• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overreaction..

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Seriously, some of the overreacting I have seen on this forum over the past few weeks has been unbearable. Come on guys, sure drawing away at Wigan is tough to swallow, and just about overcoming Southampton at home after a very poor performance is frustrating but we are STILL in the hunt for a top four finish, don't give up on the team when the season hasn't even finished and the rewards are still possible. In fact, don't give up on the team at all.

I mean over the past few weeks, days even, I have seen things like "Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson aren't footballers" which is mind boggling considering the same people probably moan about pass and move and how we lack it when Holtby is one of the rare people in our team who actually understands that concept. I've also seen "Valencia is leagues above Lennon" now that has got to be the worst of all of them. Valencia? Antonio Valencia? The brick one from Man Utd is LEAGUES above Lennon? Really? Seriously? Come off it, you're just saying that to get a reaction now.

Not to mention other gems such as "Dembele is average", "we had a better midfield in the Jol days" - that one was a good one, how I miss those days of Jenas partnering the likes of Danny Murphy or Didier Zokora in midfield with Malbranque out wide, good old days, I mean imagine we had that midfield now, no doubt we'd be contending for the title, such a shame.

I just don't get it. You love this club right? Then get fudging behind them and show them, support them. It's like people just want to be negative because maybe when something positive happens it feels better? I know how that is, when we play some of the big guns I kinda put my hopes down so when we get a hard fought draw or a win it feels much better. This is why I love for the club. Win, lose, or draw we are Tottenham.

We are on to something big in my eyes. We have a young manager who has won things in the past, has good insight to the game and give him a few years and I know we'll see something special at the club. We have some real superb talented individuals, Lloris, one of the best goalkeepers in the league. We have Vertonghen who in his debut season has been voted by his peers as one of the best centre backs, we also have Kaboul who last season was arguably our best centre back, we haven't even seen what those two could potentially form at the back.

We have in Sandro one of the best players in his position in the world in my view. We have Aaron Lennon who has been a great servant to the club for near enough 8 years now, on his day still a terrorising winger who can run full backs inside out. We have a talented midfield partner for Sandro in Dembele who's footwork, skill and defensive ability is quite frankly scary. And of course we have Gareth Bale, one of the best players in the world and just got voted PFA Players Player, Writers Player and Young Player of the Year.

We're still fighting for a top four finish, we have 3 games left. We got this far despite not having our best centre back from last season in Kaboul, we have continued to fight for it even without Sandro who was one of our top performers and has been a big loss in central midfield for 4 months now. We have done it without a form striker in Adebayor or Defoe, especially Adebayor who last season was easily our best striker and one of our most important players. We've done it without the creativity of a Modric or van der Vaart who helped us last season greatly.

I think some of you expect too much. It's like after one season of Champions League football (which we all bloody well loved), you think by some divine right we DESERVE Champions League football. And maybe we did deserve it this year after finishing fourth in the league, but it didn't happen. If we don't get it this year, then it didn't happen, we dust ourselves off and we give it another go next year.

I just hope for he remaining three games, through thick and thin, through every misplaced pass, foul given, foul throw, miss, card, you stick by the players and support the GHod damn team because boy they need us more than every now. Starting with the away support at Stamford Bridge, lets go there, lets fudging destroy them on there own pitch for the first time in 20 years, lets give AVB his day, lets give us OUR day and for GHod sakes lets give TOTTENHAM THERE DAY.

Couldn't watch the game on Saturday so I recorded it instead. Came home around 11 o'clock that evening a little smashed, etc. (missus was away) - put the TV on looking for the recording (only to realise ours was delayed and they showed Wham - Saudi Sportswashing Machine instead - WTF! Next I skipped to some score screen which showed our game as 0:0 so in my semi-drunken state I thought that was the final score (forgetting we had a 30 min delay) so the inevitable sinking feeling came in - 'we blew it again'. Got depressed, switched off everything off and decided to put some series on the Mac instead and crash. As I was choosing what to watch - the urge came over to see what's the knee-jerking like online - only to discover we had actually won! First I got scared but then realised the TV had showed our delayed result

Moral of the story - it ain't over till it's over

I don't really give a brick what happens over the next fortnight. We've already overarchieved this summer considering how desperate things were 11 months ago.

The club is really moving in the right direction now (progressive, smart and sustainable) and I couldn't be more optimistic about the next 2-5 years.

Seriously, some of the overreacting I have seen on this forum over the past few weeks has been unbearable. Come on guys, sure drawing away at Wigan is tough to swallow, and just about overcoming Southampton at home after a very poor performance is frustrating but we are STILL in the hunt for a top four finish, don't give up on the team when the season hasn't even finished and the rewards are still possible. In fact, don't give up on the team at all.

I mean over the past few weeks, days even, I have seen things like "Lennon, Holtby, Sigurdsson aren't footballers" which is mind boggling considering the same people probably moan about pass and move and how we lack it when Holtby is one of the rare people in our team who actually understands that concept. I've also seen "Valencia is leagues above Lennon" now that has got to be the worst of all of them. Valencia? Antonio Valencia? The brick one from Man Utd is LEAGUES above Lennon? Really? Seriously? Come off it, you're just saying that to get a reaction now.

Not to mention other gems such as "Dembele is average", "we had a better midfield in the Jol days" - that one was a good one, how I miss those days of Jenas partnering the likes of Danny Murphy or Didier Zokora in midfield with Malbranque out wide, good old days, I mean imagine we had that midfield now, no doubt we'd be contending for the title, such a shame.

I just don't get it. You love this club right? Then get fudging behind them and show them, support them. It's like people just want to be negative because maybe when something positive happens it feels better? I know how that is, when we play some of the big guns I kinda put my hopes down so when we get a hard fought draw or a win it feels much better. This is why I love for the club. Win, lose, or draw we are Tottenham.

We are on to something big in my eyes. We have a young manager who has won things in the past, has good insight to the game and give him a few years and I know we'll see something special at the club. We have some real superb talented individuals, Lloris, one of the best goalkeepers in the league. We have Vertonghen who in his debut season has been voted by his peers as one of the best centre backs, we also have Kaboul who last season was arguably our best centre back, we haven't even seen what those two could potentially form at the back.

We have in Sandro one of the best players in his position in the world in my view. We have Aaron Lennon who has been a great servant to the club for near enough 8 years now, on his day still a terrorising winger who can run full backs inside out. We have a talented midfield partner for Sandro in Dembele who's footwork, skill and defensive ability is quite frankly scary. And of course we have Gareth Bale, one of the best players in the world and just got voted PFA Players Player, Writers Player and Young Player of the Year.

We're still fighting for a top four finish, we have 3 games left. We got this far despite not having our best centre back from last season in Kaboul, we have continued to fight for it even without Sandro who was one of our top performers and has been a big loss in central midfield for 4 months now. We have done it without a form striker in Adebayor or Defoe, especially Adebayor who last season was easily our best striker and one of our most important players. We've done it without the creativity of a Modric or van der Vaart who helped us last season greatly.

I think some of you expect too much. It's like after one season of Champions League football (which we all bloody well loved), you think by some divine right we DESERVE Champions League football. And maybe we did deserve it this year after finishing fourth in the league, but it didn't happen. If we don't get it this year, then it didn't happen, we dust ourselves off and we give it another go next year.

I just hope for he remaining three games, through thick and thin, through every misplaced pass, foul given, foul throw, miss, card, you stick by the players and support the GHod damn team because boy they need us more than every now. Starting with the away support at Stamford Bridge, lets go there, lets fudging destroy them on there own pitch for the first time in 20 years, lets give AVB his day, lets give us OUR day and for GHod sakes lets give TOTTENHAM THERE DAY.

are you fcuking having a laugh?????

these are 2 cracking shows of support you made on Sat against the Saints.......

"yet another anonymous performance so far from ol' PFA."

"Bale is useless when not on the wing too."

Bale, the guy who has single handedly rescued Tottenham's season, and ive noticed that you cant wait to have a go at him when given a chance

seems to me you need to follow your own words of advice. Would be handy if you didnt over-react too:-k

You really think I believe Bale is brick though? :lol:

It's more just saying how I think Bale is better on the wing, or is that wrong?

You really think I believe Bale is brick though? :lol:

It's more just saying how I think Bale is better on the wing, or is that wrong?

i didnt say that you think Bale is sh!t......but you love a good dig when he doesnt quite hit the heights. Isnt it better to simply get behind all the players, just like you are advising the rest of us???

i didnt say that you think Bale is sh!t......but you love a good dig when he doesnt quite hit the heights. Isnt it better to simply get behind all the players, just like you are advising the rest of us???

No, I like to voice my opinion when he's playing poor. He was playing poor, I wanted him out on the wing because he's more effective there as it proved when he went out to the right. and yes, for the final three games.

Things got way out of hand after beating Southampton.

Excellent first post, so right in the 2nd post and totally agree with the 3rd post.

Despite yesterday, the fat lady aint singing yet. And she wont be either if we do happen to lose on Weds night (which, by the way, I dont think we will)
Its only over we dont get 3pts in the next 2 games and Arsenal beat Wigan.

I don't really give a brick what happens over the next fortnight. We've already overarchieved this summer considering how desperate things were 11 months ago.

The club is really moving in the right direction now (progressive, smart and sustainable) and I couldn't be more optimistic about the next 2-5 years.

why were things desperate?

Spot on GB.

Even so, great to be in the thick of it once more competing with Arsenal and Chelsea who year in year out over the past decades have finished way above us. We know the bigger picture is still rosy.

With regards to Chelsea... Anything is possible. Especially when you have the best player in the league. COYS

Having lost Modric, missed out on CL in devastating fashion, I can see why it felt desperate. And after the way the season started I certainly did not expect us to be competing for the top 4 at this stage.

Because of Arry?

i still dont get it, desperate how? that he was leaving? that would make GB go over the moon....

how exactly were we desperate , getting 4th , lining up a decent replacement , getting quality squad players in......what was desperate about all that?

Having lost Modric, missed out on CL in devastating fashion, I can see why it felt desperate. And after the way the season started I certainly did not expect us to be competing for the top 4 at this stage.

why desperate? as opposed to dissapointing?....no one at the start of the season thought we were nailed on for top 4 last year...but we over acheived and that put people's backs out when we didnt make 3rd. we did however get our target.

what was desperate about hitting our target?

I guarantee if we were in EXACTLY the same position, EXACTLY the same players, EXACTLY the same results, but Redknapp was manager...you wouldn't be saying that.

btw 11 months ago we was sitting 4th? GHod how desperate things looked:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
i still dont get it, desperate how? that he was leaving? that would make GB go over the moon....

how exactly were we desperate , getting 4th , lining up a decent replacement , getting quality squad players in......what was desperate about all that?

Not sure - simply guessing on his behalf

Probably infair

why desperate? as opposed to dissapointing?....no one at the start of the season thought we were nailed on for top 4 last year...but we over acheived and that put people's backs out when we didnt make 3rd. we did however get our target.

what was desperate about hitting our target?

The very nature of being an irrational football fan made it feel desperate, seeing an unassailable lead lost to Arsenal, Chelsea complete what seemed impossible and losing arguably our best player and our most successful manager in many many years. Things looked fairly bleak, in that moment. We're not all level headed fans at the best of times and react in the heat of the moment. We now know looking back it was never "now or never" as so many thought.

are you fcuking having a laugh?????

these are 2 cracking shows of support you made on Sat against the Saints.......

"yet another anonymous performance so far from ol' PFA."

"Bale is useless when not on the wing too."

Bale, the guy who has single handedly rescued Tottenham's season, and ive noticed that you cant wait to have a go at him when given a chance

seems to me you need to follow your own words of advice. Would be handy if you didnt over-react too:-k

Believe me when i say Mumorn suffers from multiple Personality Disorder. One minute he's informing us how brick this player is or how brick we're playing, the next minute he tells us we shouldn't moan and complain, the next minute he goes back to bashing players/performances, a few minutes later he'll start threads declaring we should all be positive.

No, I like to voice my opinion when he's playing poor. He was playing poor, I wanted him out on the wing because he's more effective there as it proved when he went out to the right. and yes, for the final three games.

Things got way out of hand after beating Southampton.

But that is no different to what the rest of us are doing. Don't you see?

We all love the club. We all want to win. But if we see something poor, as we did saturday despite the win, we comment on it.

Some are more vociferous than others, but we all do it.

I don't think any of us have actually stopped supporting and hoping, despite the odds slowly working against us.

Back