• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official MKII- Paulinho

I'm very much one for giving players time to settle etc, but that performance was awful.

To play devil's advocate here; This was effectively his first pre season game. I'd reserve judgement until a month or two down the line when the guy has had enough time training with the rest of the squad.

To play devil's advocate here; This was effectively his first pre season game. I'd reserve judgement until a month or two down the line when the guy has had enough time training with the rest of the squad.

^ i'm going with this and trust that poch will take his time to assess the players properly and fairly before letting them go.

it looks like this year is indeed a transitional season with no real expectations. we're off to a slow start, taking our time with transfers, still figuring out our best eleven etc...

^ i'm going with this and trust that poch will take his time to assess the players properly and fairly before letting them go.

it looks like this year is indeed a transitional season with no real expectations. we're off to a slow start, taking our time with transfers, still figuring out our best eleven etc...

So sexy!

Take a hit? There are teams out there that would be willing to pay £18m - £20m for him.

not many now i think. only a decent world cup would have kept him at that kind of level.

Our excuse is always 'it's a transitional year'........

Not an excuse though is it. It seems every year we are either selling our best player and having to replace or getting in a new manager, both are a transition at the club.

My heart agrees 100%…my head is starting to tell me otherwise…I still have faith…'just'...

He was absolutely garbage last night.

Would anyone be confident in giving him a run in the team? It's not just his ability that for me isn't up to scratch. His mentality and attitude are FAR, FAR, FAR from the required standards of a top-flight European league.

People say he makes runs into the box and scores the odd goal. Great, would you be happy with spending £17m on Kevin Nolan minus the work-rate and fight? No, me neither. That's what he is. A muted, unconfident, weak version of Kevin Nolan.

Absolute garbage.

He's been training with the squad for quite some time and has been training with the squad for a year longer than Eric Dier who had one pre-season appearance for us and then was sent into the deep end against West Ham and was MOTM????????

Our excuse is always 'it's a transitional year'........

This.

Very easy to cling to that when things don't go well. if that were the case then EVERY SINGLE team goes through a transitional stage EVERY YEAR to some degree but adding or subtracting resources etc

I think using the excuse is a defense mechanism against dissapointment at times.

make no mistake...transitional seasons and eras do happen but they are much more noticeable...like when you lose TWO key players...or one Key player that your manager based EVERYTHING around, when you lose your manager and at the same time completely overhaul the team, when many key players age at roughly the same time etc etc

this doesnt happen all the time

He was absolutely garbage last night.

Would anyone be confident in giving him a run in the team? It's not just his ability that for me isn't up to scratch. His mentality and attitude are FAR, FAR, FAR from the required standards of a top-flight European league.

People say he makes runs into the box and scores the odd goal. Great, would you be happy with spending £17m on Kevin Nolan minus the work-rate and fight? No, me neither. That's what he is. A muted, unconfident, weak version of Kevin Nolan.

Absolute garbage.

Nolans work rate is actually quite **** and his fight? thats him just being a dirty player

i dont like him

Nolans work rate is actually quite **** and his fight? thats him just being a dirty player

i dont like him

Yeah i don't like him. That's kind of my point. I don't like him as a player, but I think he'd add more to the team than Paulinho. And that is pretty shocking.

He's just not a very good footballer. I'll ask anyone to name me one outstanding attribute that he has as a player. Why we paid all that money for him I'll never know.

Normally I'm for giving a player a 2nd season as there are often mitigating circumstances to explain bad performances. Paulinho may come good or may not but I want shot of him anyway because of his lack of professionalism leading up to the world cup. Spurs pay his wages but he wasn't willing to jeopardise his world cup dream by getting injured, and put in a string of half-ass performances that frankly were unacceptable. If he was trying hard and playing **** then sure give him another season, but lack of effort and ability means we should cash in if anyone is stupid enough to take him. Put the money towards Schneidlerlin.

We've got a hideously bloated collection of midfielders and some have to be shipped out, and he is the top of the list of that some. He's been a terrible signing which we'll lose a fair few million on.

Back