• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

Still think Dembele is a superb player. So strong and the ball, and never seen someone stand up and beat a man one on one like he does so comfortably

When we are winning like we were against Villa, that midfield trio of Sandro, Dembele, and Paulinho looked bloody fierce. Completely dominated it once Mousa came on.

Dembele reminds me so much of jenas, im really not a fan.

I wouldn't go that far. Jenas was a floater, had more ability than people think but didn't produce anywhere near enough.

Dembele is a great dribbler, he drops a shoulder and goes past people like they are not there. But he doesn't have the abiiity to find that killer pass, and what's worse, he can't even see the pass most times. But I do rate him, wouldn't want to sell him, just don't want him starting ahead of Sandro and Paulinho. It's amazing how many times per game Paulinho gets into goalscoring positions, he could have easily scored 7 or 8 league goals already.

I wouldn't go that far. Jenas was a floater, had more ability than people think but didn't produce anywhere near enough.

Dembele is a great dribbler, he drops a shoulder and goes past people like they are not there. But he doesn't have the abiiity to find that killer pass, and what's worse, he can't even see the pass most times. But I do rate him, wouldn't want to sell him, just don't want him starting ahead of Sandro and Paulinho. It's amazing how many times per game Paulinho gets into goalscoring positions, he could have easily scored 7 or 8 league goals already.

Indeed, he really has taken to English football like a duck to water and surely the goals will start to come even more frequently the more time he gets to play alongside his new teammates.

BXG5yE1CUAAXE6v.jpg

https://twitter.com/colinttrainor/status/392298912490344448/photo/1

Still think Dembele is a superb player. So strong and the ball, and never seen someone stand up and beat a man one on one like he does so comfortably

He is amazing at this and excellent on the defensive side of the game. He just needs to learn to release the ball once he breaks past the opponent. It is an obvious failing in his game and one if corrected would make him so much more effective. Still think he's brilliant anyway.

When we are winning like we were against Villa, that midfield trio of Sandro, Dembele, and Paulinho looked bloody fierce. Completely dominated it once Mousa came on.

And we still have the man mountain that is etienne capoue to return!

Agree that Dembele is getting a hard time here. He had a spell of 3 or 4 games where he was superb just into the season. When he's playing well, he is sharper and releases the ball quicker and is generally less ponderous. Then he looks like a world beater.

I wouldn't mind seeing Paulinho pushed to the advanced role and Sandro and Dembele behind him. Think P will score more goals there than Holtby or Eriksen.

Dembele seems to have all the physical attributes to be a world class box-to-box midfielder like Yaya but just doesn't score nearly enough goals (strange to think that he used to play as a forward and scored 18 goals in 44 games back in 08/09) or have the knack to pick a pass that can slice open defences which would complement his sublime ability to take on and beat a player. Perhaps it's a confidence issue that prevents him from fulfilling his potential and he will suddenly hit a rich vein of form like Ramsey.

Paulinho' goal threat puts him ahead of Dembele in the pecking order to start alongside Sandro in a midfield 2 currently but Mousa performed at his best last season alongside the Beast so will keep Paulinho on his toes. In the meantime he certainly is a great option to have when AVB wants to go 4-3-3 like he did to see out the game against Villa (and in hindsight perhaps should've done in the 2nd half against Chavski).

Madrid want him apparently. I'm not worried about selling him, I'm more worried about which player Madrid will sell to Woolwich to get back at us. Probably Ronaldo.

Madrid want him apparently. I'm not worried about selling him, I'm more worried about which player Madrid will sell to Woolwich to get back at us. Probably Ronaldo.

Another £90m to strengthen the squad? Or: **** off. I'd go for the latter.

Madrid want him?? another 50-60 mill pounds into our coffers would be nice i guess

Trouble is he has only scored 1! I hope his profligacy in the 9 league games so far isn't representative of his true ability. Because you're right, if his finishing gets better he could be a Lampard-esque beast. And if it doesn't, then to me he wouldn't have any standout qualities that make him a £17m player. He's still in my fantasy team so I clearly have faith!

As far as Dembele goes, I agree that his problem must be that he either doesn't see more difficult passes clearly or quickly enough, or does but doesn't have the confidence to try them. Because it's not as if he tries but fails - he just doesn't try. Which is why he always has one of the best completion percentages in the league. And it's frustrating because his conservative passing holds him back from being a top, top class player. It would make his amazing ability to beat a player incredibly effective, as opposed to just nice to look at.

Trouble is he has only scored 1! I hope his profligacy in the 9 league games so far isn't representative of his true ability. Because you're right, if his finishing gets better he could be a Lampard-esque beast. And if it doesn't, then to me he wouldn't have any standout qualities that make him a £17m player. He's still in my fantasy team so I clearly have faith!

As far as Dembele goes, I agree that his problem must be that he either doesn't see more difficult passes clearly or quickly enough, or does but doesn't have the confidence to try them. Because it's not as if he tries but fails - he just doesn't try. Which is why he always has one of the best completion percentages in the league. And it's frustrating because his conservative passing holds him back from being a top, top class player. It would make his amazing ability to beat a player incredibly effective, as opposed to just nice to look at.
There's the problem right there. Stick in Ramsey will ya.

Madrid want him?? another 50-60 mill pounds into our coffers would be nice i guess

Pretty sure the Madrid reference was that we got him off the back of scouting reports Madrid had done on him (part of our partnership with them).

Paulinho is always in my 1st choice starting XI but just like Modric I can't get a vibe going for him.

i think this is going to rile some feathers on here, but after a very impressive start, I can't help thinking that Paulinho's starting to look a lot like Jenas... extremely busy and involved but very difficult to assess his effectiveness and direct impact on the game. its not that I don't rate Paulinho but i think we have very good options now with Sandro, Dembele and Capoue competing for the 2 central midfield places.

Back