• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

If we played hide-and-seek with Paulinho, I wouldn't have found him and would have never seen him again. This day would have become the second best day in my life (after the one when Tottenham sells Vlad the dribbler)

For the money we spent on Soldado and Paulinho, added to the complete mystery that is Chiriches, I am wondering how Baldini has kept his job.

I'd much rather Holtby than Paulinho.

So Baldini deemed Paulinho, Chiriches and Soldado as 3 players necessary to push on? and spent around 50m on them?

how has he still got a job?

And you this for a fact just how exactly? Nobody else had any say?

i've never been clear about their roles. i only know that avb didn't get the men he wanted. and the obvious depth in key positions that i doubt any coach would be agreeable to.

i've never been clear about their roles. i only know that avb didn't get the men he wanted. and the obvious depth in key positions that i doubt any coach would be agreeable to.

We also know that a lot of the players AVB wanted were well beyond our reach. I just don't see Levy handing over 100 million to Baldini and letting him do whatever he want with them. Baldini only joined in the middle of the summer and some negotiations would already have been underway at that point, but what are new signings good for if not to apportion blame?

We also know that a lot of the players AVB wanted were well beyond our reach. I just don't see Levy handing over 100 million to Baldini and letting him do whatever he want with them. Baldini only joined in the middle of the summer and some negotiations would already have been underway at that point, but what are new signings good for if not to apportion blame?

If you don't think these three wasters were Baldinis fault, then who was responsible for picking them? AVB?

Surely you don't think Levy or Sherwood was responsible for identifying this "talent" . Or do you?

So Baldini deemed Paulinho, Chiriches and Soldado as 3 players necessary to push on? and spent around 50m on them?

how has he still got a job?

Agree 100%. Isn't Baldini's principal role to identify suitable talent? If not him, then who exactly has this role?

Get rid before he can do more damage to us.

Agree 100%. Isn't Baldini's principal role to identify suitable talent? If not him, then who exactly has this role?

Get rid before he can do more damage to us.
It cannot have been his principle role in the summer of 2013 because he had not been in post long enough to do that.

Bit harsh to criticise him for yesterday performance- he is not and never will be effective out wide. He is and always will be an AM, should be playing tucked in behind the striker making that late run into the box. He needs 2 solid cms behind him. He struggles like the rest of the team when teams defend in depth as our passing is so slow breKing into the box late is not happening.

It cannot have been his principle role in the summer of 2013 because he had not been in post long enough to do that.

I don't understand this post being that Baldini could (and probably did) identify the 'talent' long before he became our DOF.

Bit harsh to criticise him for yesterday performance- he is not and never will be effective out wide. He is and always will be an AM, should be playing tucked in behind the striker making that late run into the box. He needs 2 solid cms behind him. He struggles like the rest of the team when teams defend in depth as our passing is so slow breKing into the box late is not happening.

An attacking midfielder with an awful first touch, no skill, no awareness and can't pass. Er that's a no from me.

quite simple....a few years ago we got it right by signing a croatian called Modric for 16milliion, we got it very wrong by spending 16million on this guy.

at the time looking back I wanted this deal over the line, perhaps we should have asked ourselves why this signing was so easy, its not like we were having to fight off all the other top European teams clamouring for his signature.

oh dear it finally comes home to roost! we really have spunked most of the Bale money on total dross haven't we ?:(

Back