• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pape Matar Sarr

To be a player in a top side does not need EVERY player in the side to be elite or world class ( imo), what it needs are players who are top class and others around them who are good and provide those who are top class with the service to show their talents. Hard to think of many teams ( or any) whose players are all classed as world class. Sarr just needs to be good enough to help the world class players to play their game.

All good teams need water carriers/piano shifters

To be a player in a top side does not need EVERY player in the side to be elite or world class ( imo), what it needs are players who are top class and others around them who are good and provide those who are top class with the service to show their talents. Hard to think of many teams ( or any) whose players are all classed as world class. Sarr just needs to be good enough to help the world class players to play their game.

Definitely agree. There are some examples, but very few, where teams are essentially all world class players. It's definitely not necessary.

I think having players that are there to provide service is good enough, if the other players are at a sufficient level. You can also have players that are at a very high or even elite level at some things. If they then fit the role and system well enough that can make them more than just "service providers". May be that we just fully agree and use these words differently.

I think where he can be elite is his ability to cover ground, sheer athleticism. Stamina, pace, power. He's also shown himself to be a really good player defensively in tackles and duels. Seems to have good awareness.

I also think he has a good shot on him, though so far rather inconsistent in that regard. If he can add a decent number of goals to his game he could be really special. Or if he can develop the technical aspects required to do more on the ball in tight spaces.

Either way he definitely has the potential to be a very good player, he already is a very good player at 21.

Definitely agree. There are some examples, but very few, where teams are essentially all world class players. It's definitely not necessary.

I think having players that are there to provide service is good enough, if the other players are at a sufficient level. You can also have players that are at a very high or even elite level at some things. If they then fit the role and system well enough that can make them more than just "service providers". May be that we just fully agree and use these words differently.

I think where he can be elite is his ability to cover ground, sheer athleticism. Stamina, pace, power. He's also shown himself to be a really good player defensively in tackles and duels. Seems to have good awareness.

I also think he has a good shot on him, though so far rather inconsistent in that regard. If he can add a decent number of goals to his game he could be really special. Or if he can develop the technical aspects required to do more on the ball in tight spaces.

Either way he definitely has the potential to be a very good player, he already is a very good player at 21.

He's got an engine, isn't easily pushed off ball (despite being quite thin/lanky), technically good and most importantly very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces (press resistant), he's also quite tidy, manages possession, doesn't lose the ball a lot.

That's a lot of upside in a 21 year old player

All good teams need water carriers/piano shifters
He will become more than that. Sarr at youth level demonstrated a wider range of skills and a more expansive game. It's just at this level he's becoming acclimatised and is an intelligent player so plays his role as he is asked. He has more to his than simply an engine ( I know you're not saying that). He's already got one assist, a very decent through ball against United, he can deffo pass. It's just something that will grow with time and further confidence.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He will become more than that. Sarr at youth level demonstrated a wider range of skills and a more expansive game. It's just at this level he's becoming acclimatised and is an intelligent player so plays his role as he is asked. He has more to his than simply an engine ( I know you're not saying that). He's already got one assist, a very decent through ball against United, he can deffo pass. It's just something that will grow with time and further confidence.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'm sure you're right, I would love him to become our Patrick Viera.

We will miss him when he eventually departs for Real/Barca/cheat clubs.

This kid will be a bloody great player (he's brilliant already). Great touch, great movement, great vision - he just needs the experience to go with it.

No coincidence he was so involved in both goals today. Sarr is the dog's (young) gonad*s.

We will miss him when he eventually departs for Real/Barca/cheat clubs.

This kid will be a bloody great player (he's brilliant already). Great touch, great movement, great vision - he just needs the experience to go with it.

No coincidence he was so involved in both goals today. Sarr is the dog's (young) gonad*s.

Why would he leave?

Why would he leave?

Depends on us, I suppose. I can see him being wanted by the big/rich boys, which means we would have to lure him to stay by - probably - being sucessful.

I'm not an expert, and I don't claim to be one, but there’s just something about Sarr that tells me he could be a really good player.

Depends on us, I suppose. I can see him being wanted by the big/rich boys, which means we would have to lure him to stay by - probably - being sucessful.

I'm not an expert, and I don't claim to be one, but there’s just something about Sarr that tells me he could be a really good player.

I think he might be a master of open play like Viera. You can see his head swivelling about in the seconds before he receives the ball.

I thought he was outstanding last night
I think what he does is massively under estimated
But.. he does under cook his first touch at least a few times in every game so far
We love the idea if him being like Viera but Viera nailed the ball when it came too him every time
That’s something Sarr can fix
Every other part of his game is top top notch
And his running is outstanding

I thought he was outstanding last night
I think what he does is massively under estimated
But.. he does under cook his first touch at least a few times in every game so far
We love the idea if him being like Viera but Viera nailed the ball when it came too him every time
That’s something Sarr can fix
Every other part of his game is top top notch
And his running is outstanding

Absolutely this, I think the pure volume of work he puts in goes unoticed but I think he is a big loss if we were to lose him for any reason

Absolutely this, I think the pure volume of work he puts in goes unoticed but I think he is a big loss if we were to lose him for any reason

We all like him. Question is, him or bentancur?

I'd say sarr for the time being. Let lolo get up to speed.

I think he has to be the mainstay because the pure volume of work. I would say the question would be him or Bissouma personally, or at least in some games dependant on styles.

It's his tracking and runs that neither IMO have as a style or able to do

Great worries to have though, we look extremely strong in that area now, even PEH have come on IMO

Bentacur is top drawer
And proven
But….
I just can’t see him playing the same way that we see Sarr playing
Sarr runs and runs a lot
I mean a crazy amount
Bentacur is more sophisticated in his game
I could see Bentacur however playing the Maddison role. It’s not how he played at Juve. It’s not even how he played for us. But he IMO excels at using space which isn’t how you see Sarr playing

nice problem to have

Bentacur is top drawer
And proven
But….
I just can’t see him playing the same way that we see Sarr playing
Sarr runs and runs a lot
I mean a crazy amount
Bentacur is more sophisticated in his game
I could see Bentacur however playing the Maddison role. It’s not how he played at Juve. It’s not even how he played for us. But he IMO excels at using space which isn’t how you see Sarr playing

nice problem to have
You also find Sarr down the right hand side a lot with the ball and sometimes putting in crosses. I can't see Bentancur being asked to do this sort of thing....

Back