• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paul Mitchell - Head of Recruitment and Analysis

Leicester are looking for a Steve Walsh replacement.

At a club like Leicester he might have more say in who comes in.

however its probably Liverpool and triple the salary he is on at Spurs

And all he has to do is scout Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine players that Liverpool will pay way over the odds for.

Hmm. Interesting. Three possibilities abound - that he's been tapped up by a richer club, he's had disagreements with the management and board over signings or he has some personal concerns he wants to focus on. The first and last aren't dangerous in any way, but the middle prospect is. And if there are disagreements, then the question arises as to whom those disagreements were with - Poch, or Levy? Substance of the disagreement probably changes in each case - perhaps with Poch it's a case of players he recommended not being integrated enough, while in Levy's case it might be that players he recommended are being passed up in favour of cheaper or different alternatives.

Either way, further developments will tell us more. The period of recruitment that he was at the club for has been a generally successful one - significant failures, yes, but overshadowed by the successes. If he forms a significant part of that phenomenon, then it's a shame he might be leaving.

And all he has to do is scout Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine players that Liverpool will pay way over the odds for.

all the more reason to get someone like Mitchell in, to avoid making buys like that

any chance Levy can put him on gardening leave like he did with Arnesen. Levy must be fuming if Mitchell has been poached

Hmm. Interesting. Three possibilities abound - that he's been tapped up by a richer club, he's had disagreements with the management and board over signings or he has some personal concerns he wants to focus on. The first and last aren't dangerous in any way, but the middle prospect is. And if there are disagreements, then the question arises as to whom those disagreements were with - Poch, or Levy? Substance of the disagreement probably changes in each case - perhaps with Poch it's a case of players he recommended not being integrated enough, while in Levy's case it might be that players he recommended are being passed up in favour of cheaper or different alternatives.

Either way, further developments will tell us more. The period of recruitment that he was at the club for has been a generally successful one - significant failures, yes, but overshadowed by the successes. If he forms a significant part of that phenomenon, then it's a shame he might be leaving.

like who?

Stambouli and Fazio were signed before he arrived iirc. Toby, Wimmer and Trippier have done well, Alli amazing, Njie hasnt had a chance and Son has shown flashes of his talent and could be a Lamela that needs a bit more time to get used to the PL. Wanyama and Janssen have just signed

Can't imagine that he'd be wanted by Chelsea or Man C given the type of player they sign. Liverpool feels like the most likely destination - they have some money and want to catch-up with us. Other option might be a much smaller club which has suddenly had a pile of Chinese money turn up

any chance Levy can put him on gardening leave like he did with Arnesen. Levy must be fuming if Mitchell has been poached

The Mail article is unclear (to me) whether he has resigned and now has to serve a long notice period or whether he has already served his long notice and is on his way now. It does mention his contract was until 2017 so it could well be that he has a 6+month notice to serve, either working or on gardening leave before he can move elsewhere.

The article also mentions that is leaving is nothing to do with Poch. Whether that is meant to imply it has to do with someone else, or whether he simply sees better opportunities elsewhere, we may never know.

Tbh I would be far more concerned if it was Poch (obviously) or McDermott that the story was about

At the risk of conflating this with another thread, there's enough Big Data out there to still do the analytical stuff.

As I read it he has served his notice of six months, if so why is this surfacing now?
Will believe when club confirm.

I read that Wimmer and Janssen were both on the recommendation of the guy we took from Leicester

This is shocking. I only knew because someone was using it to diss Spurs. Only to check the news and GBAM!!

I read that Wimmer and Janssen were both on the recommendation of the guy we took from Leicester

and Alli was all Pleat's work. Levy was very reluctant to stump up the 5 mill for a Div 1 kid.

Maybe Poch changing from being coach to manager had an impact on this.

I also noticed that Sky Sports described Rebecca Caplehorn as our "de facto sporting director" in their piece on N'Koudou earlier in the week.

I would be surprised if he has been with us long enough to make a difference

2 years and roughly 10 players in... Arguably none that have been a failure (Njie the jury is out)

I'd say that's a decent run even if he isn't 100% behind them all

Back