• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Agreed and I'm not against paying that level of fee it's more is this the right person? We can't afford to get this one wrong otherwise we'll have 4 RBs that we've spent a total of £90m on in the last 3 years alone.

Maybe he is a great rb but general consensus seems to be he's decent but not spectacular, maybe he can come in and do a job now but is he a 5-10 year solution which is what I think we should be looking for.
I think he ain’t good weigh defensively, but I only have a small amount of games to make that judgement
In the prem you need all your defenders to be solid in the air. I know it’s routine but key
Porro is smaller than Gil and potentially could be bullied
Kulu came here and clicked not because he was smarter and technically better than everyone, but because he had no issues with the physical side. Same with Bentacur (Uruguayans are hard nuts to crack)

Agreed and I'm not against paying that level of fee it's more is this the right person? We can't afford to get this one wrong otherwise we'll have 4 RBs that we've spent a total of £90m on in the last 3 years alone.

Maybe he is a great rb but general consensus seems to be he's decent but not spectacular, maybe he can come in and do a job now but is he a 5-10 year solution which is what I think we should be looking for.

Very much agree with this.

If he's one of several good, but great options it makes sense to look for the best value for money.

Don't think we should get too het up about a transfer fee amount; better to overpay for the right player, than underpay for a brick one. Remember when everyone was taking the tinkle out of Liverpool for waiting and paying £70m for van Dijk? More important to concentrate on whether the player is a good fit - if a £20m player is the right piece for the jigsaw, but their club doesn't want to sell, paying £40m is worth it to us, if that's what it takes.

Is he the right player? Before he was linked I had never heard of him which is fine because I am not all knowing, but in that I mean no one on here mentioned it before but the same people not mentioning him now seem to say he is the right man just because we are linked, they are also saying pay whatever.

So my question is, as someone who has not seen or heard of him, is he any good?

Reactions: DTA
Is he the right player? Before he was linked I had never heard of him which is fine because I am not all knowing, but in that I mean no one on here mentioned it before but the same people not mentioning him now seem to say he is the right man just because we are linked, they are also saying pay whatever.

None of us know as he hasn’t played international football or club football outside of Portugal

Have no idea, looked good against us and his fbref stats are excellent going forward.

Screenshot_20230112-160458_Chrome.jpg

Ally Gold is his latest video says he's not entirely convinced Porro isn't a smokescreen for another target the club has (not my opinion, his)

I agree with the sensible posts above. If he truly is THAT good i.e. no worries about his quality going forwards and defending and interplay and intelligence and mentality etc then I am happy to spend big money.

But I definitely do not want to waste any more money, be it £4m or £40m, we need to stop tinkling money down the drain on all these average right wing backs.

I think he ain’t good weigh defensively, but I only have a small amount of games to make that judgement
In the prem you need all your defenders to be solid in the air. I know it’s routine but key
Porro is smaller than Gil and potentially could be bullied
Kulu came here and clicked not because he was smarter and technically better than everyone, but because he had no issues with the physical side. Same with Bentacur (Uruguayans are hard nuts to crack)

That's worrying if he's smaller than Gil, you need good strength, power and aerial ability to succeed in the PL. He might get tougher but its a problem area and we need someone who can at least play in the 1st team now even if they still need a bit of development. Royal is poor going forward but at least he's tough and doesn't shirk a challenge and is pretty decent defensively.

Ally Gold is his latest video says he's not entirely convinced Porro isn't a smokescreen for another target the club has (not my opinion, his)

Problem is there's a big dearth of decent RBs in the game at the moment.

Who is there - Hakimi, James, TAA, Di Lorenzo, Pavard, Cancelo? And we're not signing any of them. Porro's seems about the best of the rest. Perhaps there's no other links because there's no other candidates?

Problem is there's a big dearth of decent RBs in the game at the moment.

Who is there - Hakimi, James, TAA, Di Lorenzo, Pavard, Cancelo? And we're not signing any of them. Porro's seems about the best of the rest. Perhaps there's no other links because there's no other candidates?
What about Dumfries or has he gone backwards?

Don't get this ... apparently Bastoni offer was accepted but for the player to veto the move.

As far as i remember we didn't make a bid. We were in talks, then inter had a meeting with bastoni. Bastoni then announced he would stay at inter.

As far as i remember we didn't make a bid. We were in talks, then inter had a meeting with bastoni. Bastoni then announced he would stay at inter.

I thought I remembered that inter were financially fudged and needed to shift the player without forcing him. If we were in talks and he announced he was staying surely what I initial wrote has value to it. Furthermore if the two don't like each other goes out of the window when and of the owner needs the money

I thought I remembered that inter were financially fudged and needed to shift the player without forcing him. If we were in talks and he announced he was staying surely what I initial wrote has value to it. Furthermore if the two don't like each other goes out of the window when and of the owner needs the money

Reports were they were financially fudged and needed to sell €50m by the end of june. They didn't in fact they had a net spend of over €30m. So i don't know what happened there. But i know for certain he doesn't like paratici, he's said so himself.

https://www.juvefc.com/marotta-names-the-one-person-at-juventus-hes-no-longer-on-good-terms-with/

”I don’t consider the scudetto that we won as a revenge against the Bianconeri. My experience with Juventus gave me a lot and I remained on good terms with everyone except for one person, namely Fabio Paratici.

”I want to clarify that it was for human and non-professional reasons. I did not expect certain decisions to be made, but I accepted them as I always have.

Reports were they were financially fudged and needed to sell €50m by the end of june. They didn't in fact they had a net spend of over €30m. So i don't know what happened there. But i know for certain he doesn't like paratici, he's said so himself.

https://www.juvefc.com/marotta-names-the-one-person-at-juventus-hes-no-longer-on-good-terms-with/

”I don’t consider the scudetto that we won as a revenge against the Bianconeri. My experience with Juventus gave me a lot and I remained on good terms with everyone except for one person, namely Fabio Paratici.

”I want to clarify that it was for human and non-professional reasons. I did not expect certain decisions to be made, but I accepted them as I always have.

Doesn't mean that business can't be done, it's not like we are direct rivals either

Doesn't mean that business can't be done, it's not like we are direct rivals either

It doesn't. It's just my opinion that i think it unlikely. Although bastoni is coming up to the last year of his contract so there might be no choice.

Back