• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

I've continually tried to look for the positives in Paulinho's performance, but last night he was poor. In his defence, he has been playing two years non stop football, including summer breaks, but it looked as if he was out of sync with the team. Probably harder for him now Sandro and Gomes are both gone, as he seemed to have been helped settle by them. I wish this signing had worked out

I've continually tried to look for the positives in Paulinho's performance, but last night he was poor. In his defence, he has been playing two years non stop football, including summer breaks, but it looked as if he was out of sync with the team. Probably harder for him now Sandro and Gomes are both gone, as he seemed to have been helped settle by them. I wish this signing had worked out

Same here. I just can't see any really positive attributes from him as a player, although your point about non stop football stands too.

No. Last night's game was played on a disgrace of a pitch, I don't see any sense in drawing too much criticism from how they performed on it. He played quite well in the home leg of the qualifying tie.

Most definitely, I wouldnt cast any judgements on that awful pitch - they all looked average....

They guy is so so bad it's now actually become funny. Funny that he's apparently Brazilian and funny that we forked out £17m for him:ross:

If you think Paulinho was awful yesterday because of ...the pitch? well then i fear for your sanity.

Nope I said I wouldnt judge anyone based on yesterday's game. It was obvious that on a pitch like that we werent going to be able to get our passing and movement going, and if that doesnt happen then Paulinho has no chance because he is the type to be on the end of some good link up play. Noone was particularly good yesterday and yes I do think the pitch was a factor....

Similarly if you think anyone pays any attention to your opinion of him anymore, then I fear for yours.
Most do and agree tbh. It's just some like to give players wayyyy too much of a chance despite what their eyes tell them. I gave up on him when he continued bottling challenges galore and was perfectly happy doing nothing and giving his cm partner double the workload( just before midway last season). We've had those sorts of characters for years and we certainly don't need any more of them.

I don't rate soldado one bit but at least I see he puts in effort and actually tries to do things. He's not content to hide like the Brazilian jenas.

I don't get Pauly. He can't defend and can't attack. He's definitely not our Lampard.

He doesn't tackle and actually he shirks tackles. Very week. Who was it against last year when he bottled a tackle badly at WHL and the opposition went and scored?

He also can't attack. He's got a few goals but c'mon...

I don't get it. £17m. In the Brazil team ahead of Fernandinho, Ramires and Willian. HOW?

I gave up on him when he continued bottling challenges galore and was perfectly happy doing nothing and giving his cm partner double the workload( just before midway last season).
Yeah, it was about November, you can see it in this thread, that was when you started calling him
the Brazilian jenas
amongst other things, and you've banged the drum since. When he does OK, you tend to go a little quiet, but soon as he puts a foot wrong... You're entitled to your opinion of course, it's just that it's become part of the background noise of negativity that permeates this place.

The more specific point here, as harr1984 has already said, is that for yesterday's game to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Nayeeem, when you consider the playing surface made any sort of fluid movement nigh on impossible, is a little ridiculous, to be blunt. Lennon was ****, Andros was ****, Harry was ****, are we giving up on them too*?

He also can't attack. He's got a few goals but c'mon...
8 from 37 last season, 1 from 2 this season. Not really terrible, considering how maligned his play has been.

* - Obviously I realise many on here have long since given up on 1, 2 or all of those.

Most do and agree tbh. It's just some like to give players wayyyy too much of a chance despite what their eyes tell them. I gave up on him when he continued bottling challenges galore and was perfectly happy doing nothing and giving his cm partner double the workload( just before midway last season). We've had those sorts of characters for years and we certainly don't need any more of them.

I feel the same about Danny Rose. Sometimes when you don't rate a player there's not much someone can say to change your mind.

I would give Paulinho until the end of this season, then get rid. Lennon has had 10 years to prove himself so Paulinho deserves at least two considering most Brazilians take at least 1 full season to come good in England.

Last edited:
Let's see... he's played two games this season, one where he played really well and scored and another in which he didn't show anything, much like the rest of the side in difficult circumstances.

Like many, I was happy to give him a clean slate after he finally had a break this summer and has had a chance to work with the new manager. Let's allow him more than one indifferent performance before getting on his back again :barnet:

The more specific point here, as harr1984 has already said, is that for yesterday's game to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Nayeeem, when you consider the playing surface made any sort of fluid movement nigh on impossible, is a little ridiculous, to be blunt. Lennon was ****, Andros was ****, Harry was ****, are we giving up on them too*?

It's not the final straw and I still hope he can come good. But Poch doesn't even put him on the bench for the Premier League and he took him off yesterday so, the way things are going, it's going to be tough for him to seem anything other than dispensable come January.

Back