• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans

Re: Boo Boys.

boo: interjection used to express disappointment or outrage, usually in public gatherings such as sporting events, speeches, and musical performances.

boy: a man regarded as immature or inexperienced.

people who boo are therefore immature.

boo: interjection used to express disappointment or outrage, usually in public gatherings such as sporting events, speeches, and musical performances.

boy: a man regarded as immature or inexperienced.

people who boo are therefore immature.

And dingdongheads

I was at the match, didn't boo at half time, which was utterly ridiculous. Booed Halsey at the end after an abysmally officiated game though...

I was at the match, didn't boo at half time, which was utterly ridiculous. Booed Halsey at the end after an abysmally officiated game though...

Hmm, not sure how the players / manager are supposed to know you're booing the ref and not them!?

I find it annoying that fans who boo at full time are considered *Insert derogatory remark* by supposedly 'superior' supporters who don't boo. If you never boo fine fair play. If you do fair play doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I find it annoying that fans who boo at full time are considered *Insert derogatory remark* by supposedly 'superior' supporters who don't boo. If you never boo fine fair play. If you do fair play doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I disagree.

I disagree.

White Hart Lane is accused of lacking passion nowadays, which is the better option; the who stay to the end of the match and voice their disapproval of those badly representing the club they're passionate about or an empty, soulless stadium because all the fairweather supporters left after the equaliser went in?

I get really angry at part time fans. Every single one of you who doesn't watch ninety minutes answer me this; if you know that Spurs won't score in the first five minutes, five minutes either side of half time or in the final eight minutes including stoppage time then what are tomorrow's lottery numbers.

Or to look at it another way, to every single one of you who left after the Norwich equaliser went in and before the final whistle went how dare you claim to support Spurs when you couldn't even stay and will them on to a winner? I get sickened by people who claim the team aren't making an effort when they couldn't even manage ninety minutes themselves.

My point is that I have more respect for a fan who does a full shift then voices their disapproval than a part timer. Even my offspring don't get unconditional love without some form of occasional chastisement. In fact, I'd go further, people who leave early shouldn't be allowed to father children, they don't stick around when the going gets tough and don't offer love and guidance when it's required. People who leave early are more suited to Jeremy Kyle's stage than the terraces of White Hart Lane.

So come on you part timers, sign up to a full shift and drown out the booers. Let's be 'avin yer.

Not aimed at Nutter, I was just responding to his original point to start with.

Last edited:

White Hart Lane is accused of lacking passion nowadays, which is the better option; the who stay to the end of the match and voice their disapproval of those badly representing the club they're passionate about or an empty, soulless stadium because all the fairweather supporters left after the equaliser went in?

I get really angry at part time fans. Every single one of you who doesn't watch ninety minutes answer me this; if you know that Spurs won't score in the first five minutes, five minutes either side of half time or in the final eight minutes including stoppage time then what are tomorrow's lottery numbers.

Or to look at it another way, to every single one of you who left after the Norwich equaliser went in and before the final whistle went how dare you claim to support Spurs when you couldn't even stay and will them on to a winner? I get sickened by people who claim the team aren't making an effort when they couldn't even manage ninety minutes themselves.

My point is that I have more respect for a fan who does a full shift then voices their disapproval than a part timer. Even my offspring don't get unconditional love without some form of occasional chastisement. In fact, I'd go further, people who leave early shouldn't be allowed to father children, they don't stick around when the going gets tough and don't offer love and guidance when it's required. People who leave early are more suited to Jeremy Kyle's stage than the terraces of White Hart Lane.

So come on you part timers, sign up to a full shift and drown out the booers. Let's be 'avin yer.

Not aimed at Nutter, I was just responding to his original point to start with.

Personally, i very rarely leave early although i have been known to shoot off 1 or 2 mins early & one of the few times i have left earlier than that was the 1-5 game vs City last season as i couldn't bear the humiliation any longer. In my defence i will just point out that i have a 2.5-3 hour journey each way to attend games. I stayed to the bitter end vs WBA & Norwich. I am always in the ground & in my seat 30mins before kick off. If a night games goes to extra time i have to leave at HT of extra time or i will miss my last train. Sorry.

I will be at the NextGen game next week & at the Lazio game the week after even though i dont get home until 12.30-12.45 after night games & am up for work at 5.30am.

Still never booed in 40 years though.

Booing at full time is bad enough but booing everytime certain players get the ball makes those that do dingdongheads.

Hmm, not sure how the players / manager are supposed to know you're booing the ref and not them!?

Well aware of this but I couldn't really contain myself! I'm sure that booing the team is very rarely effective, it might be justified if we were losing 3-0 at half time or things were going really badly, but booing because we were drawing 0-0 in the 3rd game of the season is just silly.

I might not make you less of a fan, but it certainly makes you less of a supporter IMO. After all, how is booing any form of support?

Back