• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pawson is a clam

Dier’s second yellow was not cut and dry. At first glance I thought he played the ball. You could see in real time why Pawson would think that too. Pawson’s biggest mistakes, imo was the penalty against Dier and allowing Lermer to go unpunished for an aggressive body check while booking our players for more minor blocks.

You’re right, the Dier second yellow was far from clear cut. I genuinely thought he got some of the ball before I saw it ultra slowed down and blown up. I guess I didn’t mean that it was Pawson’s biggest mistake from a “he really should have seen it” point of view. More “it was a very difficult call but one he did ultimately get wrong and that we got away with.”

What we need is each team with negative/positive charged football boots, and a special ionized/wifi ball so that the officials can see who has touched it.

(Not sure if scientifically I've used the correct words, but you get the idea)

Didnt see that shoulder barge before, should be getting pulled up for that.

Easy to say but Lermer had previously body checked him then punched and trod on his foot. Lermer then went down like he had been shot. All let go by the ref. We know Son doesn't normally behave like that.

Son doesnt, makes you wonder why doesnt it? Seeing videos like above I can well imagine him getting enough stick that the ref let go to get tinkled off.

Was very out of character though.

Also notable that he has some real upper body strength!

Didnt see that shoulder barge before, should be getting pulled up for that.

Son doesnt, makes you wonder why doesnt it? Seeing videos like above I can well imagine him getting enough stick that the ref let go to get tinkled off.

Was very out of character though.

Also notable that he has some real upper body strength!
While we can't excuse son entirely, I still think if Pawson did his job properly and books Lermer for the body check, he doesn't later try his nastiness with Son leading to his sending off.

The easiest thing in football when things go wrong for your team is to blame the ref, always been that way and always will ( for some fans). The player are to blame for not being in control of them selves which is what happened yesterday. (imo)
It's fun though. ;)

While we can't excuse son entirely, I still think if Pawson did his job properly and books Lermer for the body check, he doesn't later try his nastiness with Son leading to his sending off.
Quite. He lost control of the game early on by letting them do whatever they wanted.

We should have kept our composure, but their #8 could have been off a couple of times. Our failures don't excuse a disgusting performance from a supposedly professional referee.

I wonder whether an appeal against SOn's red card is now more likely to succeed? FA will know that with top 4 all but settled, if they over-turn the red card then its extremely unlikely to impact anything this season

What is there to appeal?

Whether or not we can see that Lerma was a clam, Son still got too aggressive and deserved the card.

Id be more interested in us complaining about the ref, start standing up to the brick we have to deal with. It was a completely avoidable situation if Pawson was doing his job.

Its gets boring though, funny thing if we win the refs ok but if we lose the ref is bent/brick/crap etc etc.
I don't think you're giving your fellow Spurs fans much credit, I've read numerous times on here that we've won despite the ref being poor. I for one don't blame Pawson for the loss in any form, but I blame him for being poor and inconsistent. Incidentally, I read on a Bournemouth forum that their fans thought Pawson was poor too, so there's obviously more than one way to view a game.

Lets forget our shortcomings for the moment as this thread is specifically about Craig Pawson....

Referees are largely judged on their ability to get Key Match Incidents (red cards,penalty calls correct). Objectively Pawson today;

Missed clear second yellow card for Dier
Missed clear penalty for Bournemouth and possible second (third!) caution for Dier
Got Son red wrong (in my opinion) - it was adopting an aggressive manner which should be a caution; it was never ‘violent conduct’.
Correct call to send off Foyth
Missed reasonable penalty for us in second half.

That’s at best 3 out 5 correct and at worst 1/5. Either way appealing for a FIFA listed referee.

He’ll get hammered for this and as previously mentioned he was culpable in Cardiff v Chelsea game last month - whilst that offside won’t count against him (it was assistants fudge up) he missed a clear red card from rudiger.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
I think Bournemouth should have had another pen as well, when Lloris took out, was it Wilson? Anyway, Lloris was about 2 seconds late, never near the ball, and just flattened him. Should have been a booking too.

Its gets boring though, funny thing if we win the refs ok but if we lose the ref is bent/brick/crap etc etc.

In this case though, as well as our own incompetence,he was so inconsistent. If he is going to book Dier after 12 minutes, how can he look at Lerma body check Son quite aggressively and let it go? Awful.

What is there to appeal?

Whether or not we can see that Lerma was a clam, Son still got too aggressive and deserved the card.

Id be more interested in us complaining about the ref, start standing up to the brick we have to deal with. It was a completely avoidable situation if Pawson was doing his job.
Poch did that once, and was immediately sent to the stands for two games.

I think Bournemouth should have had another pen as well, when Lloris took out, was it Wilson? Anyway, Lloris was about 2 seconds late, never near the ball, and just flattened him. Should have been a booking too.
I forgot about that, that was pretty clear cut too. Think we can agree that Pawson and his posse didn't have their best day out.

We are growing in status, and need to make it count.

Its time we stopped being a soft touch with these things.
It's not accomplished by a single complaint or upheaval, that kind of respect is gained over time. At first you will invariably be sent away for being a naughty boy, but if you do it right (and complain about the situations were you absolutely are in the right), you will draw attention. I like us being proper and classy, but it hasn't gotten us very far in that area. Ferguson, and dare I say Wenger, would never let Pawson hear the end of it. And Fergie gained a Webb out of it.

Back