• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pienaar

First paying Everton for Pienaar and then loaning him back just for the wages AND then paying a fee for bloody Louis Saha seems to have proven to be the mightiest mug-off this january.

I am amused people insist he isn't "good" enough for us. Did they see the game against Sunderland ? Did they see it last night ???

True. Sad but true.

To be fair he didn't pull up trees, but then again was he sensible swap for Saha ?

He didnt pull up trees but played very well in a couple of games (Milan and Pool away), and was only a bit part player in a grand total of 8 games before the knives came out.

Right now, he'd be an asset to us, and I find it rich the amount of people slagging off Redknapp for loaning Pienaar out is more than double the amount that actually showed Pienaar an ounce of respect.

Saha looks awful recently, but if he can score just one goal between now and May, it could mean 3pts, so we should all get behind him when he's on the pitch.

He didnt pull up trees but played very well in a couple of games (Milan and Pool away), and was only a bit part player in a grand total of 8 games before the knives came out.

Right now, he'd be an asset to us, and I find it rich the amount of people slagging off Redknapp for loaning Pienaar out is more than double the amount that actually showed Pienaar an ounce of respect.

Saha looks awful recently, but if he can score just one goal between now and May, it could mean 3pts, so we should all get behind him when he's on the pitch.

I don't disagree, but so could I if you gave me the shirt.

Likely, though, I'd probably fail to make one single meaningfull touch through a game of PL football. Just like Saha last night.

On a bigger perspective, we simply can't justify playing both him and Defoe who contribute so very little to the team apart from the odd wonder goal (and that's mostly on Defoe and his brilliant finishing touch).

Never wanted pienaar gone. Problem was that Harry's idea of rotation is to change 8 players for a cup game. He had no strategic rotation plan bringing in 1 or 2 changes to keep things fresh. Some say don't change a winning team, but I think it's better to control changes and just be forced to give players game time when injuries strike.

Never wanted pienaar gone. Problem was that Harry's idea of rotation is to change 8 players for a cup game. He had no strategic rotation plan bringing in 1 or 2 changes to keep things fresh. Some say don't change a winning team, but I think it's better to control changes and just be forced to give players game time when injuries strike.

I agree.

Not from Football Manager games but from coaching in other team sports.

When Pienaar was signed Bale, Modric and Huddlestone were all struggling with injuries

but Pienaar cannot effectively cover for any of them.

the inability to sign a striker or two has become a running joke and embarrassment, as has been the failure to find effective back up for Lennon and Bale, meaning wingers with pace so that if our best players are out or need a rest, then the back ups can come in and we dont have to change the way we play.

right now i cant remember who was available last Jan, so names wise i cant answer, but i would have looked for like for like back ups, thats all im trying to say, and not one player who can fill two or three positions.

I get your point, but in January thats not the easiest thing to do.

Dont forget, we were not looking replace Bale, Hudd and Modric....just cover them for a month. Should we have signed three different like for like squad players as temporary cover.....and ones that were practically as good? Impossible.

Pienaar is not like for like any of them, but at least he can cover all their positions.

Investec buy

Nothing more

In that case it appears that Investec has better scouting abilities than our managment.

Pienaar did excellently before we signed him, he did alright for starts for us and now does very well having left us.

Anybody recognize a pattern there ?

There is only one way that this criticism might have any credibility, and that's if you were singing Pienaar's praises while he was at Spurs.

If you weren't doing that, then you have no point and this thread is entirely malicious and full of brick.

i wasnt singing his praises but I was saying he's a useful squad option. Fair enough he's nowhere near on the level of bale or Lennon but he's certainly good enough to play a few games or cone on for half an hour to keep things fresh.

For whatever reason our players look gassed out most likely due to non rotation but we have no one to rotate with and having options to use is better than getting annihlated and only winning once in 8 games with the same players.

Back