• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

As I said earlier... compare him with Docoure and you can see one that can really play and one that’s a real trier

Do you think swapping the 2 - Docoure for Hojbjerg - would have made any difference? Anyone playing in Hojbjerg's role today would have looked average. Personally I've seen enough from him in pre-season and in today's game to know he's an improvement, albeit not a massive step up. Paired with Ndombele (or alongside him and LeCelco), with them knowing their roles, Hojbjerg can be an important player. Up to Mourinho to get the best out of these players now.

Do you think swapping the 2 - Docoure for Hojbjerg - would have made any difference? Anyone playing in Hojbjerg's role today would have looked average. Personally I've seen enough from him in pre-season and in today's game to know he's an improvement, albeit not a massive step up. Paired with Ndombele (or alongside him and LeCelco), with them knowing their roles, Hojbjerg can be an important player. Up to Mourinho to get the best out of these players now.
Yes I do
Docoure is sissoko with a brain
Holdberg has not shown me any intelligence yet as a player (I only watched one pre season game )

Looked poor today, seemed to be ambling about most of the game and plenty of runners drifted past him. Few decent passes but plenty of time to improve.

He'll get time but also when you buy PL players you buy them because they're already adapted so we'll have to see how he does in the next few months.

Looked poor today, seemed to be ambling about most of the game and plenty of runners drifted past him. Few decent passes but plenty of time to improve.

He'll get time but also when you buy PL players you buy them because they're already adapted so we'll have to see how he does in the next few months.

it's early days. They ALL just looked puddled especially in the second half!

I think his box-to-box instincts are and were needed; we just needed another even more defensive midfielder joining us as well imo.

It's testament to how badly Poch/ENIC allowed this area of our squad to decay without trying to plug it much earlier than now. After all, a physical presence/'tackler' in midfield should be one of the easiest gaps in a squad to fill, compared to e.g. a striker partner/rotation option for Kane..

Wow talk about some over the top hysteria on here, he has played ONE game and the experts are making their decisions/opinions on that. In truth the whole team was poor ( and i am being nice by saying that). Talk about knee jerk reactions.

He was poor today and looked a journeyman but you’re right - it’s nuts to judge him this early. He needs some time to settle in before we start judging him one way or the other.

He was poor today and looked a journeyman but you’re right - it’s nuts to judge him this early. He needs some time to settle in before we start judging him one way or the other.

This, i have no idea how he will turn out for us but some of the slagging he is getting after todays is way over the top.

He put a ball out for a throw in from our throw
If sissoko or winks did that they would be hung, drawn and quartered
TBF I did see sissoko put a back pass out for a corner last season too
If the throw had actually hit him, I would agree, but Davies threw it 2 yards to his right, and he had to try and hit from a very awkward position.

It’s frustrating when Everton has three debutants who played solidly Throughout and we had two who did not.

It’s frustrating when Everton has three debutants who played solidly Throughout and we had two who did not.

Yeah it’s very frustrating particularly when their three were in our price range and look like they’ll be genuinely good buys. Allan particularly looked like the type of player we could have done with.

That said, it’s one game. You can’t judge a player on one game in a new team. I think some of the nastier comments about Hojbjerg on here have been borne out of frustration with how the team as a whole player.

Doherty was sound IMO
GHod forward well and had no brain farts in defence which is highly unusual for a RB at out club
PEH was IMO our hardest worker, not that it says much as hard work is a minimum, but at least the effort was there
What I will say is I’ve read constantly about his ball recoveries but his stats on other key defensive areas were inferior to his team mates. Allan for example won the most tackles in Italy for 2 seasons on the spin. Maybe the use of certain stats makes players look different to what they are. I’d argue for anyone that we expect to play DM (maybe the club doesn’t see PEH playing that role), the key metrics are simple defensive ones

Back