy in midfield. It's where the game is won and lost.

Back