• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our strikers next season

Spurs linked with Diego Costa this morning :ross:

I like Costa, but just to watch him playing for another team as he is mad as a bag of cats. I wouldn't like him playing for Spurs. Also I have a nagging suspicion that he's having the 'season in a lifetime' and might drop off to a lower level of performance next year. Just a gut feeling but that's the way I see it happening.

I don't agree with who you define as working at all.

He defined those as being worth the money. Obviously they all worked to some degree but in terms of value I don't disagree massively with the players he's highlighted.

Are you guys really happy with the 3 strikers we have at the moment? Personally I think Ade, Roberto and Kane are simply not consistent enough to get us the goals we need

Are you guys really happy with the 3 strikers we have at the moment? Personally I think Ade, Roberto and Kane are simply not consistent enough to get us the goals we need

=D> True not one of them is good or consistent enough to get us fourth place.

of the three Kane is the one with the most potential to be fulfilled.

between soldado and ade...i'm inclined to think that soldado will fit the poch's system better with clever rather than brutish running, off rather than on the ball.

I haven't been happy with our strike force since that close season we sold Berbatov and Keane together.

Adebayor is too inconsistent. Does he want it enough? Is he sulking again? Or does he just have good days and bad days? Soldado is our Torres. Kane has potential but is too rookie to do it all himself and not sure he has the pace to play up front on his own.

It's a shame really because even when we have been crap we have always had a decent striker or two at Spurs to lift the gloom. Also it seemed that in the transfer market strikers always wanted to come to Spurs. I don't think that's the case anymore.

between soldado and ade...i'm inclined to think that soldado will fit the poch's system better with clever rather than brutish running, off rather than on the ball.

the reason why i think you plucked that hypothesis out of nowhere as opposed to something concrete is because pochettino played big guys up front in saints for whom movement wasnt the outstanding trait but more hold up play and wide channel running to bring team mates into the game.

your last comment seems like a plot device simply to say that solly has great movement and ade's is bad but plays more target man, backed up with an assumption of Poch's system preferring the former when in reality in southampton he frequently employed the latter style striker.......he even benched lambert for a bit for another type of big bully boy striker in Osvaldo.

Why do you think Soldado will fit better?

At Southampton Poch relied quite heavily on Lambert. When he brought in a new striker it was Osvaldo - not quite a Lambert style target man, but a fairly big strong player capable of doing some good hold up work etc.

At Spurs he's started Ade in all 3 league games so far. Very different league games, away to an Allardyce team, at home to a poor QPR side and against a very good Liverpool side. When he did take off Ade it was to put on another player with height and muscle in Kane.

I agree the strikers aren't ideal. Or at least I think we could have got rid of Soldado (who i don't think fits Pochettino's system particularly well). The thing is that it seems clear to me that Poch is set on Jay Rodriguez and while he's A) unavailable and B) we're monitoring how well he comes back from his injury, rather than going for second-best as far as Poch is concerned, seems to me we've decided to go with what we've got and play a waiting game. Afterall i believe we can sign Rodriguez on a pre-contract agreement in Jan can't we?

THIS!!!!!

But wait, i thought you were one of those "no matter what he does , solly must play" type guys?

I might be completely wrong

Me? I categorically stated he would be a failure when we signed him...and have since voiced my opinion that he offers Diddly squat but missed sitters.

the reason why i think you plucked that hypothesis out of nowhere as opposed to something concrete is because pochettino played big guys up front in saints for whom movement wasnt the outstanding trait but more hold up play and wide channel running to bring team mates into the game.

your last comment seems like a plot device simply to say that solly has great movement and ade's is bad but plays more target man, backed up with an assumption of Poch's system preferring the former when in reality in southampton he frequently employed the latter style striker.......he even benched lambert for a bit for another type of big bully boy striker in Osvaldo.

Not really, my first statement is about the unknown potential in Kane. We've seen what the other two can and cannot do. But Kane... Who knows if he can becomes the Sheringham or Lineker we pine for? At least we can still hope.

My second statement is borne out of the terribly inefficient runs that Ade seems to be making under Poch. He seems to run when the camera is on him. For midfielders to make a quick transition into attack, the furthest forward striker has got to pull into space. This means watching the play develop and making speculative runs. Lots of it. It's just not Ade. Nothing to do with physically bullying the opponent, more to do the smarts and industry to escape the marker to initiate the quick transition from midfield.

I really like our 3 CFs - I think they are all capable and a nice complementary mix.

For me the role for Soldado is going be against the bus parkers. His movement and ability to find space in crowded areas is unparalleled. With the two Eriks and a revitalised Chadli, I think he's going to get more of the service he thrives off (compared to sitting in front of Lennon and Townsend).

I think Rodriguez adding pace and goals from LWF is the only thing missing from our attacking set-up.

I really like our 3 CFs - I think they are all capable and a nice complementary mix.

For me the role for Soldado is going be against the bus parkers. His movement and ability to find space in crowded areas is unparalleled. With the two Eriks and a revitalised Chadli, I think he's going to get more of the service he thrives off (compared to sitting in front of Lennon and Townsend).

I think Rodriguez adding pace and goals from LWF is the only thing missing from our attacking set-up.

It is a nice mix, just worried it is a touch light on the goal contributions.

All 3 would be nice options/compliments to a 15-20 goal a season striker.

How sad that a supposed 26m striker is now seen a compliment to a 15-20 goal a season striker. That shows how badly he's failed.

I still think Soldado can achieve this, and yes Im well aware Im in the minority....

I still think Soldado can achieve this, and yes Im well aware Im in the minority....

He's hit a grand total of.........

6 goals in 29 league appearances so far (and 4 of those were pens). Is that the most pathetic return of 26m we've ever seen in football?

I like Costa, but just to watch him playing for another team as he is mad as a bag of cats. #1 - I wouldn't like him playing for Spurs. #2 - Also I have a nagging suspicion that he's having the 'season in a lifetime' and might drop off to a lower level of performance next year. Just a gut feeling but that's the way I see it happening.

#1 - Why
#2 - Nope

Back