• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paul Mitchell - Head of Recruitment and Analysis

Mitchell is a data analyist. He uses big data to predict career trajectories. His art is that his calculations show trajectories that are higher than others predict

This complements 'sheepskin coat' scouts like Pleat

Data Analyst my arse! The guy is a retired player. He gets a team of kids to watch videos.
Use of buzzwords like big data is typical gutter boy stuff.
He's a football man.
He not sitting there with a CART algorithm worrying about underfitting and pruning working out how to improve his Roc curve.

He's got a few kids noting down things he's looking for (that prozone don't do yet) and he's probably getting the amount of times they do it per game and against who. Thats not big data or data analysis.

Data Analyst my arse! The guy is a retired player. He gets a team of kids to watch videos.
Use of buzzwords like big data is typical gutter boy stuff.
He's a football man.
He not sitting there with a CART algorithm worrying about underfitting and pruning working out how to improve his Roc curve.

He's got a few kids noting down things he's looking for (that prozone don't do yet) and he's probably getting the amount of times they do it per game and against who. Thats not big data or data analysis.
Agreed; I know my Big Data and Mitchell is not it.

Can't find any actual detail on it yet -MailSport supposedly running the story but nothing more than a tweet at the moment.

Hopefully so. This journo's most recent tweet on Spurs from 22 hours ago has the headline "Work being started on Tottenham's new stadium next to White Hart Lane:".
So maybe he is just behind the times and it is Mitchell's resignation from Southampton he is (very) belatedly reporting.
#WishfulThinking

Oh well

Plenty more that are qualified to spend the clubs money.

Its funny to see who gets credited with signings, was it his eye or the clubs money or the managers final say? For Alli and Dier there is Fazio and a host of others

As important as Mitchell may have been he simply does not come anywhere near the significance that Poch is to the club. We still have a scouting system and we still have Poch.

It would not surprise me if he ends up at a monied club, chances are that he has been tapped up by a club that can pay him silly money

Leicester are looking for a Steve Walsh replacement.

At a club like Leicester he might have more say in who comes in.

however its probably Liverpool and triple the salary he is on at Spurs

Back