• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our Goal of the Season?

Poll: Our Goal of the Season

• Modric v Liverpool

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Walker v Blackburn

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Bale v Emirates Marketing Project

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Bale v Norwich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lennon v Fulham

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Townsend v Shamrock Rovers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
It's frustrating that two glorious strikes from Walker and Modric in our last couple of games have been eclipsed by the media tossfest over Cisse's admittedly stunning goals for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

POLL ADDED

So let's be having your vote for our Goal of the Season. I'll keep it going til the end of the season incase any more specials come along.

ONE VOTE PER PERSON only.

More video clips would be very welcome.

Last edited:
We need a poll, mate

My nominations would be

- Modric vs. Liverpool
- Modric vs. Bolton
- Walker vs. Blackburn
- Bale vs. Emirates Marketing Project
- Saha vs. Bolton (FA Cup)
- Pav vs. Rubin Kazan (Europa League)

Any others?

I agree with that list but they mostly seem to be long shots - did we score any good team goals this year? Pardon my failing memory...

Bale V Norwich is up there too I think.

For technique, Bale's V City was outstanding, and probably the goal I've gone most mental at this season. Alas, how I wish it ended up counting for something...

I agree with that list but they mostly seem to be long shots - did we score any good team goals this year? Pardon my failing memory...

Actually our second v Bolton was a brilliant move. Cannot remember for certain but Sandro fed Modric who put that exquisite defence-splitting pass through to Lennon who in turn kept his composure to lay on the perfect pass for Adebayor to convert.

Edit ... second thoughts, it was our third.

Last edited:
I think Walker's free kick is going to win any poll on pure novelty value alone.

Speaking of which Ade's header against Swansea or Nelsen's against Bolton should probably be in there too.

I really liked the Defoe chip from Livermore's through ball, but can't remember who that was against. Not saying in any way that it's comparable to Walkers or Modric's, but it was a really nice goal. brick game though.

Modric vs. Liverpool
Adebayor vs. Liverpool
Walker vs. Arsenal
van der Vaart vs. Blackburn
Bale vs. Queens Park Rangers
Bale vs. Norwich
Assou-Ekotto vs. Everton
Bale vs. Emirates Marketing Project
Walker vs. Blackburn
Modric vs. Bolton
Pavlyuchenko vs. Rubin Kazan
Townsend vs. Shamrock Rovers
van der Vaart vs. Watford
Defoe vs. Stevenage
Saha vs. Bolton

I think should be the options.

I really liked the Defoe chip from Livermore's through ball, but can't remember who that was against. Not saying in any way that it's comparable to Walkers or Modric's, but it was a really nice goal. brick game though.

don't blame you for forgetting, that was the Norwich defeat at WHL, a game I've been trying really hard to forget... we were horrendous.

Anyways, I think Walker has to win this. What a sensational goal. Although Luka's vs Bolton was a fair bit special too...

You can't have a poll with more than 6 options, imv - becomes ridiculous. Some goals were really good while others were outstanding - simple criteria really

Last edited:
Modric vs. Liverpool
Adebayor vs. Liverpool
Walker vs. Arsenal
van der Vaart vs. Blackburn
Bale vs. Queens Park Rangers
Bale vs. Norwich
Assou-Ekotto vs. Everton
Bale vs. Emirates Marketing Project
Walker vs. Blackburn
Modric vs. Bolton
Pavlyuchenko vs. Rubin Kazan
Townsend vs. Shamrock Rovers
van der Vaart vs. Watford
Defoe vs. Stevenage
Saha vs. Bolton

I think should be the options.

Good list.

One to add, Lennon vs Fulham. Quality from Azza.

Back