• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overreaction..

do / say whatever you need to mate. everyone knows where you are with this and why. pointless...and tiring abit..we have done this dance before, i'd rather not do it again with you either if you dont mind

But you cannot ignore the question. And the underlying point. WHich is absolutely about context!!!! It is why Harry got away with top 4 failure the season we were IN the CL. Quite simply, it was our first time in the tournament and I think everyone was prepared to let slide some of the league mis-management in the second-half of that season, and quite rightly so as we got fairly close to doing what I felt we might do (reach the final!!!!!!!)...

I think questions are great but context has to be factored in.

But you cannot ignore the question. And the underlying point. WHich is absolutely about context!!!! It is why Harry got away with top 4 failure the season we were IN the CL. Quite simply, it was our first time in the tournament and I think everyone was prepared to let slide some of the league mis-management in the second-half of that season, and quite rightly so as we got fairly close to doing what I felt we might do (reach the final!!!!!!!)...

Steff bro, Please dont come in at the end of this thing. You and i definitely had an agreement to leave this topic alone in particular LOL. its worked so far....lets keep it that way. Have a blast dissing most things redknapp and praising everything AVB, it clearly works for some. I am tired of getting into it with some. At least for today..i'd rather try my hand with someone new ;)

Side note but Mirallas is a top, top player now that yout brought it up - would absolutely love it if we signed him - street ahead of Sig and Dempsey

Would love him here, seems to fit he bill and he's Belgian. They call him the Belgian Ronaldo.

Steff bro, Please dont come in at the end of this thing. You and i definitely had an agreement to leave this topic alone in particular LOL. its worked so far....lets keep it that way. Have a blast dissing most things redknapp and praising everything AVB, it clearly works for some. I am tired of getting into it with some. At least for today..i'd rather try my hand with someone new ;)

Well...there's no answer to that other than 'fine' I suppose...I'll ignore the cheap shot in the middle of your reply ;)

Side note but Mirallas is a top, top player now that yout brought it up - would absolutely love it if we signed him - street ahead of Sig and Dempsey

Would be a quality signing. Think Sig has the potential to be that good, maybe a little more productive goal wise though.

As much as it is nice to dream, it's not happening. Everton would be mad to let him go to us.

Well...there's no answer to that other than 'fine' I suppose...I'll ignore the cheap shot in the middle of your reply ;)

Thanks man, i didnt mean to be so petty and vindictive . It wasnt even a cheap shot, i believe it to be true but i worded it nasty and very confrontational. disgraceful behaviour. please accept my apology as i didnt mean to a dingdong deep down

If we want an 'Eden Hazard-lite' we should look at dries mertens who'd be a good alternative to have in our team. I watch a lot of Dutch football (which is why I want us to sign Wilfried Bony so bad) and Mertens is a real handful. I've already said we should do all we can to sign Fischer as I feel he'd flourish growing into our team, but Mertens wouldn't be too expensive in my view.

[video=youtube;LaK0GbCc7xA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaK0GbCc7xA[/video]

----------------------Gomes------------------------

Corluka---------Dawson-------Gallas-------ekotto

lennon----------palacios--------modric------Bale

----------------------------VDV---------------------

-------------------------Crouch---------------------

Now have a look at the first 11 our rivals were putting out. He 'got away with it" because our first team (and squad in general) was not good enough (player for player) when compared to our rivals.

Thanks man, i didnt mean to be so petty and vindictive . It wasnt even a cheap shot, i believe it to be true but i worded it nasty and very confrontational. disgraceful behaviour. please accept my apology as i didnt mean to a dingdong deep down

Why do I feel like eating my nuts whenever T Pulis is talking?????

As I said in spurs vs soton thread I completely get people's off the cuff remarks.in game.....im just as guilty..........I also want an interesting forum where we are not all spouting our undying love for each other lol.

I think the problem is people just saying the negative stuff without backing it up with facts....or in a measured way.

Personally I like to think I can take points on board or admit when im wrong....... there is alot of peeps who go to far when sticking to their guns.

At the end of the day we should have banter thats heated but then remember at the end we love spurs!!!!!!

As for Harry he gave us fantastic times and did a great job and I personally am very grateful.......but its time to move on and I can not hide my feelings in that I think we are ont a good-un with AVB. I hope im not proved wrong...

One thing I can forsee is come game time on wednesday a certain thread will probably be more unified than at any other point this season......heres hoping.

Why do I feel like eating my nuts whenever T Pulis is talking?????

As I said in spurs vs soton thread I completely get people's off the cuff remarks.in game.....im just as guilty..........I also want an interesting forum where we are not all spouting our undying love for each other lol.

I think the problem is people just saying the negative stuff without backing it up with facts....or in a measured way.

Personally I like to think I can take points on board or admit when im wrong....... there is alot of peeps who go to far when sticking to their guns.

At the end of the day we should have banter thats heated but then remember at the end we love spurs!!!!!!

As for Harry he gave us fantastic times and did a great job and I personally am very grateful.......but its time to move on and I can not hide my feelings in that I think we are ont a good-un with AVB. I hope im not proved wrong...

One thing I can forsee is come game time on wednesday a certain thread will probably be more unified than at any other point this season......heres hoping.

top man, top post

He is streets ahead of Siggy - I can only suggest you watch him more often and more carefully - fantastic player with technical ability as good as Dembele's

I'm not so sure about (consistent) technique, but when I've seen him he's come across as very intelligent with his movement. I think Siggy delivers cleverer passes when he has the time and space, but he's not as aggressive as Mirallas in creating that time and space for himself so he ends up like this little dandelion drifting around the pitch. That's why I'm such a big advocate of "dynamic" players who have not only the tactical intelligence but hunger and acceleration in their movement; our midfield would look a lot more fluid if the players in the final third were more aggressive at making themselves available.

I don't think we're really overreacting in terms of performances - because honestly, we've been outplayed quite a bit by low-to-midtable sides this season, which *should* raise concerns no matter the quality of our individual players on paper - but it's worth remembering that the season's not over yet! Some of us are acting like we've already failed miserably while Chelsea and Arsenal are steamrolling the league when it's anything but. Every game is now a cup final and we need to summon our spirit and get behind the team before raising the inquisition. (And yes, I do wring my hands a lot after every game! That's the initial post-match reaction though, which for most people is a combo of emotional reflex and more analytical, hard-nosed critiques and debate or bickering and so on. But I don't think it helps anyone much right before the next game - that's the point where it's more useful to set aside the rational, sense-seeing part of your brain and shift into hardcore warrior "kick ass" mode, even on a messageboard. :lol:)

Last edited:
okay, i'm getting irritated now...which just means i will step away from this line of discussion.

i cant take the fact that you would take more everton players for our first team than spurs players and i absolutely hate the hypocrisy of re-evaluating our position for one manager and not the other. not to mention that all those players for the run in were either injured or unifit in harry regimes...they werent all playing at the same time in the run in....for a start parker played as the starter for quite some time and sandro filled in...VDv was either injured or getting injured...but who cares about facts

sooo, a deep breath....i think your points have merits but are COMPLETELY BIASED and i cant take you seriously. i'm done as far as you and i discussing it. fill your boots
Listen we can still discuss things without getting annoyed. That's the point of the forum. For what it's worth I don't think redknapp would do a worse job with this years players, I don't think a lot of managers would struggle with the team we have.

No, I like to voice my opinion when he's playing poor. He was playing poor, I wanted him out on the wing because he's more effective there as it proved when he went out to the right. and yes, for the final three games.

Things got way out of hand after beating Southampton.

One could argue that this season, he has played better through the middle in the process of scoring a zillion goals for us. Especially as the strikers we have to score goals are pretty brick

One could argue that this season, he has played better through the middle in the process of scoring a zillion goals for us. Especially as the strikers we have to score goals are pretty brick

You're not wrong, I suppose if a player is scoring that's all that matters, but I care much more about his overall performance and I don't think anyone can deny that out on the wing he is more of a threat.

You're not wrong, I suppose if a player is scoring that's all that matters, but I care much more about his overall performance and I don't think anyone can deny that out on the wing he is more of a threat.

It is not a case of goals being all that matters but when other players are not turning Bales's goals are the only reason we have even half a chance of making CL. There were 9 other outfield players on Saturday and not one of them looked remotely like scoring so thank funk for Bale.

By the way how many times this season have you argued that Bale should play on the right wing?

Absolutely accepted mate. To be fair, you made a very good point as we did agree not to discuss so I will remember that. Appreciate the post mate, let's hope we're all happy in the last week of May!

COYS

If we want an 'Eden Hazard-lite' we should look at dries mertens who'd be a good alternative to have in our team. I watch a lot of Dutch football (which is why I want us to sign Wilfried Bony so bad) and Mertens is a real handful. I've already said we should do all we can to sign Fischer as I feel he'd flourish growing into our team, but Mertens wouldn't be too expensive in my view.

[video=youtube;LaK0GbCc7xA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaK0GbCc7xA[/video]

Nice highlights reel. Has a shot on him too, doesn't he?

Swap with Gomes going the other direction.

Last edited:
Back